Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Some insights from a new-player - feedback.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toninu30, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Toninu30

Toninu30 New Member

I would like to thank and praise BFG for the improvements made to the game. I remember playing this game way back in time, and I must say that in my opinion the improvements done are solid and well thought out.

First I thank you for removing skinning and adding the stuff in as loot!, making chaos chests actually rare and valuable!, your MASSIVE binding improvement!, the loot bag!, faster progression!, adding the market! and more that I expect to encounter :)

I will list the improvements I was delighted to find out and some possible room for improvements if you please.
    1. New players start all in one place. This helps a lot with the reassurance that new players do not feel alone. New player introduction needs some love however, like navigating the map and making it easier for new players to find quests givers, targets and deliver persons. I'm afraid the small blue/yellow markers are easy to miss. Maybe add a newbie area with basic stuff one can do to get accustomed to the keys, getting quests etc.
    2. Freemium/premium option is good and appealing, however I feel that you need to add in some type of middle ground like starter pack ($5) with some premium features and some fluff.
    3. One time upgrades for coins. I am aware of the one time upgrades to banks for coins for example, and you may perhaps want to expand on that. Some people might not like subscribing for a 10$ monthly fee recurring, buy would be glad to spend 20-25$ on one time upgrades for example. These could include separately obtainable QOL features like: a longer quest list, an upgrade of market orders (say like up to 50), adding a starting bag on your paperdoll where you can put in starter weapons and if bought the blessed tools to remove clutter, adding a reagent bag on paperdoll where you set the amounts of reagents+arrows that go inside and refill from bank with 1 click, upgrade of meditation cap points to 200k, and possibly more.
    4. Skins! - maybe expand on mount skins, more weapon skins etc
    5. Treasure boxes - especially selentine for newbies - should be clearly marked on the map imho.
    6. Looting - I do not know if you consider this an exploit, but I would find a 'loot all' button in mob graves a very attractive/convenient premium feature.
    Final note: I am aware of the many negative posts on forum fall. In a way it's like a distinct and historical trait maybe inherited from the old Tasos never-ending promises, but I do not think it's fair of the developers who clearly worked hard to get to this point. Lastly I would like to point out that new players should be able to access a good part of pve content without being forced into pve if they wish so. After all, another player is a possible future customer. On my part, I am finding the game interesting and fun to play again!

Thanks for reading.

lawlonslawt, Frog, Billy Lee and 2 others like this.