Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

State of Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

That was only for like a week or so I bought my client the first day they stopped limiting sales and that was very early march (launch was end of Feb)

2. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

Im in that video sitting against the wall lol. rigormids were also fun times. man we did some weird shit to be good at this game back then lol

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Today I took a tour of Alfar lands, Tribelands, and Dwarflands, and was pretty disappointed to see a small handful of people in each of those regions.

Humanlands seems to be the most populated but that's mainly due to trading alts at bank.

DFO had more populated cities the day servers went offline.

4. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

its pointless to be in any other city longer than you need to be, so they should be empty. Sanguine is only populated for the reason you stated, trading. Other than that, its better to just go to a clan city

5. Chuck Zitto

Chuck Zitto Gravelord
    Legend

So why did people leave this time? Why aren't we getting and keeping new players? Is BPG going to do anything to fix the problem or do they even realize there is a problem?

NonFactor likes this.
  6. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Well I wasn't doing a tour of all the clan cities I was doing a tour of the NPC cities.

Like it or not, the NPC cities are a good proxy for measuring the population of the game. More people in NPC cities means more people overall. Less people in NPC cities generally means less people overall.

Also new players tend to hand around NPC cities more than veteran characters. If there's very few people in NPC towns that's a good indicator that the game isn't drawing in a lot of new players. Seeing as a proportion of players will leave the game each month when their subs run out, if there's no new players coming into the game we'll very quickly have negative population growth and a dead game in 2, maybe 3 months tops.

Brown Dorf likes this.
  7. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Well thats not good, if the only reason to not be red is no access to NPC cities but there is no reason to be in NPC cities anyway, then there is no reason to not be red.

Ledwulf likes this.
  8. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

I dont really know what they could add to make them more desirable. I also dont really know why you would want to entice or encourage someone to stay in an NPC city. Its much more fun join a clan and participate in everything the game has to offer, out side of city walls. At least to me, NPC cities should just be a first step to learn, do some quests, get your footing, trade etc. Then after that you create your own clan or join up and do stuff.

Crunchbert likes this.
  9. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

The point of my post was the flaws in alignment not the usefulness of NPC cities, but way to miss the point there sparky.

10. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

im not missing any point or arguing, im just simply having a discussion, and my point of view in regards to NPC cities is you should leave them, not stay in them, which is why i dont care if an NPC city is unpopulated

Crunchbert likes this.
  11. Mexi Horseman

Mexi Horseman Goblin Warlord

you clearly don't know what we went through to buy just 1 account back then....

12. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I had an EU launch account too, I assure you this bloodwall was not filmed during week 1 lol

13. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Week 1 was acid baths and week 2 was rigormids, so had to be at least week 3-4.

Frog likes this.
  14. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

Good luck fighting that battle. A guy made a suggestion in a thread not long ago to make sele or easier to get, and I shit you not there was discussion as to whether to call him retarded autistic or downs.

So anyone who has any feedback and doesn't have a legend title may as well fuck off.

Mycke likes this.
  15. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

It's easier to go to infernal than FP.

Brown Dorf likes this.
  16. Shredz

Shredz Dire Zombie

i dont think many left.. th epopulation is still great

WizardKing likes this.
  17. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

People in this thread be like:

[​IMG]

pathion likes this.
  18. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

No point in arguing over the population. In fact, it's perfectly fine for the state of the game right now. Once the game is a bit more polished we can cross that bridge. Let's focus on larger issues at the moment like the poor alignment system and pve content. Once we have all that stuff nailed down you guys are free to cry about population even though let's be serious, most of you are probably staring at your bank forumfalling as opposed to contributing to the "population"

19. WizardKing

WizardKing Dire Zombie
    Benefactor Tester

The amount of chinks being had at Darkfall in this thread is fucking pathetic. Moderation needs to happen. Blatant lies Doom us all.

20. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

That's not how these things work unfortunately. The time for polish was before launch. That way everyone could start the game on an equal footing.

Expecting massive pop growth 6 months into a games release simply realistic.

pathion likes this.