Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Take possession of your holdings

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by TryHard, Jul 26, 2017.

1. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

If you are a medium / big clan and you own hamlets through alt clans please disband and take the citys on the real clan.

These shadow games are annoying and half the hamlets in bad spots are just owned by alt clans and also reduce the quality of in game politics.

Also if someone actually wanted to make a move on a big clan they may want to drop two sieges on one night... well holding hamlets and citys on alt clans = double the war dec price for the clans who may want to try to take these holdings.

TLDR Take your holdings on your main clan, quit remaking clans every 3 weeks its messing with the in game bang and politics.

#1 TryHard, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    strangereligion and Good Friday like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Celestial
    Legend

Lol

TryHard likes this.
  3. TryHard

Legend

Lets be honest how many clans have "remade" now under a new tag simply to remain anonymous except to the politically adept players? Alot of the vet clans are guilty of this.

Its time to find the new dune rats, we need clans to hunt.

(We are the content, we are the sand in the box)

#3 TryHard, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Good Friday likes this.
  4. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

There's no point in consolidating all the holdings into one tag. The old motivation for that was:
    • It created a portal network between all the holdings.
    • There were siege politics, so you wanted to prevent sieges occurring at the same time between clans in the same alliance.
    Now there's no reason to siege except for PvP because the politics aren't there and coincidentally neither are the portal chambers.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Without system messages and portal networks there's no reason to have your holdings under one tag.

Fengor, RootedOak and Myater like this.
  6. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I don't own my holding anymore gave them to newb clans. Sold one to washed up and zag got sieged by midnight nation.

I only have my clan House Ironwrath for my alt and family members that don't play anymore.

TryHard likes this.
  7. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

i'll hold onto that house for you ? ;)

8. TryHard

Legend

I agree with most of what you said, except for "There is no point" clearly one of the great benefits of having a holding on an alt clan is that many people have no idea who actually owns it and wont even make a move on even crappy hamlets that have no meaning.

9. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Maybe we should let the devs work on that. I mean, a simple tax system can work.

10. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Thats a sad story if i ever heard one

Nat likes this.
  11. Zorak

Zorak Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Sorry that you solo sieged our hamlet and expected to win. We have owned Banagar since the start of the server and have built it up for ourselves. If you want to take it, bring more than just a naked in a robe. Might is right.

12. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I've never thought hiding a holding behind an "unknown" tag as an option. I wouldn't really consider that a tactic.

Mc Nasty likes this.
  13. TryHard

Legend

I am not saying its a tactic, its just what has happened. 3 hamlets I tried to take were all owned by alt clans :)

14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Were you perhaps trying to solo cap them? As for my clan, we have several guys that could name who owns every holding regardless of clan tag.

TryHard likes this.
  15. TryHard

Legend

I already commented on this. (EDIT: I recently did try a solo cap, but my first 2 sieges were not, I will have a succesful solo siege, I simply fucked up streaming the drop live LOL)
    ^You are one of the politically adept in this game AKA you have been around so long you know everybody and what they are up to. New clans have no clue whats going on, I believe it was a big factor for why clans like finstack left. Their clan bank heists obviously played a part but I believe the in game politic scene also had a major role.

I appreciate you taking the time to address my concerns it meens alot to have a back and forth here that is not toxic.

16. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Yeah it's difficult to handle the political connections in this game. Devs have said that eventually they'll make official alliances with names, that link all the holdings to a single "alliance tag". They should also make a deed craft for holdings so you can sell a holding through a deed. No sane person wants to transfer a holding by making their whole clan sit at a fake siege.

Mc Nasty and TryHard like this.
  17. Numb

Numb Skeleton Archer
    Hero

You should join BPG. Also ur clans wants to know if you're coming back from Albion anytime soon.

18. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb

I've still never tried Albion. #mad

Numb likes this.
  19. Harley Franklin

Legend

Man there is no on playing, grab yours balls and seige it if you want it lmao
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry didnt read the post but you are trying to solo cap a holding? Like 1 man it?

20. TryHard

Legend

So just siege a holding with my 3 mane clan and then end up fighting a major clan? Cuz thats what happened.

I did drop a siege and find out some bigger clan was populating it... I am not salty about the drop costs, just the shadowplays.