Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Small scale PvP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoodDoggie, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Air drop scenarios would be fucking awesome. So would mega chests on timers (similar to villages).

Thing is, They STILL won't be small scale. Open world = zerg. It will always = zerg. Especially with runebooks letting everyone port to everywhere within a matter of 2 minutes. Only highlighted these issues a million times.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Slayven, Fengor and MikerotchBAGFACE like this.
  2. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Goblin Shaman
    Loyal Hero

Diminishing returns on village loot for parties over 5 would be nice to help the economy not getting inflated, but unfortunately I don’t think it will solve the 15 man groups hitting villages.

honestly, with our current population I would be fine with all three active villages being able to be ported to.Previously, the population was low and we changed the way billboards work to accommodate it.

3. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

billboard village = large scale .. the other i always get small scale

stop crying and fight

4. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

15-30+ man groups :p
    --- Post updated ---
    gotta run dupefiance out of their gear stocks from their escapades and get them back to farm mode. Maybe then we'll start seeing some more small scale.

MikerotchBAGFACE likes this.
  5. nightblighter

nightblighter Undead Dwarf
    Patron

Hell. Gates.

Sero likes this.
  6. GoodDoggie

GoodDoggie Ghost

To all the delusional retards consider this:

Population is still far lower than dfo pretty much ever had, yet dfo had small scale pvp to the very end.

the disappearance of small scale has NOTHING to do with population and everything to do with braindead changes made by Small picture games.

Ikaika Koa, Scrapnotcrap and Myater like this.
  7. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Those would be fucking AWESOME for this game.
    --- Post updated ---
    How about instead of limiting and taking away shit, we come up with a NEW idea, like a NEW piece of CONTENT that encourages/enforces small scale.

Only 1 village is portable, and if that wasn't the case, people would just zerg whichever village they were near, or able to get to. Zergs aren't going anywhere in open world.

Village loot could use a PROPER BALANCING though. It's like there's no inbetween with their loot table changes.

#27 Sero, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  8. Crunchy

Crunchy Deadeye

Uhhh small scale was everywhere early on bro?? Even thru NA launch. Shit was poppin

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  9. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

When? when people needed to grind their characters and were actually at mob spawns?

Crunchy likes this.
  10. Crunchy

Crunchy Deadeye

Yeah that probably had a lot to do with it. People were out farming and shit too.

I do realize the game has changed a lot. I haven’t played in a long time, not by choice. So I don’t exactly know what I’m talking about with the current state of affairs.

I feel it though small scale and outnumbered fighting was the best.

11. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Small scale and outnumbered fighting are extremely rare for a number of reasons.

For 1, no grind + a lower skill ceiling has players making a greater impact then ever before. Coupled with bunnyhop nerfs, Outnumbered fighting is A LOT harder in RoA than in DFO.

Small scale exists, it's a little rare, but it equates to: Kill your opponents in 5 minutes or get zerged. Which was for the most part, the same deal in DFO. As soon as you saw people you were typically calling in help, the only diffference here is rune books making it a lot easier to respond.

Sique likes this.
  12. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I’m realizing how behind I am..crap??

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  13. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

in one month from........." Game is dead nobody to fight, you have to do more to get people to play"

People come to play in large numbers..." this is dumb, so many people PLAYING the game that I cannot go solo villages or 3 man take villages anymore"

Literally gone from bitching about pop (low) to bitching about pop (high) too much pvp.
    It is like some of you kids actually want the game to be on life support.

14. KapteeniKoukku

KapteeniKoukku Windlord
    Streamer

+1

15. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight

What's a hell gate?

16. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

Gold decay on vcps is mandatory

17. Animal

Animal Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Instanced PvE with a preset number of participants allowed for each group that enters(Id est - Two groups may enter and each group is limited to 5 players).

So... say a group kills some monster at some location and a hell gate spawns. If another group comes across that hell gate, then they can enter and try to kill the players that initially entered.

onslaught likes this.
  18. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Spellgazer

The big group fights and lack of small scale is more caused by a lot of clans teaming up and only having two big alliances then it is by just having a big population.

19. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight

Thanks, that would be pretty neat in Darkfall.

20. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Winterbound

As someone that has always preferred small scale, I would like to make two points.

1. Dungeons have historically been the ultimate small-scale opportunities, but now that pvp is mostly found at villages and sieges, people are seldom hunting farmers. The amount of pvp I get while farming is infinitely lower than it once was. I am hopeful that roaming for pvp will be incentivized in the future because my playstyle has mostly been to farm good spots and defend against roamers, but these days I mostly just collect free loot. This is both a blessing and a curse imo and the paranoia I used to feel while farming was overall more fun. I do believe that when key materials are regionalized, as was announced, the small-scale situation will be improved but certainly not perfect.

2. It might be prudent to set up certain villages for small groups. Perhaps Vakrah has enough loot for 15 players but Lainstone only has enough for 5, and Neithstone Reach has only enough loot for 2 players. Sure, you can still bring extra people to zerg/grief but it is likely a better setup overall.