Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Sunstone siege

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Kantor, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Deadeye

That just shows how incompetent or newb you were as a leader if you think any of the battles were back and forth. You seem to lack completely any kind of competence, overview or communication.
    Your people literally turned their back, ran and got slaughtered every single time. You didnt even put up a fight once.

I dont understand how you could say the battles were back and forth. There was no back and forth. Siegestone went live you ran in headless like 3-4 times got completely dominated every single time..
    The hamlet went live they ran you over without any problems and took it.

You had literally people with a robe and staff there trying to RP in public chat, while your people were getting slaughtered. Maybe you had fun RPing that you were actually a "leader of a force", but you didnt lead anything. It was a huge zergy mess getting completely destroyed by a coordinated zerg of vets.

2. Whisper

Whisper Air Elemental
    ANN Reporter

Did you even watch the video in the OP? It doesn't even include some of the later fights where we did our best work, but it also doesn't show what you're describing.

The defensive siege force had a lot of inexperienced players across the various clans that were pulled in, and there were multiple points in the siege where their morale broke and they ran. Because we had split comms, we were getting delayed notifications of orders to retreat, and almost all of the casualties we experienced were during these moments where we were balls deep inside of the enemy doing work only to find our allies turning tail and running for seemingly no reason. Even so, we never lost more than half our of force in any of the fights, despite being left to fight alone time and again.

I'm in no way vouching for the defensive siege force as a whole. I already stated the numerous issues that it had. We did our part and played well. There's only so much you can do when you're not leading the siege as a whole. If the force had committed to any one of the fights and accepted that there was going to be some level of attrition to winning, I think we could have done much better. There just seemed to be a prevailing mentality that we needed to win the fight without taking any losses, and as soon as people started dying, it was suddenly an unacceptable outcome and a retreat was called.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. LunaryaSol

LunaryaSol Goblin Warrior
    Legend ANN Reporter

Yeah I second that lol, all the active clans on the island PvP, not sure why he thought only MMM did.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm really happy I wasn't the only one who thought of that scene too lmao

Kalos likes this.
  4. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

My all-time favorite movie,... and I'm old.

Kwatos and LunaryaSol like this.
  5. SeQueL

SeQueL Goblin Warlord
    Legend

thats it I quit fuck you

Reptar likes this.
  6. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I've got an actual, fairly lengthly list. I posted it once in Beta, rated people D - C - B - A - S - SS, everyone got mad, and we agreed to a new clan rule: no lists.

Except I still got a big ass list.

Kwatos, Reptar and Grimtide like this.
  7. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

That was the first time in my looong (and mostly futile) Darkfall career I saw a large host retreat for no...damn...reason.

We were engaged at the siege stone and I thought we were doing well, enemies were low, some went down, then literally the entire force just pulled back.

I aint talking about throwing aoe's and falling back, I'm talking about turning, mounting and running the fuck away, at mostly full health.

Tried our best to throw AOEs behind us but at that point, with that delay in communications it was almost impossible to stop for a second to turn around.

8. WildWood

WildWood Dire Zombie
    Benefactor

Fake people. The new merc math for millenials.

Owyn Magnus and Myater like this.
  9. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Yeah, your force was insanely skittish. That's the main thing I'm working on with my newbies, overcoming the urge to run away. Soon as we started pushing, I could feel your force starting to break, so we pushed harder.

10. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

I'm pretty sure we got flank a few times which cause us to route instantly. Enemy destro force pushing in with mounts also played a big role.

WyLd_SyDe likes this.
  11. Reptar

Reptar Fire Elemental
    Legend

Hope I'm still A through S tier. 'Cause i'm just on the up and up lately.

strangereligion and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  12. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Only casualties I took were from Dune rats.

There was one push where I was like this is a trap, shit abso going hard gogogoogogogo

WildWood and Reptar like this.
  13. nerdSlayer

nerdSlayer Goblin Warlord

I get it sucks MMM lost their holding, they were active and PVP'd. But my crew (8 or so) only showed up when we heard it was a massive nutcup alliance with Gentlemen and we heard it was supposed to be a lost. We basically just wanted to have a big fun fight and get some gear, we were sort of surprised when we started winning to be honest.

14. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Lol
    Just
    Lol

Double dropped on a newbie alliance nutcupping two alliances a Merc guild and a random mad guild who didn't even really make an effort at their own siege.

But the defenders are the nutcup for accepting help in overwelming odds.

15. nerdSlayer

nerdSlayer Goblin Warlord

No idea what you are on about. But as I explained, our perspective as a small clan was we were told this was likely going to be a loss for the attackers due to massive zerg odds on the other side. So we were just excited to get some bang and help some of our allies out, when we showed up we clearly had numbers disadvantage including the scroatch forces attacking us from behind. Yet through us actually engaging as a whole we won the first and subsequent battles.

16. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

This siege came down to poor communication on the defenders part as well as Dune Rats.

There was a solid thirty minutes where gents+remnants of abso held substone harbor and no relief came. Also the prospect that anyone came because we were supposably coming is rediculous considering the siege was initially a double drop with to alliances and mercs.

17. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I had 6 clans pm'ing me asking to join because Gentlemen were there. Jus' saying.

18. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

You probably accepted them all too because you're incapable of leading an alliance/siege without some other group to hold your hand.

19. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I'd correct your spelling / grammar, but you're better off learning that on your own.

To address your post: I didn't tell them anything besides where to come, and where to find you. They handled the rest.

20. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Just like dune rats at mamengruk right?
    Just like Dune Rats at angfrost (oh sry there was a billing error that prevented that.)
    Just like ichtan where you merged your alliance into meseeks alliance and still hired Dune Rats right?
    Just like Vellenyth when they were helping your side (yes I know sobad hired them, but I'm not dense I can connect the dots on how he reached that conclusion.)
    Just like Sunstone where you were on n the side with Dune Rats.

I'm seeing a gross pattern here, if you want to have dune rats hold your hand then hand leadership to ice pick and join dune rats because he's probably the most level headed guy in your guild.

strangereligion likes this.