Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Siege Discussion

Discussion in 'Design Discussions' started by kilrain, May 30, 2019.

1. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

There would be no gear sink dumbass
    --- Post updated ---
    No, i'm not thinking about myself at all. I barely even loot after fights.
    --- Post updated ---
    Actually, I learned the fastest by getting stomped.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Gear doesn't go away from people dying to players except when a player kills another player, then proceed to not loot all of it and the other player does not go back to their own grave to get what loot the killer didn't take. With good gear that would almost never happen. People would more inclined to be farming in good gear so if anything there would be a bigger gear sink for better gear.

Also done talking to you since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Whens the last time you played darkfall?

Sero likes this.
  4. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

First point: re.

This is just an other thing about combat in the end, not solely a gear issue.

Having to constantly farm dragons and infernal again is the tedious part. In DFO, FP's were good enough, but not anymore. The whole change in combat and armour protection made it be clear that most ppl need to be geared to have a good chance to win. It shouldn't be like that. As we lose, we end up wearing FP's while everyone on the opposite side is in dragon/infernal(lots of destroyers too, lots of fake destroyers).

Field aoe's is not effective at all against destroyers. Field aoe's share a global cooldown with wof.

With that being said, we should be able to pile-up on q3's and FP's to win regardless. That should be the development goal.

Basically, old combat.

Second point: re.

That will only promote elitist clans even more. In DFO, you honestly don't really lose unless you die. It looks like you want to make it look possible for everyone to lose regardless of their escaping skill. I would act as if i was inactive if i knew i was losing if we had to resort to such system.

third point: re

I like that. I made a suggestion about this in fact.

Next points:

On the new cost for sieges, i disliked how expensive it was due to bags costing more than everything already. If you want the whole clan to donate for siege funds, instead, it should require clan-points that we can all acquire together. clan points could also prevent alt or inactive clans to drop sieges. That would organically regulate a lot of things.

#144 Scrapnotcrap, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Dim Mok likes this.
  5. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

In that way of looking at it yes you're right...noobs should not be wearing good gear and all that stuff, and I agree I hope they never remove full loot. All I said it was a good idea. But come on Scrubby, you know probably better then anyone. Wait for noob to get low on health, jump in and kill him 2 swings, and take all his shit. There is such a huge gap between legit new players and anyone that has played df and ways to protect these people are not bad ideas.

6. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

Fix the problem by creating things like hell gates and higher end places that vets have to farm constantly. So sick of seing robed vets at noob spawns and camping shit like guardians lol. This game is literally so dog when it comes to content its laughable. Might aswell make this game instance only full loot PvP and no loot anywhere else. Weve seen that vets are going to robe up and zerg regardless of what they have in the bank.

JEDIMind, Fengor and Slayven like this.
  7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

If the islands hold all the top tier materials where it's lawless and requires being at risk to farm there then what's the harm in allowing players to farm in lawful somewhat safe on the lawful parts of mainland? Not free from being attacked, or free from losing the goods they've farmed, but free from losing everything they left home with?

8. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I dont think thats a problem, as long as they arent farming 120 pots under safety imo.

You guys should seriously look into hellgates though man. They would legit be godsend for this game.

9. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

That would obviously kill the game. Who would play the game when you can't go ganking noobs for their shit gear and shit items? No other game has succeeded with specific PVP zones. Runescape as a game failed.

10. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

So you actually think any mmo purist is going to touch this game lol, almost every change you guys have made has been to appeal to a market demographic that wouldnt touch this game with a 500ft pole.

There is an mmo fps shooter niche and that is who you should be trying to catch, not people who play mmorpg s like wow. Darkfall is literally so shallow it hurts. Make this game arena already.

11. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Adding an arena couldn't hurt, but are you suggesting to turn the whole thing into just an arena?

I agree with your general point that trying to appeal to the general mmo crowd with PvE is never going to work, the focus should be on the PvP side of the game as that is the only thing darkfall does that is good.

12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

People say this but its not entirely true. The PVE experience in Darkfall is unique, it just lacks substance. Look at tasks, how many of us have gone through the lengths to accomplish such simple and tedious feats because it's something to do?

I think quests, dungeons, bosses all have a place in this game. It's just not guna be your standard run of the mill MMORPG raid encounter.

#152 Sero, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  13. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

The PVE in this game is unique in the fact that it's the most tedious, mind numbing and boring crap to do from the minute you log in to two years later when you need to farm "end game" mats. There are very few monsters in this game that have been given ANY attention whatsoever and given neat abilities, for example the Seidbounds.

People need to just wake up and smell the coffee when it comes to Darkfall. The ONLY thing it has going for it right now is the fun PvP and siege warfare. It's imperative that the devs STOP working on pvp crap and start adding fluff, start adding dynamic dungeons, start adding more dynamic encounters, and update some of the monsters that already exist, like the champion spawns. Those are literally reskinned /renamed monsters that do the exact same things as their weaker counterparts except they hit for 100.

Dim Mok and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

ROA is lacking both in PVP and PVE. It's bad on both ends ATM. It's mainly the rewards that is bad, not really the lack of content or it's just plain tedious.

VCP's, trade routes, sea towers are lacking in rewards. Sieges are tedious. You wait, must log and defend as early as possible(never when it's live). You do free assets on holdings that have no defenders. If you miss the main fight, it's pretty much over.
    So on PVP, i wish for better rewards and more timed event(time to asset, time to defend...).
    They used to call DF UW timefall. Imo, nothing wrong about that.

PVE has questlines, titles. With updated quests, i would be willing to complete all of them. With titles scaled with the current pve(big spawn reduced, scaling +1 only), i'm sure more ppl would be willing to do more. I think we need spawns that are worth zerging where you loot what ever you kill. As of now, you just pm a teamate to ask him when he is done.

PVP should never be the only focus. most important thing is to have a linear playing-field. Currently, it's not really that when you gap from q3 FP bags to q5 infernal/dragon bags. I mean, it's so much worse than it was in beta.

MaxiHori and Dim Mok like this.
  15. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

I would love to see the stats on how many people have done the tasks. Total tasks done, averages, etc. From looking at the rewards of the tasks, and looking at how there is 0 market for the titles from doing the tasks, my guess is the amount of people that have done many of the tasks is extremely low.

Your opinion seems to be the pve is crap so they should focus on working on that. I completely disagree. The pve is so terrible in this game, that the amount of man hours required to make it good is just not feasible. In a perfect world we could put 10 developers on the task who are working full time for a few years and get something awesome. In reality, we have a few people working part time. I think you are severely underestimating how much time it would take to make pve actually fun.

While pvp is awesome when it happens, the main issue is how infrequent fun and fair fights happen. So many times pvp fights are decided as soon as they happen and are not close. Or even more often, absolutely nothing is happening in the world and shit is just boring. The focus needs to be on making fun and fair pvp fights happening as often as possible.

16. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

Why all that shit? Because some stupid Kids make stupid things.

17. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

This is a full loot skill based PVP game. The only way anyone will EVER get a FAIR fight in Darkfall is if they add a queuing arena with an ELO system so that bad players will eventually fight bad players and good players will fight good players. To pretend otherwise is nuts. Focus on stuff that will invite MORE players to play the game and give the sheep a reason to stay even when they get killed over and over, otherwise you'll ALWAYS end up with a few hundred concurrent players. It's really that simple.

18. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

I like the pve in RoA. Players can actually die without being one-shotted by some lame boss gimmick and there is more going on than just standing in front of monsters with no skill requirement. In most mmos, if you're not fighting a boss you have no chance of dying unless you really don't understand the game. Also, I just like fighting, not figuring out puzzles or watching videos on youtube that teach you the gimmick, which is what usually happens in other games, seems pointless to me.

Battle Smurf and Fengor like this.
  19. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

I didn't really wanna push this discussion this direction, but I have to bite. What do you think is remotely interesting about the PVE in RoA? I know someone that literally solo's the Fire Dragons every day. Almost every monster in the game can be solo'd by a brand new player that can strafe left and right whenever a mob is about to shoot. It's VERY basic stuff.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  20. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Finally they admit it.

Fuck off, Darkfall is a Sandbox PvP MMORPG with medieval fantasy/ magic FPS combat

If I wanted a mindless pointless Arena FPS game I'd go play 1 of the dozens that do it better and have millions of players and tons of competition in the genre.

Darkfall would never survive in that target audience especially with games like Spell Break coming.

Darkfall was supposed to and should target EvE, Albion, Rust, UO, Shadowbane, and DAOC type players who like Sanbox PvP games but wanted better combat.

You take the best of EvE and Albion mechanics throw in voice comms + race wars+ the physics based FPS combat, game engine, and world of Darkfall and THAT'S the golden profitable niche.