Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Some happy memories

Discussion in 'Memory Lane' started by Ginger Magician, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Ginger Magician

Ginger Magician Wildtribe Mage

I was never banned from POTBS either on forums or in game.I was the most famous player of that game during the time I played it even moving from one server to another and gaining even more noteriety.When you become the most famous player of mutiple mmos maybe you can talk./

Kwatos and Nat like this.
  2. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Yes Ginger is back! My favourite troll. Will you be playing Rise of Agon at launch and become the most famous player here too?

3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

u really bumped this??? fuck.

4. Ginger Magician

Ginger Magician Wildtribe Mage

I really dont know to be honest.I havent played the beta and to my knowledge there have been no combat improvements to the original darkfall not in any way to balance melee and magic anyway.
    Judging from the lack of hype for launch and small number of users here I feel Darkfall's time may have come and gone.Games are so casual nowadays Darkfall is really a product of another era.In any event I wish the game well and hope it suceeds second time around.

Kwatos, Trillog6, Nat and 1 other person like this.
  5. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

I agree in the sense that it is still a game from a different era. People that are accustomed to newer games are going to have a hard time going "back in time" to Darkfall and enjoying it, almost everything in the game eats your time.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kwatos likes this.
  6. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal
    Loyal Streamer Contributor Legend

Well, Darkfall can eat away all it wants like its a fat kid in a buffet line. I have yet to find a game that can hold my attention like Darkfall can.

Kilset likes this.
  7. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

That's cool. But for Darkfall to have any success it has to have a bigger playerbase than it does right now. Acquiring a bigger playerbase requires players to stop playing the games they are accustomed to and come over to Darkfall which is most likely more tedious and time consuming for basic things, this can definitely get annoying and old quickly, it does for me anyway, this is all while losing everything on death.

It's possible they can have success but they still have some more changes and adjustments that need to be made to the game, IMO.

Kwatos and Nat like this.
  8. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

If we want to survive and thrive, we need to look through the eyes of the casuals and the mass gamers then address their concerns without compromising Darkfall.

Kwatos and onslaught like this.
  9. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Bingo.

Kwatos likes this.
  10. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal
    Loyal Streamer Contributor Legend

I agree that the success of Darkfall is mainly based off the player base. The question I have for you is are you basing your opinion on the player base on Beta's current active player base or what you feel will be the player base at launch?

Early Beta the game was pretty active and I know a lot of players who didn't even play in Beta that are playing at launch. Even these last 2-3 weeks since I came back to the game have I seen quite a bit of new players checking out the game for the first time. I spend majority of my time in game answering questions, linking useful info sites and trying to help anyway that I can so that come launch they invite all of their friends and friends friends and friends friends friends of friends that know friends.

11. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

I think Early Beta had some players that have since switched to DnD, and even that population with those players isn't sustainable imo (this is without knowing the operating costs and future salaries, maybe it is?).

The population of Darkfall will be a lot better once one of the games bows out, which is inevitable.

12. Trillog6

Trillog6 Skeleton Archer

try new dawn

13. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Well I get you were famous in a way, you were well known as a joke of a player who could only kill new players.