Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

State of RoA Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jun 3, 2016.

1. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

Im drunk and reading these god damned forums again. why imaginary creator, why?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    heliumbox and Swing like this.
  2. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

Can you confirm that you are working with the DND guys together to lock down these security issues?

Exodus likes this.
  3. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

eta? new dawn need 3 -4 weeks to solve the security problem .... probably bpg need two weeks to open the server ...

4. Nuyur

Nuyur Wildtribe Mage

Thats not exactly what DnD have said.
    They are going to continue with their test server as planned. Probably starting somewhere late june. (obviously ETA's are guesses. Just like they have been here). This doesnt mean that all security flaws will be fixed, they've even comitted to running a seperate server for players who want to try their hand at hacking. Obviously with the intent to get more information about possible failure points.

That said, they have done some of the work BGP is having to do now. With proper obfuscating and client packaging.
    Reading their weekly updates contain most of the important milestones they've achieved. And what they are working on for this week aswell ofcourse

Maejohl likes this.
  5. Kozzion

Kozzion Goblin Warlord
    Hero

Hello everyone,

There are several things we as a community would like to address with the recent events surrounding complaining in posts and being not constructive at all.

Firstly we would like to apologize to the BPG crew for our more than non constructive, damaging posts these past few weeks. These posts arose because we let our inner self as we all are so acquinted to the past decade in the world of Agon and on the forums come to surface.
    We know how much you guys love Darkfall and how much you wanted it to bring it back for you and the harsh toxic community as we are.
    Even though we know this, we worked tirelessly to post the same stuff again so new players would instantly get a bad taste of this game.
    But unfortunately at a careless pace with no sense of what our input would do and no recollection of what history have thought us, the community, which ultimately lead to the lower population in DF1.
    We will hit the brakes hard, as we learned our lesson and will not be repeating that mistake again. We hope you guys want to keep working on your project that will lead us back into the world so we get to experience the real Darkfall again.
    We will, however, work together as community to welcome new players and not spread negativity on these forums so people don't get turned away from reading our non constructive, damaging posts.
    In terms of our communication, that is a topic I would certainly like to cover. To put it bluntly our communication has been very poor the last few weeks, and we are very disappointed in ourselves on that front.
    We have always wanted to maintain high toxic communication as we are doing the past decade since we don't know anything better.

However, we are dedicated to bringing back the level of communication that you see in the majority of games were constructive, positive energy flows towards the company and newcomers as this is the way to attract newcomers and to make the company give the best of itself. Michael ("MWTaylor" on the forums) has transitioned into the Community Manager role for this project, and is eager to show us how we can evolve from a toxic to a non toxic, warm community. Expect to see him pointing fingers to us if we fall back into the toxic DFO forum syndrome as well as organizing our community competitions and staying involved on the marketing front.

We hope the company can give us a mulligan on this as it will be hard to adapt from this past toxic decade, born from the ashes of the original community and now reforged into a friendly, helpful, constructive, positive community.
    At the end of the day, everyone here in this community is committed to resolving our behaviour that drove many new people away.
    So that we can start our Closed Beta positive and shift our focus to making Agon a lively world with thousands of players.
    We are also picking up a few extra psychiatrists who have offered their services to speed up our social behaviour while we work on these socially mental issues in group.

We thank you for your patience and dedication to stand us here on the forums while we only had to click on this webpage and flame, not realising you guys were not sipping cocktails on miami beach , but actually working hard to resolve all the issues.
    We know it was done with love and we thank you for it.
    We have to look to ourselves and be held accountable, as we are a community that wants to be in tune with your company and not at odds against it.
    To that end we are going to work on that relationship that we damaged and hope you guys will deem us worthy to keep fighting to get us the game that we have wanted for oh so many years. A community that cannot learn from its failures is not one that will succeed, and this recent series of events provides us the opportunity to prove to you that we can, and will, learn from our mistakes.

Thanks to everyone for the continued support, it is really appreciated. We all have fought too hard to turn this pipe-dream into a reality for you guys and have absolutely no plans of giving up on you now.

sincerely,

Kozzion Mozz
    Spokesmen DF community

#45 Kozzion, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  6. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

^^ "spokesmen" of nothing

Falesh and Maejohl like this.
  7. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

We really need an arcade section on these forms, then BPG can take as many mulligans as they want and heck they can keep all 7 cards each time.

Kwatos likes this.
  8. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

Shamless re-post of my unanswered question. If you're covering this in Tuesday's blog, just say :)

9. TomTucker

TomTucker Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Does it matter if they are or not? I mean what difference would it really make, and what difference would it make them mentioning it?

10. Nuyur

Nuyur Wildtribe Mage

One, because more people working/looking at the flaws will fix them better (or find more to fix).
    Two, hussein (hate him or not) has stated he will help DnD with their security.
    I wouldnt be surprised if he were to put energy into breaking RoA just because of their current relationship status.
    Three, by working together neither project is going to make the other a security threat.
    Right now...and possibly for a very long time to come, the functionality of the client is the same.
    The way it works wont change, at best there's some more checks, renaming and hiding away more of how it works.
    But if you find a flaw that works in 1, its very very likely it will work in the other aswell.

Working together makes both projects more secure...

Big Ed and Maejohl like this.
  11. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Currently no, each team is working independently on these issues. We are, however, getting support from our friends at Aventurine so that we can accomplish the security changes needed to bring our servers back online as soon as possible.

As for an ETA, as I stated previously in this thread we will provide you all with one when we feel more confident in the time needed to fully address these security concerns. Giving a "rough" ETA now would only put us in a bad situation if we ended up needing more time to complete the tasks at hand. We hope to have a better idea in the next week or so.

Now in regards to the Developer Blog, we will be presenting some more specific changes that the team has been working on with details on the changes themselves, as well as progress in a couple other areas.

12. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

I'm still here in the shadows.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 11-12 months as Community Manager but it at this moment in time it made sense for me to take my many talents into other areas of the company. I've been involved outside of the community realm from the outset and hoping to do more good behind the scenes. You haven't got rid of me yet.

Thanks for the good times. You're in safe hands with @MWTaylor and I look forward to him taking the community forward into beta.

13. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

That's disappointing, to say the least.

And that's to be critical of both teams, not BPG alone.

Unless you're going to tell us that it's all too different for you to be working together on this?

Nuyur and Big Ed like this.
  14. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

It takes two. Based on my readings of DND forums (which are open to all) and of BPG's forums (which are restricted), I think it's pretty safe to say one group is willing to play nice nice, the other, not so much.
    I feel greed has been mislabeled as excitement.

15. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Omg weed out these crybabies

16. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Contructive

17. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

"I'm still here in the shadows."
    [​IMG]

Sique likes this.
  18. Mc Nasty

Mc Nasty Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Very contructive!

19. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

lol? you realize the forums that are NOT open to all is alpha discussion forums which is only open to some for a reason. DND is just vaporware atm so theres no need to have a separate area on the forum because there hasnt been an alpha/beta yet. Would you really want people who arent in alpha commenting on shit when they cant even play?

RootedOak likes this.
  20. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

LOL, this place is entertaining.
    Idiocy used to make me sad. Now I just laugh.