Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Slower Staff Ideas

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Triple OG, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Triple OG

Triple OG Goblin Scout

One idea I got is you could scale abilities to tie into staff speed because fast staff is still best staff.

For instance say a spell has 5 periodic ticks of damage over x seconds normally.

A blackbolt could do 3 periodic ticks while a darkscepter could do 5 ticks.

Or how about duration increases of effects such as eye rot, WoF duration, or confusion blind. Its just an example of course but you get the general idea. Also I think the different types of staves need to be buffed. A spellchanting staff should really really help out in buff duration or sacrifice effectiveness.

Korag likes this.
  2. RoD

RoD Crypt Guard
    Wealthy Legend

For me the solution is,
    first utility spells shoud have same casting speed no matters the staff speed,
    second you should can go to 12 encumbrance to dont get speed penality same as the cobra.

Billy Lee likes this.
  3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Celestial
    Lifetime

Making utility spells cast at the same speed across all staffs is a very interesting idea. I think we should definitely consider that.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Raap

Raap Crypt Guard

You can always explore other desirable traits to be added to slow staves, such as projectile velocity or explosion radius.

Making utility spells have a baseline casting speed isn't by itself going to cause a mentality shift, as you'd still be slow casting other vital spells such as transfers, buff-others, heal-others, etc.

You'd also end up buffing full-heavy mobility as well by making baseline changes.

Korag likes this.