Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Suggestion: Remove rare ores from city nodes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Knar, Nov 3, 2016.

1. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

i am currently building a city yes, i know what it costs. That is why i think nodes should be put back to original DF levels in unlawful zones. With faster harvesting and not having to hit 200 trees to get how much you want you could get more resources per hour then tapping a grove or quarry since they run out then take a long time to regen.

Where i see your point about not being for single player use, in DFO it often times was. Stone of course went to mods, Wood wasnt needed that much except for mods, but iron and rares went to leadership mostly. So my proposition is to either remove the nodes and buff the world around us, or at the very least buff the world around us so players can compete. If a grove gives 800-1000 or so timber at full then you would only have to hit on average about 15 trees/stone/ore to equal a node. With better rare drops on natural who would hang around the city? they would go get their 15 nodes worth of ore with a rare or two every couple nodes. Not only would hitting natural nodes be more beneficial for not competing with clanmates for some rare, those mines only drop certain rares, where natural nodes would have a chance at any or all rares. It would negate the mine to a point where you could leave it in and no one would hardly notice that they didnt have access to those nodes.

The grind is still terrible. Certain Vets will be like darkfall grind best grind and all that (i am a vet and i dont like the grind). I think i should be able to go out for an hour and make a gear bag from what i gather, Then grind on pve and crafting. the natural nodes need to give 60 units each at current rates and rares buffed. Take the city nodes or not at that point will be irrelevant.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

When full, grove gives 1000 timber and 500 resin.

3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Too much grind is bad I agree, specially on gear, content grind at least keeps people busy in a positive way, gear grind is tedious and obnoxious at best. As for regular nodes, we had pretty big alliances back in the day. was hard to find an untapped ore node any where close to the city. So would def be some travel involved and most likely a whole lo more risk, not sure how well it will work out for someone trying to get quick gear bags, But I am all for it.

The one thing I don't get is why you keep saying rares went only to leadership mostly? I know a lot of clans that did not do it that way or would hand it out to people evenly. Some sold it at cheap prices to help keep a siege/guild fund going I don't personally know of a clan that the leadership just simply kept for themselves, although I am sure that is quite possible, I then don't understand how they maintained a guild at all, with that kinda greed why would people stay with them?

anyways goods posts and I still say NO don't Take nodes out of cities, nothing is gained from doing so.

4. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

it was closer to launch this hogging the ore happened. As the game progressed it got less and less, but that initial "got to have infernal and r60 weapons for the sieges" from the elites took a while to wear off, at least in the few mine owning clans i played in or were allied with. the point of the nodes being bumped to 60 is to allow people a good amount of ore without travelling 5 tiles to get it, or having to always fight for the concentrated areas while still putting people into risky areas. Keep lawful zones low max with same rare chances as now. Its just the outlaw nodes you want to buffed. Mines are too OP. Even if you have to share a clan can get enough rares for a set or more in a day off a mine. Casuals who dont have that access might not get that much rare ore in a week or more.

5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Ya I played at df1 launch, and competed for nodes close to the city and was harder then hell to get a node that was not empty. they did regen quicker if I member right but still, 30+ people bound to an area and 40+ wanting ore for crafting at launch. and to be able to have armor, and High end armor took months after launch before even seeing it being worn on occasion, more months before it was normal, people used all of that ore just tryin to level crafting. Like I said we agree on cpl things. and well just have to part ways with the mine being tossed, I have still yet to see a single good/logical reason for its removal.. (does not have to be removed to add more options to get ore)

6. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

I agree it doesn't need to be removed. if they fix rare ores for non mine owning people.

7. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

I think it would be neat if they were able to make node yield representative to node size. I always chuckle when I hit a mountainous sized rock and get 15 stone.

8. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

It doesnt matter, clans literally dont farm due to having these nodes that pump out huge amounts of resources, even the standard iron ore that is pumped out is a massive advantage doing something semi afk, or naked.

Forcing people out into the world and actually fucking populating it is only a good thing.

kilrath81 likes this.
  9. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

The city you own should be based on wanting to control a certain area(i.e have your clans bindstone and bank there) , not based on some freebie city mine that an alt hits off cd. Maybe you want that city because there is a wild mine near it that gives your clan a better chance of hitting it more often or maybe theres good pve spawns around it. Maybe its close to world event locations or close to wilkd portal locations that they are going to be implementing. Theres lots of other ways to add value to an area, which in turn adds value to a city, rather than self replenishing node.

Lincoln Hawk, Madmatt and kilrath81 like this.
  10. Madmatt

Madmatt Deadeye
    Hero

This!!!