Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Should robes have a unique effect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sorrow Avaritia, May 5, 2019.

?

Should robes have a unique effect?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I don't think they play at all, metal got the normal encumbrance mages use wrong.

2. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

What's the point of new armors if they don't add something new/ viably different?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor and Degamra like this.
  3. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

Well they wanted to add useful content but that is hard, so instead lets add useless shit that is easy to put in so it looks like we are progressing forward.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  4. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

Well let's think about a couple things. If we were going to remove specializations and rely solely on the equipment you wore to determine the style you played, it would make perfect sense to add bonuses to robes, leather, and metal armors. However the players have spoken and we are now getting a revert on that so we have all the specializations back and armor only affects encumbrance (and the things enc affects). Now if we add bonuses to robes we're throwing a layer on top of one play style that doesn't match the layers for other styles. Like Sero said, it's convoluted.

We have specializations, we should be creating new specializations rather than trying to create something new for the sake of making something new that effectively does the same thing. It's pointless.

So why robes then? Why add new ones? Because it's something fresh. Cosmetically it's a chance for people to play a mage how they perceive a mage to be. If they are truly viable, meaning they deal more magic damage than a mixed set, but have poorer melee protection; glass cannon, then that alone should be enough to create a whole new type of player. Throw in specializations for things like healers, buffers, necromancers, fire mages, whatever then you have these robes to extend the potency of those specs or a mixed set to create something different still.

Adding in robes that are effective to use, but in the same design pattern as other armors (no BS bonuses) adds to the game.

Oresmacker likes this.
  5. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

+1

Also can we buff the trade route to have a chance at dropping better stuff that is worth while. For example the new material for the new gear.

Billy Lee likes this.
  6. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

It actually does drop that stuff now :) The loot is pretty good but it's more of a chill alternative to farming than a super high gold per hour kinda deal.

Oresmacker likes this.
  7. Oresmacker

Supporter

Good cause my play time- if I can play will be in the mornings. Is the time still super long?

Billy Lee likes this.
  8. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

So basically just more of what they've been doing since May 2017?

My dog chases it's tail less than BPG

9. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Fangwall takes about 40 minutes on a bluetail if you take a semi-safe route, the other one is about 50 minutes I'd say. It's pretty much opening the resource containers, you can get some lower end stuff but also have a chance at some great stuff too, I usually get a pretty nice haul.

10. Oresmacker

Supporter

I see, I mean are the cooldown timers really long still?

Billy Lee likes this.
  11. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

I have no idea, I think they should be much shorter. I was really in the mood to run a bunch a while ago and kept logging in when the timer was far off. Should be something like four hours instead of twelve.

Oresmacker likes this.
  12. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

I just did one of these and I got a decent haul, Grimtide my partner got 7 container full of food...
    Way to random for risk. Was the first route I've done in months and we lost 3 people.
    Plus I'm not 100% On this but there is no gold reward anymore? It was an easy trip but I have no desire to do one again knowing I can spend 10k and an hour or time for a good chance of only getting fish.

Billy Lee and Oresmacker like this.
  13. Oresmacker

Supporter

Should definitely be a bare minimum of making a little more than what you are putting into it+ time and risk.

14. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

trade route is average at best, horrible most of the time, and sometimes you crash and dont get shit.

Fengor likes this.
  15. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

I believe the fish are not linked to the rare materials, so when you get them it's not quite as bad as it seems. There is no gold, that's right. If you keep an eye out you have a good chance to find some selentine nodes or chaos chests, I usually get at least one during the trip. Have you guys considered pooling and then splitting the loot? I find that's a really good way to ensure that everyone gets a more fair haul, I used to do that when farming too.

16. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

I ended up getting about 8 rare mats. Would not have been worth it.
    Check points would be a good fix. Depending how far you go will determine how good it could be.
    Why not make villages check points? Could even make it so certain checkpoints will drop different stuff. Gotta think of how toxic it is to do it and getting junk you won't use.

Billy Lee likes this.
  17. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Villages are tricky because they could actually be live. I do like the idea of the reward increasing depending on how far you go, it would be awesome to be able to do a ten minute trip if you're short on time. As for rares, I can't recall how many I've gotten but I wanna say at least sixteen on my best trip, since the revamp I probably did about eight trade routes.

18. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

casting speed instead of magnitude, let me be a machine gun

Fengor likes this.
  19. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Cast time is capped, you wont be able to cast faster than a blackbolt at 0 encumbrance; however, you can use the specialized staves at max cast speed if this was added!

Fengor likes this.
  20. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

This plus some extra mana regen on robes. Are Corpsecallers still magnitude capped well below what a Q5 mag enchant gives them? If so remove that limit already

Then give leather some + ARCHERY attack speed and a little bit of stam regen

Later add new higher tier more expensive bone armors with slightly higher protections and the mana regen of robes and the stam regen of equivalent tier leather.

Metal doesn't need shit for a secondary effect, but if you really want to do one... health regen

All of these secondary effects should scale based on gear tier or maybe even only be present in the higher tiers (which SHOULD cost more for the extra power reward)

If TTK is a problem after the +casting speed and + archery speed you can just buff armor protections across the board... you're already messing with them anyway.

THAT would make the new armors BPG spent time on actually interesting and worth using, I'd come back for that.