Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

System Messages in Clan Cities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cow, Jul 11, 2017.

1. madmod

madmod New Member

I enjoy it without messages, lets you use/hit holdings by clans who have too many to defend properly. Should pay a tax of some sort.

2. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

I definitely miss all the action we'd get from system messages and mine tapping alone.

There needs to be some way at least to see where action is happening on a certain day. Maybe pay gold to a city councillor and they'll tell you the daily gossip, where reds have been spotted by nearby recently, or in the highest concentration for the day. So if your player city is lawful, it will be able to spot reds.

Kwatos likes this.
  3. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

DO NOT BRING BACK SYSTEM MESSAGES WHEN ENEMY ENTERS CITY(Although using nodes should alert through system)

This completely ruins any type of sneaking or strategic moves on citys. The old system was bullcrap because people would have a bot reading system chat and actually do text to speech when enemies enter "2 Enemies entering Hammerdale" etc etc, lame.

#23 TryHard, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I just want a damn portal system thats worth a damn.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    TryHard and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  5. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

No system message is better, because it allows me to scroach ore from dag on server up :wink:

Oresmacker likes this.
  6. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

All this does is make an arena system(I realize you want one)

City portal was basically just arenas, wait for city to get hit port and fight rinse repeat, it felt inorganic but having said that it did create bang, maybe portals could make a come back with altered mechanics long cooldowns and maybe they could be disabled by enemies by placing some disruptive device(It would be cheap to make or buy and would require close placement with a cast time)

#26 TryHard, Jul 12, 2017
    Sero likes this.
  7. MADtheMADDEST

MADtheMADDEST Competition Winner
    Streamer Legend ANN Reporter

Well the next podcast guest is the one who suggested this idea and then they put it in lol...so stay tuned for that!

TryHard likes this.
  8. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

I think they should just tie systems messages to towers. Get zapped, system report. "The guard tower in your_city has detected Enemy_player"

Sero likes this.
  9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

This.

A bunch of us in beta wanted something similar to this. The idea was to get rid of guardtower damage and make them like a spotter.

10. CottonEyeJoe

CottonEyeJoe Crypt Guard

I like the guard tower idea.

However, I'm not concerned about the identification on entry, more so on node tapping. I'd go home real quick if I knew some asshole was hitting my nodes. But as it stands, they get in, clean out the nodes, and you have no clue it even happened. And that is sad.

So you can either sit in your city all day waiting. Or go out and forfeit your city while your gone.

11. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

totally agree,but nodes must not be under tower,but i dont actually care because i wear arcane jewerly
    --- Post updated ---
    i dont even know why they touch system messages,because it not bring additional players,etc,they just doing shit and wasting time,useless job useless updates dead game 200 online,aye lets remove system messages to kill pvp

12. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

How about no message when entering and just a single message when starting on a node but no repeat message unless they stop their hitting and restart creating a new single message. This allows some stealth but also a little info should people be paying attention to system.

13. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

I'm on the fence with this one. In some ways I like the new system so people can sneak around more and steal from unprotected holdings. On the other hand there was much more pvp when we had system messages and portal chambers. Many times we would be dueling in one city and see 2-3 guys raiding another city and portal over to get a fight. Now if that happens 1. You don't even know, so no fight will happen 2. You can't get to your other city fast enough even if you did know since portals are gone.

14. Nirazu

Nirazu Deadeye
    Hero

I think the change is good that there are no default system messages, if you don't want to announce it you shouldn't have to. However I think that there should be an easy way to announce that you are in an enemy city. For example if I go to raid an enemy city for pvp and it's empty, how can i get them to come back? Currently there's no way to do so. Obviously this would have to be completely optional, and the only purpose it would serve is to let the owners of the holding know that you are there and looking for a fight.

Give the people pvp if they want it but don't force it on them.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  15. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I don't like the messages at all. War Dec or city ones. I like to go solo into cities sometimes. I would rather it not tell the 15 people I'm in the city before I can even see them to make a judgement call to fight or not.

That's fine put it on the nodes.

*one guy hits the nodes*

*other 12 kids load up tongue rots at bind stone*

#35 Oresmacker, Jul 12, 2017
    Dixie Normus and kilrath81 like this.
  16. liphe101

liphe101 Goblin Scout

Just say no to system messages at all. Without a way to filter the spam of system messages the whole tab is essentially worthless. There should be no magical message telling you where or what someone is doing. Every clan should be in some sort of comms or at least pay attention to clan/alliance chat enough to tell others about intruders.

17. Bans

Bans Goblin Scout

As a (bad) pvpr I was able to get into a city last night, move around and los the towers. I was able to kill and gank 1 active player and 1afk player. I got their loot and was able to leave their city as 4+ people recalled in.

If system messages were in, as I was sneaking around I would have been ganked and never been able top kill/fight back.

I much prefer this way, as small group's and solo players can still hit cities. System messages just encourage recall swarming.
    You still have to get in and out quickly because of voip, but typically only after you engage someone.

Dixie Normus and kilrath81 like this.
  18. Hate

Hate Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Yea, no to system messages. If you populate a city this won't really be a problem. People don't even need to guard, people coming and going should notice and if people are actively living in the holding and tapping the nodes, how many resources is a raider really getting?

This suggestion only promotes dead holdings.

19. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

#fuckobeesho

20. skreww L00se

skreww L00se Undead Dwarf
    Legend

The game is a lot better without the messages. It makes raiding cities retarded.