Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Suggestion: Mining for ore and minerals

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by tyfusrex, Mar 7, 2020.

1. tyfusrex

tyfusrex Goblin Scout

Instead of rare ores appearing as nodes in cities and hamlets, ores and minerals are moved deep into the ground.
    In order to find and extract these resources players must do surveying and construct technical drawings of the next part of the mine to be excavated as the process goes on.

Over time these mines can go deep into the ground and stretch out in several directions as well as beneath mountains and lakes.

At some point the resources in the area has been exhausted and the mining operation moves on to a new area, leaving the old mine behind as a ruin which is quickly taken over by creeps, monsters and daemons.

The creatures living in these ruins have a tendency to create traps protected by riddles and puzzles to protect themself and their camps where they typically keep their treasures and leftover minerals in small chests.

It is not uncommon for these old mines to have several exits, providing a network of passages for explorers and scavengers.

The technical drawings of the mine that was once actively excavated can show up as part of the lore as a rare drop long after the mine has been abandoned by the excavators.

After a few years the mine exits will collapse and all traces of the old mine is gone forever.

#1 tyfusrex, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  2. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

There is 0 chance this will ever happen. Not even .1%. Not saying its a bad idea, just not possible with this team.

Urek Mazino likes this.
  3. tyfusrex

tyfusrex Goblin Scout

I'm kind of aware of that, Just wanted to get my ideas down.

I have this idea that if the code was open source, and we brought in the New Dawn team and others, stuff like this may actually be possible.

Certain types of games just can't have traditional investors and share holders backing it, and this is one of those games.

#3 tyfusrex, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Urek Mazino, Madmatt and The Red King like this.
  4. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

If that happened, this site would disappear as well.

Search for New Dawn. Go ahead.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Smile

Smile Skeleton Archer

I like your idea. Mostly because I find city nodes responsible for how stupid resource gathering has always been in all darkfalls. Removal of city nodes would be a great start. And I think such thing would be easy from coding perspective. People would gather materials and rares from open world nodes (bushes, trees, iron nodes, etc) and mobs.

#5 Smile, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020