Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Should robes have a unique effect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sorrow Avaritia, May 5, 2019.

?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I really liked the idea of robes increasing magic damage and having lower resistances than a bone set / bone infernal set. It gives an actual benefit and a reason for you to use one over the over, do you want more damage or more resistances. Rather than just nerfing old Armour, you could pick between the 2 and give more damage than what you could do b4.

What is being done now is completely pointless, you are essentially just adding another bone set with a different skin, what is the point in spending all that time adding new items to the game if you are just going to be replacing something we already have with something that's basically the same and looks different just because a few people complained.

There needs to be variety in gear choices so every1 isn't just running around in the same thing. On a side note could we buff staffs other than cobras as well?

I don't really care what the unique effect is, increase spell damage, casting time, mana efficiency, increased elemental damage, increase necro / witchcraft damage , increase arcane / spell chanting damage, increase healing, reduced cool downs. Something would be nice, rather than just different protections / encumbrance.

quietnoobz likes this.
  2. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Loyal Hero

I imagined robes would allow you to stat/heal better. Glass cannons that can be ripped to shreds when out of position.

As robes stand, you will have 0 encumberance with them, which basically gives you an extra enchant (won’t need a feather). That is a benefit in itself, but from what I’ve heard, it sounds like the template will be running with leather fillers potentially.

Excited for hybrid making a come back. Sounds like archery will be strong, and having the utility of magic (storm blast, come hither etc), this could end up being one of the builds that people gravitate to

KingLlama and Blaze like this.
  3. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

^

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

Did someone say support robes?

5. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Bruh, I’m saying.

6. akomagalingss

akomagalingss Goblin Scout

I'm saying too, who else is saying?

Oresmacker, Blaze and Fengor like this.
  7. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

On one hand I agree. On the other it makes for some really shitty design if you look at all of it together. Why do melee and archery require specialization to compete and mages don't? Why can't melee and archery compete without specializations? Why doesn't magic have specializations?

So if I want to be a healer I have to wear a specific robe? If I want to be an archer I pick a spec?

All this bullshit started when av got lazy and created destro instead of balancing shit right. So what we have is a confusing mess of junk thrown together.

8. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

after the r90 splash dmg nerf robes need casting speed bonus....

9. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

allow robes to be able to enchant the robes with duration or mana eff easy

10. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I am not saying mage should need specialization to compete, I am just saying that I feel as if adding robes in their current state is kinda pointless, as it stands atm most people wont bother with robes, they will use an infernal helm + bone set + leather gloves and boots, till they can make mastery leather helm gloves and boots, then rest bone which is better than robes and keeps with the same encumbrance that every1 currently uses. Making robes the likely more expensive choice and worse choice.

11. ThiefGarrett

Basically bone is too good for it's cost. Nerf it. Make a mastery version for anyone wanting to mix. That way you have more equal cost to effect balance and can add in mage specs to match the others.

12. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

All this shit is a tragic and embarrassing waste of developer time and resources :(.

13. ThiefGarrett

I disagree. The more choices for players the better.

14. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The point is its not really a choice when one is simply better and more cost efficient.

15. ThiefGarrett

He's saying it's all a waste of time. It won't be a waste of time if there are more choices.

16. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Affluent Legend

They have a unique effect. No encumbrance.

Isaac Clarke likes this.
  17. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

only 0 encumbrance isn't sufficent for robes....maybe the best solution is doing a magnitude bonus...make possible enchant robes and hoods...and increase the magic protections of robes and bone set.....

18. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I don't get how you are missing the point so completely. How is there a choice when one is simply better and cheaper.

19. ThiefGarrett

What is this discussion about? Are we here to try and discuss what should happen or just sit and bitch about it?

20. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Its a discussion about not adding pointless stuff to the game, there needs to be a reason for diversity and a reason to get people out and farming, when robes were originally introduced I felt like there would be a reason for diversity and a reason to go out and farm, with the changes there just isn't. What is the point in spending time developing stuff if it wont make any difference.