Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Solo Player Mentoring with TLDR

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Tricks' started by TryHard, Jun 20, 2017.

1. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Disclaimer: I am basically done with my character progression(Only need a few spells) and feel that I can safely answer almost all new player questions about Rise of Agon and I am thinking about mentoring a few new players who might want to learn what this game has to offer the solo player.

My experience

- I have played solo 95% of my gameplay since launch and have not received any help. I was in 2 clans for a very short time(Less then 5 days) and did not like the way things were going so went back to playing solo. Max gold I had at one time was 170k and I can currently make 50k a day profit easy with little to no risk and I am willing to take new players with me.

Question answering

- I am willing to answer new player questions when I am in game, if you are new and need some simple help and do not wish to reach out to a large clan for answers feel free to message me! If I am online I will gladly answer any of your Rise of Agon questions without bias. My in game name is: Try Hard

How I play
    - I make my own rules in this game. I decide when to kill gank or resurrect somebody, I try my best to play "in the moment". Why do I play solo? There is currently no clan in the game I do no steal from and attack / city raid. By being unclanned I am not limited and can attack any player city in the game, I get alot of rare ores when cities are not being protected and get good PvP when they are, its a win win.

I never gank new players. If it is obvious someone is a new player I will never gank them or kill them, I buff heal and help many newbies in the starter Human areas of the game. The first week I was basically mentoring 3 new players but they eventually stopped playing due to many different reasons. I feel I could have been more helpful to these players and wish to go the extra mile to help new players get a grasp of this game and what it has to offer: Freedom, immersive gameplay and PvP like no other game on the market.

Maybe mentoring
    - If any new players actually want to take the time to learn this game and show interest I may be willing to actually take 2 or 3 new players under my wing for a week of gameplay so they can see what it is like to truly be rogue. I am by no means a PvP god or above average in PvP so I can easily teach you the basics but to go beyond that you will need to train with a PvP clan.

TLDR TLDR TLDR TLDR
    TLDR TLDR TLDR TLDR

If you are a new player you can message me in game with any questions you have about the game if you wish to avoid getting involved with a clan. My in game name is: Try Hard

#1 TryHard, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Wes Furtive likes this.
  2. Reptar

Reptar Fire Elemental
    Legend

Edgy.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Swing and TryHard like this.
  3. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

Jesus Approves

TryHard likes this.
  4. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

MOOOOOODS move this to recruiting forum pls

TryHard likes this.
  5. TryHard

Legend

BUMP

Update: Quite a few players have reached out to me for mentoring / help / and also solo grinding tips. I found that the most asked questions were about Magic Grind. I also noticed I did not have much to offer new players except for advice and the occasional farming run together, so I decided to make a small clan with the purpose of teaching new players how to be self sufficient.

Clan Try Hard will be answering all new player questions (when I am online) just message: Try Hard

I am also currently allied to 2 smaller new player clans and I am working with their players daily to teach them tips and help them avoid pitfalls, I am also in talks with Justiful Justiful about possibly just merging into his clan DFU since he has quite a few players in need of mentors.

Edit: I have successfully allied Darkfall University and given them access to my hamlet.

#5 TryHard, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Wes Furtive likes this.
  6. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Didn't you streamsnipe miramira multiple times knowing that he's a noob?

7. sky

sky Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

to be fair, miramira also has a bad habit of going out of his way to cause trouble in chaos cities and it was likely as a result of that.

guys already done his fair share of tradeganks too, which is why he gets bindcamped and streamsniped everywhere he goes.

8. Izure

Izure Goblin Scout

I like this guy

TryHard likes this.
  9. TryHard

Legend

I had to show ignored posts to see this, luckily for you someone else replied to your post.

I did stream snipe MiraMira(Once) after he called me the N word and banned me from his twitch chat. What you may not know is the next day he was streaming I healed and protected him from other gankers and even offered him gold.

10. ijharb

ijharb Infernal
    Supporter

noobs leading noobs. That usually works out great.

Korag likes this.
  11. saouled

saouled Goblin Shaman

that was patronizing af

12. TryHard

Legend

I played DF1 and am more then equipped to teach new players the basics and mid tier level of the game with confidence.

Thanks for the bump.

13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I do the same thing, although my character still has a long ways to go.
    My guild was formed with this idea in mind and I spend a great deal of my time trying to show/tell people ways to play the game and places to go to do it, making extra bags for people etc.. I support this and also welcome anyone new weather they join my clan or not to ask any questions in game. Trinity Dungchoppa or on these forums.

TryHard likes this.
  14. MrsCrazyCatLady

MrsCrazyCatLady Goblin Warrior

Hmmmm I wonder what ever happened to Mr Try Hard, he was so good for the game :sunglasses:

15. The Red King

The Red King Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

I heard he found pussy......................................................................................................................................................................................cats

MrsCrazyCatLady likes this.
  16. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy

MrsCrazyCatLady and The Red King like this.