Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

State of Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, Jun 21, 2017.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

im seeing alot of ppl complaining here, but i need to say that the state of game is awesome. GRATZ BPG

im finding different ppl everyday, the grind and economy is cool.

i never played darkfall with so many peeps before. (started late)

anyone knows anything about population? if its growing or not.. we really need to keep that in current levels.

whats the next steps? we all know about the issues of a darkfall "late game"

how BPG can make ppl interested?

whats the necessary content for this?

2. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

I'm running into group of people where ever I go on Yssam. It's crazy how active the game is with the lag and crash. A good sign for sure.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

The state of the game is (roughly) the same as its always been on any first few months after a launch. Exploiting is still rampant, duping is still happening on some patches requiring rollbacks or item removal. PVE is still pincushioning health bars with arrows/bolts or swinging daggers. Its just a clickfest. we didnt have queuefall, but we had server lagg.

The pop is about as healthy as it has been on previous launches for the first few months. It had been going down pretty steadily due to the lagg primarily, but wit that fixed im hopeful some people will come back. But theres still nothing to make new players want to come in and start DF for the first time.

The state of the game is shit compared to successful MMOs. This isnt a knock on BPG, I think they're doing pretty well with the resources they have. They have to deal with AV's code and base design, and thats a shitty reality. Ignoring it won't help anyone any. The game s broken at its core and it's gunna take some work to bring it up to todays MMO standards.

"making people interested" a you put it.... is the core issue.

most of the good changes so far have been small quality of life changes to UI, some combat tweaks, and various bugfixes. Theres also been bad changes like the revamp of the housing system that made most people uninterested in housing (only the second big fail on BPG's part... which isnt bad for an amateur volunteer dev team).

The broken game is slowly being un-broken overall. But we have yet to see real content added, and thats what its gunna take to actually start make the game desirable for a new player in todays MMO industry to want to play. And "content" does NOT mean another "hotspot" giving generic rewards that people will fight over.

We need things like a meaningful pve system, dungeons mobs and bosses dropping weapon/armor skins or unique named weapons armors themselves (lootable/tradeable of course). maybe even dungeon sets with additional bonuses for wearing the full set. faction standings (can be separate from alignment) and rewards for those. Dyes. Proper lore quests. In-game events that are not just about loot or fighting. Minigames. Etc etc etc.

Fluff basically. We need shit for people to do thats NOT related to just pvp or gearing up for pvp, which are the ONLY two things the vast majority of the playerbase can do for endgame right now. Once the grind is over theres nothing except roaming for people to do.

Thats going to be BPG's big challenge. Making the game desirable outside of combat. Thats what this game needs to draw in and actually keep new players.

Kwatos, Wendigo, Navlaan and 3 others like this.
  4. Magos

Magos Windlord
    Supporter Contributor

Only ppl sayin pop is bad are new dawn trolls. Game is more active than any df version ever. Ppl everywhere. But we will get a bad drop off if they dont keep adding stuff for sheep to do.

5. mordekai

mordekai Goblin Scout

That is a lie. There was so many people back then. Player cities were FULL and so were NPC cities. You couldn't even safely use NPC cities there were so many guilds war dec'ing each other in town.

6. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

People would be war decing left and right still if it didn't get its cost increased significantly

7. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

Game is great unless you read the forums, then the sky is falling and the game it totally unplayable (Mostly posted by people logging 90 hours a week in game).

KingLlama, Serbitas, Ansem and 6 others like this.
  8. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIEND?!

YUP.

REAL TALK: The game is feeling great, very active and meeting new players everyday. Cant wait to see where this is in 2018. Sure we have some mechanics to straighten out, but I have faith we are gonna realize the potential that is Darkfall.

Ansem and NonFactor like this.
  9. Grisvok

Grisvok Skeleton Archer

Well it's pretty easy to be more active than two prior dead games.

@OP - Great suggestions.

10. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

You just couldn't let a single thread be positive.

Synik, Serbitas, WyLd_SyDe and 6 others like this.
  11. mordekai

mordekai Goblin Scout

True, but my point was the amount of people in the cities is no where near DFO when it was banging.

12. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Not everyone is happy homeboy

That being said I'm mostly satisfied right now. We will see what the future brings.
    --- Post updated ---
    Cringe

13. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Lmfao, I thought the same exact thing as soon as I read his post.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes, but clearly OP wanted a positive, thank you thread. Not another whinefest.

14. tech

tech Goblin Shaman

this game is fucking cool

Pink Floyd, Nat, Ansem and 3 others like this.
  15. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

BPG are supposedly professionals

A dickriding thread is, for the most part, pointless

The game still needs a lot of work and BPG knows this

But like I said - I'm having fun

16. tech

tech Goblin Shaman

BPG are not professionals.

They are a bunch of DF1 vets who love this game.

They're doing a pretty damn good job maintaining RoA, i'm having a blast. (this is my first DF however, so I can't compare how well they're doing to previous companies)

17. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

*shrug* if u wanna delude yourself be my guest.

If you wanna tell other people that this game is "fine" i will smite u with the hammer of reality, because thats a blatant lie. I mean so will the industry, but i have this idiotic hope that if i keep talking about how this game needs content outside of gankfests, maybe someday someone will listen, and maybe some things change and the industry will actually pick this game up.

#17 Benevolence, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Damaja, kilrath81 and Fawley like this.
  18. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Mmmk bud. Are you like 12 years old?

Do you think BPGs motivation stems from the possible garnering of praise from idiots on this forum like tryhard?

Do you really think they are going to operate indefinitely at a monetary loss just because you are singing their praises on the forum?

This is why threads tend to devolve into arguments. People like you and tryhard say some really dumb shit.

19. tech

tech Goblin Shaman

the game has a lot of work to do.

BPG is literally a team of dweebs from DF1 that put this project together.

they're doing pretty fine considering the circumstances.

they'll get their shit together.

"what are you 12?" says the guy shitting and belittling on any positive thread towards the very game he's playing.

do you realize how shitty it must feel to have "entitled" crybabies take a dump on all of their hard work?

you don't give them enough credit.

WyLd_SyDe, Ansem and Towel like this.
  20. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

This just proves you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I said I'm having fun in this game. I've been saying I'm having fun since the day I started. Otherwise why would I be here?

When BPG took everyone's money they became a business. You can't just say "they are just dweebs lol cut them some slack". That's not how business works.

I did not shit on this thread. I criticized the people who shit on a person who came in to say "not all is perfect - shit still needs works". A statement that you just agreed to yourself.