Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Stamina Regen on Mounts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ron Mexico, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

The main issue I have with stamina on mounts is that mounts do not regen stamina while despawned. This forces people just to leave their mounts out all over the place trying to let them regen stamina. This is not a good mechanic. I understand you don't want people despawning/respawning mounts to instantly regen stamina, but there needs to be some kind of regen while despawned so you can get off your low stam mount, put it away, and have it at full when you are ready to use it again. Either make it slowly regen stamina while despawned or just go to 100% stamina after despawned for 60 seconds.

2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Or you could stop sprinting xx distance from your destination so when you get there you can bag up a full stam mount.

3. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Or you can not get an attitude w a paying customer and make other paying customers feel like they are being heard.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Myater and Harley Franklin like this.
  4. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

lol hes not even giving the guy attitude, hes just saying to be aware of your current sprint bar and time to your destination. Instead of sprinting the last little bit, just normal ride. That way by the time you hit spawn, your sprint bar will be full. I think the point of the sprint change is to allow for different tactics. If they wanted you to have full sprint bar all the time, they might as well have not put it in game and instead just increase all mount speed. I think they want you to have to manage the sprint bar. If you went to a spawn and used your entire sprint bar to get there, either you might hit someone on the way to spawn who didnt waste their bar and will either be able to chase you, or run away from you as they managed their sprint bar better. Or, you get to a spawn and someone is already there, same sprint bar scenario.

5. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

I've always loved how stupid fuck MMORPG kids born after 1995 think they pay $15/month (or in this case, possibly nothing, maybe a whopping $60...lol) and act like they're in the Ferrari dealership making a guy on commission their bitch for a couple hours.

6. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

No attitude intended, just mentioning one tactic I've already seen used in game.

Darthlizard, mrW and leth1337 like this.
  7. Candy

Candy Dire Zombie
    Hero

i think both hp and stamina could get to 100% once put in a bank, or despawned in stables if those were to be implemented

8. Ron Mexico

Legend

This is intentional? You want people to slow walk mounts for a few minutes before reaching their destination just to have a full stamina mount to despawn? That... seems.... horrible.

What drawbacks are there for having a mount regain all stamina once despawned for x amount of time? Seems like a pretty simple quality of life fix if you intend to leave this mount stamina crap in the game.

Myater and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  9. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

stam bar on mounts is terrible

how you should of done it was boost everythings normal speed to bluetails then ONLY put in sprint for bluetails but still reduced their hp by 50%.

stam bar is dumb

welcome to being smart, bpg, hit me up next time someone on ur team gets a bright idea like stam bars on mounts.

Inkarnation likes this.
  10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Whatever strategy you use is up to you, that is just one that I've seen used in game. The drawbacks are the same as health regenerating in the bag.

An opinion that I disagree with. Not every change we make will be accepted by all players, it's unfortunate but at the same time how boring would the world be if we all agreed on everything?

Darthlizard likes this.
  11. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

"we put in a dumb patch and think its a good idea even tho a huge chunk of the playerbase finds it tedious, annoying, and pointless. instead of taking their feedback at face value let's just tell them how to get around the annoying stupid stam bar by doing more tedious annoying tasks."

stam bar dumb, way to dodge the simple solution to the problem

Inkarnation likes this.
  12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

There are two people in this thread that have stated it's dumb, and as far as I've read you are the only two. I've read a lot of positive comments toward it. Huge chunk indeed.

13. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

To be fair, sometimes it can be diffucult to take feedback at face value when often times the feedback is so reactionary, even occurring before it has been tested for even a single second in game.
    Coupled with the fact that people will also say "this is dumb" 2 or 3 times while trying to make a point, is not really feedback. It mostly sounds like the type of tantrum a 7 year old would try to pass off as feedback.

Also, where is this huge chunk of the community that thinks this change is tedious and dumb?

Lincoln Hawk likes this.
  14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Don't be stupid.

Harley Franklin likes this.
  15. miasMa

miasMa Varangian Warthane
    Legend

What's the drawback of health regenerating overtime while a mount is packed in your bag?

Lord Kick likes this.
  16. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

They are doing the profession mastery perks down the road. Maybe they can save that as a mastery mount perk instead of messing with mount vitals? Small regen while in a figurine(like how the old regen was) would be pretty bad ass; ide buy mastery mounts over non-mastery just for that. Hell, same thing with sprint bar regen in the figurine.

17. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

I love the change, keep it as it is please

gosti and leth1337 like this.
  18. Ron Mexico

Legend

I feel like the fact that you think people need to develop strategies to deal with a shitty game mechanic shows how attached you are to this new game mechanic, or you are just out of touch with the way people play the game.

Aside from mount fighting, people use mounts to get from point A to point B, then despawn them and do not touch them until they are ready to mount up and ride again. There were no problems with this system. Now with the new system you believe we need to create strategies to let our mount sit there and respawn stamina before we can despawn it? But...why? You suggest people just slow walk mounts to regain stamina for minutes so they can despawn a full stamina mount? What's the point other than wasting our time? All I have seen is people leaving mounts out everywhere, having them die, having them taken by people who think it's theirs, etc. It just leads to problems and annoyances and adds nothing to the game but headache.

You say the drawbacks are the same with health respawning while despawned? I really don't see any issue with that either. If there is a reasonable timer on the regen it should have no real impact on pvp.

I really don't understand why any changes were needed. I do like the new speeds, but the stamina things is meh, and the fact that stamina regen is broken is just stupid.

If you won't fix it then add a new spell: Rejuvenate Mount, lesser or greater magic spells that gives your mount stamina. I have no problem healing my mount before despawning it, but having to sit there for minutes just to wait for stamina regen just to despawn is asinine.

InexCrawl and Grimtide like this.
  19. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Standard speed for all mounts is nearly as fast as the old bluetail speed. Sprint is a mechanic designed for extra speed "when needed" to get away. By giving the mounts stamina requires the player to use some tactic in combat situations in order to utilize that extra escape speed without running out. Bluetails are now designed with a longer sprint time to accommodate long distance travel and due to that have had their HP reduced so they're not the go to mount for PVP escapes.

If we had left the standard speed alone I could understand, but it's much faster. We could just as well remove sprinting from mounts all together and keep the current "run" speed, but prefer the sprint mechanic instead.

Don't think of sprinting as a means of getting from point A to point B, it's a means to gain extra speed when absolutely needed.

Aristos Giannes and leth1337 like this.
  20. LisaL

LisaL Ghost
    Legend

I don't care what happens but the mount sprinting and shit is quite dumb. They should run this fast normally, and even faster on roads. Its so not fun spending hours a day (accumulated) getting to places or looking for pvp.