Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Skinning Fix (PLEASE)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Count Morris, May 8, 2017.

1. Count Morris

Count Morris Goblin Warlord

Hey guys,

I know we had a couple forum posts about this in beta, but we REALLY need to fix the skinning system so that it shows you what graves you have skinned all ready. Having 25+ graves around and not knowing which ones you skinned or not is extremely frustrating.

I believe we had some suggestions like using different colors and/or animations on graves that have been skinned. Normally there is a yellow ring around a grave, so maybe if once you skin the grave it turns red or some other color to indicate that it has been skinned all ready.

The devs said they were down for this idea, but sadly hasn't happened yet. I was watching streams of people like Aethos19 yesterday and we were all talking about this again, so I figured I'd make another forum post about it.

Anthrax, Fawley, Owyn Magnus and 6 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

this is only really a problem for lower lvl mobs ( golbins/trolls/kobalds) and when there is a large group of people doing their feats. it's really not that big of a problem when u move out of a newbie mob spawn.

3. Count Morris

actually it is a big problem. The majority of your grind will be siting at mob spawns knee deep in 25+ graves, no matter if your killing trolls, goblins, kobolds or whatever. It is a nuisance.

4. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

not really you only need to do 160 goblins/trolls/kobolds and you can pretty much never have to farm them again. their loot isn't worth farming them either are the skins. i did my vit title quest (+6) and didn't have a problem with keeping up.

you start farming carin giants/oak lords/minos and this kind of stuff wont be a problem.

5. Coops07

Coops07 Goblin Scout
    Tester

I agree with OP.

Is this really a tough fix? Literally all we need is just change the shade of graves that have been skinned, you don't even have to change the colour.

Just make one darker than the other, done.

Count Morris likes this.
  6. Count Morris

Sorry , but no matter how you look at it there will be graves all over the place. It's an extremely simple fix and would be a huge QOL change. You will be killing thousands of mobs in game throughout your grind journey so idc if you only kill 200 goblins and then move on, you'll still be killing other mobs afterwards.

7. Supafro

Supafro Undead Dwarf
    Hero

well if we are for real talking about this than I want something along these lines:

when a mob dies, it glows yellow until looted and then just shows a tombstone
    when skinned the tombstone changes to a cracked tombstone and can been seen if looted or not looted.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    KingLlama and Count Morris like this.
  8. Count Morris

Cool idea but it doesn't even need to be that complicated. A simple color change would suffice, but subtle things like that are pretty cool.

9. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

you must be new around here. only time u kill low lvl mobs like that is for shitty quest/ get a lil bit of a meele gain then you never farm them again.
    Once you start farming real mobs that are worth a damn you can keep up.

10. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

while i agree that this would be a nice feature to have i dont think it should take any priority at all atm. once the server is running stable and the server side lag has been adressed we can start thinking about QoL improvements.

11. Cool hwip

Cool hwip Deadeye
    Hero

Your forgetting a big spawn of medium lvl mobs can be extremely profitable even late game.

Count Morris and KingLlama like this.
  12. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

It would be nice but not high priority. Just full loot/skin everything if you can't figure it out.

Count Morris likes this.
  13. Count Morris

This is a super simple fix that would take no time at all to fix.
    --- Post updated ---

Exactly.. These vets over here think they won't be killing thousand of mobs, whether it be noob mobs, mid level or high level. THERE WILL BE THOUSANDS OF GRAVES AROUND. JUST FIX THE COLOR THAT IS ALL. Super Simple.
    --- Post updated ---
    Horrible advice. Not everyone wants to fully loot graves especially if its noob gear from noob mobs. Just fix the color of graves after skinning. People it's super simple and it's not like it would take the devs 2 years to implement this. Should be a 2-4 hour fix if that ( of course that's just a guess)

14. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

Make it so that skinned mobs lose the golden swirl below their tombs.

Count Morris and KingLlama like this.
  15. Emil

Emil Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I definitely agree that this would be an amazing QoL fix but it's hard to estimate the work needed unless you know the code. As an example guess: right now, there may not even be any triggers on the graves after they get skinned, only when another player tries to skin it does it look at if it's been skinned. Now, if you want it to turn the grave gray after getting skinned, the check has to be done on every single grave after a skin instead of only being done on graves that are skinned a second time.

Of course, this is purely hypothetical but it's important to remember that any little change to this stuff could actually be a very high amount of cost/risk.

Count Morris likes this.
  16. Count Morris

That works too! It doesn't matter if they choose to change the color of the ring, or to just get rid of the ring after looting. Either indicator would be super helpful.
    --- Post updated ---

Solid Point.

17. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

you are both failing to realize that with higher lvl tears you wont be able to frenzy them as easily as a low lvl tier and therefore wont have that problem.

18. Count Morris

You are failing to realize that you will come across thousands of graves in game.

19. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

i have no problem clearing a grave and skinning it, so i dont get what/why you think mid- high end mobs you wont have time to clear the mob's and then loot/skin

20. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

How about make corpses decay after 60 seconds when skinned whether they're dry looted or not?
    --- Post updated ---
    it's not about time - it's inconvenient to have to loot trash and throw it away

Count Morris likes this.