Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Stamina Regen on Mounts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ron Mexico, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

kinda pointless to make a full stable just to put figurines in. If they just made it a mastery perk for "Master-crafted" mounts in the future, problem solved.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  2. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Yea, was just continuing with the brainstorm.

I'd like for cities to be differentiated even further. Different types of farms, groves etc. Having certain cities able to build other buildings to make them unique, like foundries, is a good thing IMO.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Dixie Normus likes this.
  3. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

If it's tedious for you to drop your mount somewhere quick so it fully regens, then just don't do it. Despawn it and put it to bank so it regens there and while it's happening you can use a different mount. This suggestion is base idea that can be expanded upon further. Stables can be used further to actually breed new mounts etc. It can be content and expanded further. Don't like it, then just bank your mounts and re-use the new ones while the used ones regen. Now go cry about tedium in the next thread, while we can suggest ideas that can provide sandbox content in this game.

4. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Sandbox features are things that players can do that are dynamic and manipulated by players. Your idea of stables is a static feature.

Ford Prefect likes this.
  5. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Cool story bra. As I said, just move along.

6. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Looks like I won another thread.

Ford Prefect and mrW like this.
  7. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

This is your medal for all the wins:

[​IMG]

8. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

So you wanted those stables reeeeeally badly didn't you?

RedBull9 and Ford Prefect like this.
  9. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

For the impaired:

[​IMG]

Otherwise, just allowing to build these next to the walls and you could place your mount near it for quick hp/stam regen:
    [​IMG]

10. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

i dont get the idea behind the stables, especially for the use suggested. Theres other ways to make sprint regen efficient then having players have to go to stables, drop their figurines in just to regen them. Seems kind of like a complete waste of dev time, even if they had 10 devs working the time shouldnt be allotted for that.

RootedOak likes this.
  11. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

You are right that it's not for the case suggested, it's a generaly an idea to expand the whole taming, mounts and make it something to expand the current gameplay. Some sort of mount breeding would be nice and go a long way making the game more sandbox. The current idea of taming to farm for steedgrass and craft it by whistle just makes the whole skill like a poorly implemented placeholder. It can be a great crafting skill on it's own and profession for casual players to enjoy in-game. Like mount\dinosaur breeding in Ark.

#91 mrW, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  12. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

if we are going to have stables i want there to be chocobo stables... i need a place to park my chocobos.

RootedOak, mrW and Dixie Normus like this.
  13. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

i think stables could open up lots of options, and breeding as well as adding mastery options to taming.

I think the stam bar total needs to be smaller and regen faster imo for more controlled bursts, less sustained sprinting. However good breeding and the right nutrition and those stam bars could get fuller and the sprint last longer.

also make taming please so I can tame me a raptor to ride around on! Or a crog!

keep piling on the sand!

The more things there are to do in this game besides pvp, the more people will come to play. Once they are here to stay, THEN the pvp happens :D/

mrW likes this.
  14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

I'm just pointing out that adding all these extra features to fix a small problem seems like a waste of time. If you see a spider in your house would you just kill it or would you burn your entire house down? Both ways kill the spider, one seems much more logical.

Just take the easy route here, this was never an issue in DFO. For some reason you guys thought stamina on mounts would be a good idea. I personally think it's a bad idea and made the game worse, but if you are going to keep this feature in the game you need to address the fact that there is no way for mounts to regen stamina other than leaving them out and wasting time. Sure you can design and add stables to every city to do some crazy features, but this seems like a big waste of time when there is a much more simple solution that almost everyone seems to agree on - just let them regen stamina slowly while despawned as a figurine. Or if you really want us to suffer just to refill stamina then add it to heal mount, or add heal stamina mount spell.

Many of the quality of life changes you guys made were really good, and big timesavers. This mount "feature" seems like a step backwards. Mounts have become much more tedious and annoying to deal with, and a constant waste of time due to not being able to use them then despawn them like normal. A mount I used 2 weeks ago and put in my bank should not be spawned with 10 stamina the next time I use it. There is no strategy or benefit from this whatsoever, it is a complete annoyance and unnecessary.

15. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Losing the old playerbase is not worth it.

Ford Prefect likes this.
  16. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Some might say losing the old player base would save darkfall.

And I'm pretty sure BPG could literally mail all of the old player base literal shit to their house and they would still play bitching all the while.

17. Owyn Magnus

Listen, you are not the entirety of the "old player base".

Putting that stuff in would not make you or anyone else quit. If people quit over that, I would wager it would be a very small minority of the "old player base".

18. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I'll say mount stam has me very irritated. I don't see a happy future for the feature even after bug fixes with mount stam.

I've also only seen 1 guy since the patch legitimately use mounted combat.

What I have seen is bunny hopping lose a lot of effectiveness. A guy spawning a mount can escape a whole siege force if you don't get enough hits in before they ride off into the sunset. People carry two cheap mounts now. Some of the most active pvpers carry 1-4 r70 weapons at all times. Sea Tower tactics have devolved into something very very boring due to the directional begone change.

I'm not saying all these combined things alone would make someone quit. I'm saying make this pile even larger and it might become too much.

Mount Stam for instance is so far an annoyance at every application of it that I've seen in game. Let's make it more annoying by adding mount food and stables. I would go so far to say the mount sprint thing should be reverted to how it was.

Grimtide and Ford Prefect like this.
  19. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

75 begone needs to come back with these mount changes @DestLocke

and bluetails need slightly more hp (150 instead of 100, thats still 150 compared to 400 for a fuckin slow mount which is just as fast) to make them anywhere near worth using in any situation.

RootedOak and Ford Prefect like this.
  20. Owyn Magnus

You heavily implied that these changes would lose the old player base. Your hyperbole on these forums is getting out of hand. There is such a thing as a law of diminishing returns here.

Unless you are trolling, then I salute that!

And as someone said, losing the old player base and replacing it with a newer, potentially bigger one may be better for the game. This is coming from an old school old player.

Green Chili likes this.