Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Should robes have a unique effect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sorrow Avaritia, May 5, 2019.

?

Should robes have a unique effect?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

no encumbrance = no need for feather enchant = extra enchant = bonus effect of your choice

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Isaac Clarke likes this.
  2. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

1 Enchant doesn't make up for 1-2 less protections on everything. For what is most likely a much cheaper price. 7 Bone (cost is barely relevent) and 3 mastery leather pieces vs robes.

The cost for 7 bone + 3 mastery leather is probably going to be 30% of a robe of the same rank, it will be under 9 magic encum which is the current standard, provide 1-2 protections more for most things.

The only benefit is that you will get to enchant against 1 extra thing which is 3-5 protection, I really don't think that will make up for it.

Why would any1 pick robes?

quietnoobz likes this.
  3. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

sounds like they need to balance the cost of robes then, not add a bonus effect.

Inkarnation and quietnoobz like this.
  4. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

Seems to me bone is the primary cause of the cost issues

5. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Well the cost is just a guess, but a reasonable one. I just think there should be a reason to pick robes and a reason to pick hybrid, not just min maxing.

6. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Pretty much everyone is asking for a unique effect that isn't magnitude in discord. BPG doesn't seem very interested tho

7. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

I think Chad should decide.

What if we made robes provide better heals/transfers/buff others.

What if robed guys had better momentum spells like more powerful be gone storm blast impulse come hither wof so they could just flop all over the place

What if robes were squishier but got the magnitude option on elemental spells

What if robes took on the staff bonuses like staff of life robes sarrecenia robes, etc.

#27 quietnoobz, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Inkarnation likes this.
  8. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

if youre gunna rip off material from UW, just stick to the program, as it was fairly balanced by that point of the game:

-Leather: Attack Speed increase (Melee/Archery)
    -Heavy Robes: Mana Regen + Buff time increase + Healing bonus
    -Light Robes: Magnitude (glass cannon)
    -Metal: Knockup reduction

Make Leather/Metal able to mix armor sets, as well as Heavy/Light robes, and have the effects scale per amount of each set piece. Bonus's only for Mastery gear.

quietnoobz and Inkarnation like this.
  9. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Never played UW to be able to rip it off.

10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I got on the pts to test encumbrance in full armour for the new leather, new infernal with pants. For the leather set in particular, you stay at 0-15 archery pen without feather enchant. I think you need 9.99 archery pen to keep 100% archery damage.

With that being said, i think bone armour should go into crafting masyery too with more stats. It should be good for mages who want 9-19 magic penalty.

On top of that, i think they should nerf feather enchants. New armour should completely replace the need to have +22 feather.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sero should punish you for that. It wasn't balanced: DF UW was never balanced.
    Everything combat and economy wise was terrible in DF UW. Every other content were fine (including) pvp content which DF ROA needs badly.

11. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

Spoken like someone who did not play the game when it was good, as most had already given up by that point its understandable, however those that played until the end could tell you how wrong you are.

Protections and new cosmetic wardrobes are cool and all but they arent really a major draw to this new gear or "content". Respective bonuses for each type, within reason ofc, would make the concept worthwhile

12. Scrapnotcrap

Hero

At the end, i remember the meta being ridiculously long: 30 minute fights between 2 good players. Without the build that could make you last as long as that, you'd lose. how was that balanced?
    That mean you couldn't be a mage spamming magic because without mana, you can't constantly heal yourself while they can.

Transferring for healing wasn't an option so the transfer meta has never been as good or as fun as DFO's. You had no reason not to stack heals: Bandage, healing blast, the aoe prim ult that steals hp, the self buff that regenerates all 3 vital stats faster... at a bear minimum, 2 was good: mostly bandage and healing blast.

The mobility meta was just dumb. In DFO, you just gotta be good at bunny hopping and you must learn how to angle your stormblast. That's it.
    In DF UW, stack all mobility abilities if you don't wanna fight at all. turn all your maps and never die or just harass ppl with a team that stacks all mobilities.

When the TTK wasn't so bad, ppl wanted it to be increased when players were simply being bad and screaming to survive much longer in fights.
    Only thing that had to be done was removing all cones, and to make most abilities require skill to use efficiently to promote aiming/dodging over spamming. Melee abilities came off way too fast: faster than rays so they were hard to predict and dodge. In fact, you could forgot about predicthing your opponent in DF UW, it was a spamfest. AOE damage were too high as-well. The AOE did all the work.

They Only had to make food regen work while sprinting, but instead, they decided to buff stamina regen heavily.

#32 Scrapnotcrap, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  13. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

@Scrapnotcrap we're talking about the armor set bonuses here dude

14. Scrapnotcrap

Hero

And this is why i don't want that DF UW shit. That's the point.

DF UW was never balanced. Nothing about UW was balanced in term of combat so we don't want none of it.

15. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

EKS D.

It was never good.

Peeps need to chill on the robe complaints. Ask yourselves this: SHOULD robes have a unique effect if things like SPECIALIZATIONS or RELICS are added down the road?

Just chill kids.

ThiefGarrett likes this.
  16. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

"Down the road" is damn near vaporware when talking about BPGs rate of implementation though.

If the new gear sets dont have unique set bonuses, then what is the point?? Maybe I havent read up on it enough, but it's pretty much just protection and encumbrance variance right?? That seems pretty lackluster...

17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Yes, mainly protection, encumbrance, and cost variance.

The way I see it... The point is to give the game a more MMORPG look while adding in new monsters, rares, and hotspots to fight over. It also potentially adds new value to things like groves/farms over mines, and gives territory control some more substance. Also my dick gets hard at the thought of being able to say "focus the mage" and people will immediately know to look for the robed wearing cunt.

What is the problem though? You don't want to farm? You don't like the look of robes? Waste of time?

Well too fucking bad. Gear is so fucking abundant right now I welcome new sets. An archer centered playstyle might see some more viability out of this. The robes dont look bad, and if this gives ROA a better image while retaining Darkfalls amazing combat (yes I know its all fucky atm), why the fuck are we complaining?

Billy Lee and ThiefGarrett like this.
  18. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

The farm spots may be more contested and fun to fight over if the sets added more variance to the game aside from "do I wanna be more weak to pierce or slash?". That's boring tbh. I dont think it's as much complaining about the new sets as much as hoping theyd add more to the game than they are currently set to....because I agree with your sentiment that more archer based roles, as well as battle mages and support mages would be awesome, all of which led to my initial idea:

-Leather: Attack Speed increase (Melee/Archery)
    -Heavy Robes: Mana Regen + Buff time increase + Healing bonus
    -Light Robes: Magnitude (glass cannon)
    -Metal: Knockup reduction

19. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

IMO adding bonuses to armour adds extreme convolution. Especially when we have things like SPECIALIZATIONS that are already in the game that could be expanded upon.

I get it. "WE WANT IT, AND WE'VE BEEN WAITING 10 FUCKING YEARS, SO WE WANT IT FUCKING NOW!"

Just give em time to work lol.

[​IMG]

Slayven and ThiefGarrett like this.
  20. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Celestial
    Hero

Well they play the game every day surely they know what's best

/s

Schnid likes this.