Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Sieges and stuff

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Phorr, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Phorr

Phorr Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Anyone wanna post a rundown of what has been going on with sieges and politics? I like the theory behind sieges not appearing in system globally but it's hard to keep track of defenses and holding captures. Or do we have a political map somewhere now?

2. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

People don't want to post before a siege happens because if they do it gets swarmed. The best sieges so far have been the ones kept low-key so the fights are more even.

Once a siege is over unless the victor is a sore-winner then you won't see threads. Most sieges haven't been a heated feud either so there isn't much vitriol on either side.

Hence the lack of siege threads.

That said - Kudos to Blackwater for our recent siege, ton of fun and at a reasonable time for both parties.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kalos, Fawley and Phorr like this.
  3. Phorr

Phorr Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Right, I understand not posting beforehand. But honestly I expect the winners of a siege to brag about it or post a siege video at the least, this is Darkfall after all. Massive egos are a dime a dozen in this community

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  4. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

All dependent on the victors. So far it seems the winners haven't been sore-winners, atleast not on the forums. The losers generally don't post unless they get blobbed out of their minds, and even then most still don't make posts when they lose.

Also if you start picking fights on the forums following sieges when you lose you open yourself up to subsequent sieges out of spite. I don't think the server alliances and siege pacts are fleshed out enough yet for people to want to start protracted wars. Never know who will show up against you right now.

Fawley and Phorr like this.
  5. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Nobody wants to announce their seiges unless they know for a fact that they will lose because then they are hoping that somehow scroachers are going to throw a wild card into the fray and prevent the loss. The less scroachers at a seige the better IMO. Especially friendly scroachers that pretend they aren't just hopping in with the zerg. Fuck that shit.

Kylock Linoge and Kalos like this.
  6. Phorr

Phorr Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Right I want to hear reports about how the sieges that already happened went. So we can get some discussion in the clan discussion section

7. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

In the west, blackwater continues to fragment as it tries to find a home in niffleheim, but has been repelled by KT's Server armor and Wolfie Downs sheer willpower.
    Meanwhile the Gentlemen fend off a visious server war with some timely reinforcements at Vellenyth and in a show of good faith offers the attackers refuge within the capital of Darkmoore along with protection of their nearby hamlet.

In the north ironwrath continues battle with an infamous old king, who is rumoured to be Sendog Sin.

Meanwhile in the east LoW attempts to push a foothold into the motherland (Yssam) but is thrawted by Soviet scorched earth tactics lead by none other than King Noobstriker and his merry men.
    A little to the south the Covert ops/incognito alliance has holed up in mehatil following a crushing defeat at the hands of bloodline.

In the south west dune rats continues the takeover of their island and achieves total control over their island through the capture of silmyat.

In the south east continent cairn is continually plagued by the Simiran alliance formed inside of the chaos city. While the alliance sisnt as official as any of the past ones, you would need to pay tribute to the warbands if you wished to launch an attack from the City.
    At Calfadar a Coupe or perhaps a simple bent knee has changed the coat of arms from legio XII to Sinister as King Sendog has taken his reign once again atop the cliffs of Calfadar.

Let me know if I missed anything major. Trying to not feed of to much information around the globe but give a minor historical update of the first month.

JEDIMind, Schnid, wolfgang and 12 others like this.
  8. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Wolfed Down sieged Mana Missile Militia a couple weeks ago at Sunstone and MMM brought in a bunch of clans resulting in a 20v50-60+ where Wolfed Down obviously lost.

Yesterday Black Water seiged Wolfed Down at Mamengruk in a 20(WD) vs 40(BW). WD and BW both lost a bunch on the initial boat attack then later pulled in random's living in Whiteview to try and defend their seigestone on top of their current clan/alliance members and got wiped again which ended up in them losing the stone and seige.

Kalos and Phorr like this.
  9. skreww L00se

skreww L00se Undead Dwarf
    Legend

I have a very hard time believing that WD only fielded 20 for a defensive siege. They had 20 when I brought a PvP raid to their city...
    --- Post updated ---
    Ironwrath captured a mine from Absolution at Unelak

Bladra likes this.
  10. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

There was only 12 of us at that time. Sorry about the darkfall math but it's easier for us to count when we had the party up. You guys just failed to bait us and lots of you begoned into us.

Kalos likes this.
  11. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

We had 23 for the mamengruk defence.

12. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

Who did blackwater pull from whiteview for the mamengruk siege? I live there and didnt hear anyone trying to recruit any of us for a siege. Ive somehow sorta become the main mediator of conflict in there so im interested in whos politiking it up

My buddy and I swung by to try and steal some loot bags like the scroachers we chaos city sluts are, but we didnt fight anyone. The siege was over basically and wolfies were finishing the stone as we rolled up, so we booked it before we could get zergled.

13. skreww L00se

Legend

I was referring to the frostbourne raid I streamed, not the trade route fight.

14. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Yes. I was talking about that too. Wolfed Down barely had 20 active players at that time let alone all 20 logged in at once. I know it's easy to blame, "Got zerged", but it really wasn't much of a zerging case there.

15. skreww L00se

Legend

k

16. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Its only a zerg if you have more, if they have more they will remember you having more anyway and still zerging, you cant beat egotistical self interest with reason, since neither their ego nor their self interest will accept reason contrary to their best interest.

Bullies only speak force, so you need to make some allies/friends and hit back with a bigger zerg than their zerg.

17. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

I wasn't there as I'm on vacation but from Kalos's video, it look like BW didn't call in help and it was just scroschers which I'd assume just killed people who got low from both sides. But that's based on the video as I wasn't there.

18. skreww L00se

Legend

If you review my original statement I never used the word zerg. I did not even necessarily say that they had more than we did in that fight. I stated that they had more than 20 when we raided them on stream.

Edit: here you go:

Mycke likes this.
  19. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I know you didnt use the word, but hes telling you 12 and your 'k' is a disregard, so it sounds like you lost sand your 20 is you telling yourself you got zerged and not interested in hearing the actual number.

DF math is what it is, but you are the one who posted to imply BS on their numbers and the least you could do is acknowledge real numbers or you are doing this

20. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

We had 12 when you raided on stream and I think you had 9 or 10.