Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Spiral Peak and Jeradan Sieges

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by RootedOak, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

I'll buy it. 10k is my offer.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  2. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

So I was wrong. Either way 7pm est is just my time, that is 4pm pst and most of wolfed down is cst.

Saturday was a fair day and time. Doing a server up siege on a Tuesday is not nice.

That Rhenagar siege was just a goof around siege,but the defender tactics were weak. We didn't even keep one person behind to defend the stone. You guys were stormblasting your whole force up to the plateau to engage instead of forcing us to jump, etc.

All in all we didnt care about Rhenagar and still dont.
    --- Post updated ---
    Like I said earlier, we were just countering the server up siege. We have a portal that lands right between the 3 holdings you wanted to own next to the new selentine golem.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

It wasn't really a counter siege was it? It just a revenge siege on the same day (almost).

Counter siege is done ASAP, in order to force your attackers to split their forces, or have a defense to deal with, on top of their attack, to alleviate some pressure on yourself.

4. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Why we would drop a siege right away when we weren't able to attend the first siege due to the timing?

RootedOak likes this.
  5. Shivs

Shivs Crypt Guard

Anyway, hardly worth arguing about, 3 sieges at antisocial hours, the Spiral peak was almost as antisocial to us, as the majority of the guild was still travelling home when the clan stone went vulnerable, let alone the siege stone!

Where was the patch to push the timer along ?

15 of us stayed up and put up with 3 hours sleep before work to keep Kokane company, happy to donate my sleep and gear bags :-0

As Grim said, gf's, and if you want a decent siege, you know the time zones.

Vrain, Slayven and Grimtide like this.
  6. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

With the presentation of you/your posts here, I wouldn't have put you down for a representative of your alliance, or even someone in a leadership position.
    If you are serious about buying Spiral Peak back, PM me here or in-game.

Exactly. So I wouldn't call it a counter siege by name.

7. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I would, there's no official definition of these terms and, effectively, the siege on Jeradan left us in a superior position in Wolflands so I think it's fair to describe it as a counter to your siege.

RootedOak likes this.
  8. Harley Franklin

Legend

No i offer to sell it to you, as it is ours. If you dont want it we will sell it to someone else not hard to understand

9. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

I could definitely see why you'd think that. Jeradan is great to defend in sieges ... when you've got the required minimum number of peeps :/

But I have to say, I'm surprised by how much nicer it is to live in Spiral Peak. Your guys definitely should have tried it at least once.
    Given the travel time to exit the likes of Jeradan and Marithain, Spiral Peak is as fast, if not faster, when travelling to locations I'd visit from those holdings, granted anything west of Jeradan is where the timings start to go back in Jeradans favour

10. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

We lived there exclusively in beta. Claimed the holding as a bank for when we port from dayar.

When you have cairn, going elsewhere is just going to be less active and worse pve.

11. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

At least rhenagar, while maybe not a good time for EU at 1AM, was at a bad time for us at 5PM (our siege timer prime is around 9PM CST). Plus it was a weekend. Your noon siege had it been a weekend wouldn't have been a problem. It's all about what time you siege and how you try to set it up. Unlike you guys we made it a bad time for ourselves so it was an ok time (on a weekend i'd stay up to 1am for a siege 90% of the time). PLUS a few days after our siege you guys went to the tirghan siege at 6PM with 20+, i'd know because you guys zerged my 5 man scroach group multiple times. So it can't be that bad of a time for you guys. Gf's

KoKane and RootedOak like this.
  12. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy

That was fun alright. Was so confusing when you started healing the Sick Bastards alliance during the fight. We actually pulled off not sure what was about to happen. Seemed a bit random in the end.
    We had 13 scroaching that night. That's a few less than Jeradan defense :( And definitely fewer than what's required.

MisterTea likes this.
  13. MisterTea

MisterTea Infernal
    Legend

I thought you'd know how to count buddy
    we were 13 that night

14. Lionell

Lionell Goblin Shaman
    Tester

you you you you you you you you you you you you you = 13 = POTATOOO

15. WildWood

WildWood Dire Zombie
    Benefactor

Watch out boys, we've got a grammar Nazi badass right hurrrrrr.