Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Stamina Regen on Mounts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ron Mexico, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Vrain

Vrain Crypt Guard
    Legend

Love mount changes so far. Add even more depth an qol to it. Cant wait to see what you guys have in store for us

2. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

I think it was a great change, but could do with a sprint toggle icon or maybe some wavy comic book speed lines or a "wooosh" sound effect.

It will be interesting to see if you guys can do new animations. :yum:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I'm considering an icon for sprinting for both mounted and non. It is a pain to tell sometimes.

4. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Make a crouching Icon too!

And make water stop automatically pulling you to your surface :tongueout:

5. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

lol is it hard to tell if ur crouching?

6. Traxon

Traxon Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I like the mount changes. It makes sense for mounts to have stamina too but I agree with the OP. Just have mounts regen stamina at the rate they would while resting, when they are not being used continues the game mechanic. Resting a tired mount only to take out that same tired mount some considerable time later doesn't make sense in the context of the mount changes. Just so long as the regen of unused mounts is kept the same as the resting a mount being used, I don't see an issue.

CommonSenseFTW and kilrath81 like this.
  7. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Dorfs have a hard time telling cause they are already really close to the ground lol.

8. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Yes stables. Bank regen could still work, but it should be slower than stables. Stable would a place where you put your mounts while you bag your loot and restock on regs. When you don't really need to despawn your mount as you will be leaving again shortly. It will save you time and you won't need to despawn your fucking mount in order to heal it.

Now when you will be traveling on your mount in Agon and it will die, you will have a choice to go raid a neared player holding to try sneakily steal a mount and leg it, instead of having to recall back or bunnyhop.
    Your arguments are quite on point. Please move along.

9. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I think just reading your stable suggestion is enough for most people to need nothing else to be said.

RedBull9 likes this.
  10. Player1

Player1 Goblin Scout
    Hero

Make heal mount give stamina as well.

Traxon, RootedOak and CommonSenseFTW like this.
  11. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Hahaha this is so on point
    --- Post updated ---
    I think to make their purpose more transparently useful, sprint should be perhaps even faster and should deplete faster as well. That way you wont really want to use it 24/7 like most people do now, and instead would ideally save it for escape.

12. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

See one thing that you are wrong about is that people care on what you think. I don't. You even needed 2 posts to say nothing, that's why I initially asked to just move along.

13. Young guns

Young guns Guest

I could get behind doubling the speed increase, heavily cutting the total sprint time and increasing the regen speed. Shorter, faster bursts.

Perhaps have a "stance" icon that flashes at a customisable point. When you get on a mount there's a run and sprint icon, it will display for 5 seconds after you change your state and when you first get on the mount what state you are in. Same when you dismount or change between run and auto sprint. Of course make it able to be disabled if desired but on by default.

I agree on mounts generating stats when in a figurine but at a much diminished capacity than when spawned.
    While moving = 2 min
    Stopped = 1 min
    Inside a figurine = 10 min.

I'd also like to see mount HP regen brought back at a minor rate such as
    15 hp/min while running
    30hp/min while stopped
    6hp/min while in a figurine.

Good discussion guys, the changes are great and I'm very happy to be able to use my favourite mount(Shulgan drake) without feeling useless because it's not a bluetail runner!

14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Your post speaks for its self really. I mean no offense, but just throwing down ideas... You ought to really think about how things can become annoying in the game really fast.

RedBull9 likes this.
  15. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

They should probably save mount regen in both health/sprint in figurine form for a "Mastery Tamer" perk to incentivize people to pick up the profession later on "Master-crafted Garmir", "Master-crafted Battlehorn" etc; just like how the mounts in figurine form were originally. This of course is if taming counts as 1/2 mastery proffs. This also means they wouldnt have to mess with other mount stats as perks. Maybe long way down the road when money is rolling in they can create custom mount skins that drop from books. These reskins or new mounts would only be able to be learned buy a "Master Tamer"

16. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Can you explain, what is annoying about not needing to despawn or heal your mount while you bank? You can continue playing same way as it is now.

17. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

I think he just means stables are so over the top not needed to fix a simple problem. Just adding a way to heal a mount's stamina or have it slowly regen when packed away is all that is needed. Adding craftable stables by the bank of every city in the game is like asking for your house to be nuked because you saw a spider in it.

RootedOak likes this.
  18. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

What?

19. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Because it's added tedium and annoyance. Let's suppose I roll up to my city. I don't use the gate because it takes an extra few minutes to travel to the south side where the only city gate is located. So, I despawn my mount immediately. Then jump the wall and use the bank and go afk to return 30 mins later and ride off to chase some enemies. Lo and behold my mount has 27 Stamina, sweet.

So you suggest a stable. Here's a new scenario: I ride up to my city walls from the north, I despawn my mount, I jump the wall, and then I spawn my mount to ride it to the stable so that it will regenrage health and stam quicker. After waiting for it to regen, I despawn it and go afk. *I'll stop here before the part with enemies*

So that scenario has me using the stable, here's the problem. It made me wait to get my mount despawned. Why would I do that when I could just ride up next to the bank, heal mount and wait 30 seconds for it to regenerate enough stam then despawn it and go afk? It's just an unecessary step for a simple problem.

20. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Why not just have a stable made for a city, a small building that acts like a bank. You put mount figurines in there and they heal and regen stamina over time.

Or..if you don't want to, just store them in your bank and heal them up on your own. Like you do now

Why is this such a mockable issue? I think its perfectly ok. There are many ways you could possibly go with this that makes the game better, deeper and with more sand.

Making suggestions like this sure beats the hair pulling wailing that usually comes from certain corners of these forums when any changes are made.

Dixie Normus likes this.