Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

[Team B] PvE Feedback & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Metalkon, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Metalkon

Metalkon GM Team Lead
    Staff Member Team Lead

Greetings Everyone!

Please post your feedback and any suggestions here regarding anything PvE related while Team B is regularly making PvE patches for the game. We will keep an eye on this thread though understand that the changes that can be made are mostly limited to existing assets and mechanics and there is a lot of information that we cannot share.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Blaze, Geezy and KingLlama like this.
  2. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

-We should only have 1 fire dragon spawning prime time between 8pm- 11pm whit a global message in Agon when he spawn and drop 3-4 120 potions.

-1 dungeon per day should have the daily quest reward triple, that dungeon should appear on the player world map so that everyone see it.

-Trade route should be cut in half distance.

#2 BeatIt, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

I would like to see new loot similar to sealed treasures. For example:

Enchanter's Satchel: Random mix of enchanting materials.
    Map Atlas: Random assortment of maps.
    Small Sack of Gold: 100 to 500 gold.
    Large Sack of Gold: 3000 to 10,000 gold.
    Geologists Pack: Random assortment of rare ores.
    ...and so on. I think these would be simple but very neat additions to the game.

It would be nice if there was Q6 gems for all viable enchants, including banes, bludgeoning protection, etc. Why not?

Please add new bane recipes for monster types that don't have one. I would love to have banes for vermin, giants, etc.

rats, elijahzvaughn, koruun and 5 others like this.
  4. KingLlama

KingLlama Winterbound
    Supporter Lifetime

Mob Weekends, Each weekend has double loot to create more pvp hotspots around the world.

48 Hour Safe Noob Time instead of 24 hours.

rats, soulpcbr, Brando Pando and 5 others like this.
  5. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Deadeye
    Benefactor

Titles could grant small PvE bonuses, giantslayer=+1 damage vs giants, golemslayer=+1 dmg vs golems, that sort of thing for the title you got active.

Malediction should return, players should be immune to it, and it should greatly boost debuff magnitude and time vs mobs, so 7ks are less cancer to kill.

There should be an item for gold sink that enables you to spawn night mobs at day. Same item should be able to scale spawn higher for 1x cost, for as long as you stay. Good gold sink, and encourages longer pve trips for higher chance for pvp.

Spawn scaling should be bigger for low tier mobs for faster titles/quests. It is cool that q4 mobs only scale up 1-2 times, but q1-3 mobs should scale super hard.

7ks should be able to drop onyxes for stuff that does not have q6, like banes/pve banes/acid and other prots, waterbreathing.

6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

mobs

Fix the crog. They don't drop enough q3 horns. With the current state of spawn scaling, they must be super shitty now. I should expect them to be as good as the flesh golem.

Shroud knights drop Q1 horns instead of q2 horns which is really weird. Make them always drop 2 q2 horns: 100% chance.

Move the 8 fire giants spawn out of the fire dragon's reach. It's the best fire giant spawn in the game, but not many has the chance to camp it. I wake up early before work so the fire-dragon above is always up.

Items & enchants

In pve, infliction shouldn't be as impactful if if you don't have infliction protection rings. I feel like it's an absolute must to have that against certain mob which is annoying. Give us more based infliction protection against mobs only. With an infliction prot ring, it should overwrite that.

It's super annoying to transmute. In fact, you just need to transmute R40's to be efficient in pve. Either give us self-buffs to apply elemental damage on melee weapons while reducing their normal damage or follow the current staff crafting logic: elemental, unholy, holy: new craftable melee weapons.

#6 Scrapnotcrap, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  7. Geezy

Geezy Crypt Guard
    Loyal Supporter

First off, thanks for taking the time to listen to potential feedback and suggestions. I think I speak for a lot of the playerbase when I say that Team B has been doing pretty solid work, and the rate of patches has been a nice surprise... well done!

This. Right now, there's no real reason to farm low level mobs with multiple people; realistically it slows down your gp/h considerably. I mean, I realize why there was a potential need to reduce spawn scaling at the top, but when (for example) you go to a windlord spawn that typically got up to 12-13 and was profitable for 2-3 people, but now only scales up to 5, you can't farm it as a group anymore.

Loot tables need to be looked at for several mobs... Krakens come to mind immediately.... really terrible loot, considering you need 4 guys to farm them efficiently. Demons as well; they are arguably as hard as Champions, yet the loot pales in comparison.

Earrings. Make them enchant-able perhaps? Or at least let more variety drop from mobs (the only one I've seen lately is the gold earrings from pirate mobs). Craft-able would be nice as well, but that's probably beyond your scope.

If there is any way to enhance the map, to perhaps not just list mob spawns, but as well as their approximate drops, that would be an absolute Godsend for new players (and some veterans). I'd say that's one of the top 3 questions I see in new player chat, "what mob drops X item" or "what mid level mob has the best gold drop" etc.

If you guys want to keep a little mystery in the game, attach it to a task-line, and have each step in the task line unlock a little more information (or perhaps start from easy mobs, and eventually 'unlock' the loot tables for hard mobs). Example: kill 100 mobs from particular monster families (easy mobs). Or maybe think outside the box: complete 3 trade routes (something that is already kept track of in the player journal iirc), or capture 10 DIFFERENT villages (give a lore reason as to why the player would be 'learning' more about potential mob spawns in Agon). Send them on a fetch quest to the center dungeon maybe? Visit X differently named map tiles? There are quite a few possibilities.

rats, quietnoobz and KeredCaltith like this.
  8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I've made a suggestion about making night mob spawn. I want moonstones to be added in the lootable and used as self buff to trigger those spawn. +1 on that; i wouldn't mind to see them being sold from various npc's.

Why do ppl consider Q3 enchants to be trash? Who has started that? Q3 helmets are very not good at all; i'll give you that. Q3 horn is the only type of q3 type that's way too hard to get. Q3 lifeforce is quite annoying too, but still worth it to go for it. I kill forest golems for that.
    Q3 is what you shoot for when you want to mass-up on pvp ready bags and that's what i always do. I only start massing on q4 bags when i got plenty of q4 mats. I like to do 1 trip at the crafting stations.

If they make low lvl spawn scale-up again, they risk on becoming better or just as good as some top tier spawn. I'll know just where to go to be rich off that. The point should be to get you started with them, not to make them become worth it. I'd easily make 10+ shards per hour too if they do that.

Geezy likes this.
  9. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Buff sithras:
    • Quick fix: Buff attack speed.
    • Cooler fix: Give them a champion weapon style buff and have them add an elemental DoT on hit when buffed, and an elemental debuff on 4th hit. These things are expensive and are relatively weak in PVP, they should be good for something.

Buff kraken baseline loot maybe? I don't know how good their top loot can potentially be, but getting 5k gold, a couple of ship modules, and 1 ink is definitely terrible considering you (in theory) need a ship and either a lot of time or several people.

As others have stated, more slayer enchants would be welcome (could reutilize the discontinued staff transmute recipes):
    • Giant slayer (icejarl family, cairn giants, fire giants)
    • Arachnid slayer (achrid and spider families)
    • Knight slayer (shadow knight, black knight)
    • Make erodach vulnerable to dragon slayer (because lore and because they're not affected by any slayer enchant)

Reduce magnitude of shadow knight bleed attack by 25% (currently deals ~45 damage if not enchanted for infliction protection).

Rebalance erodach q5 cinder drops to be more reliable (ie if it's say an average of 1 per kill right now, make it drop 1 100% of the time instead of having it sometimes drop none).

Buff gardoroc, gargantua, erodach, dark dragon loot tables. Specially gardorocs and gargantuas.

Remove catalysts from tomb iklit dungeon quests, make it roll twice for 20 q3 mats or 3 rare ores each roll (ie you can get 6 rare ores, 20 q3 and 3 ores, etc). Also fix the ability to get credit for both quests simultaneously and potentially disable the /partyoffer commands.

Village loot seems absurdly bad at the moment, too. Even if you can billboard for 1k gold and take it for free, the loot doesn't seem worth the time spent (for reference, there are several spawns in the game where you can make 100k+ per hour between gold and mats while not needing to risk good gear, and a village will take about 10 minutes if you take into account loading screens and capping points).

The Red King, Billy Lee and Geezy like this.
  10. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

Another nice quick addition would be to add a toy tab to the market, it would be much easier to browse/sell them.

soulpcbr, Volfen and The Red King like this.
  11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

maybe add alternating spawns live for periods of time for the triple loot?

KingLlama likes this.
  12. nightblighter

nightblighter Gravelord
    Patron

I actually had a bunch of PvE notes Jotted down, so this thread is perfectly timed.

Mob behavior and health. I think it would be cool if you tried experimenting with making mobs that were stronger/harder but without having large health pools. The excessive amount of time it takes to kill most mobs is a drag on excitement. I find the spawns that I have the most fun at are spawn scaled up to 6-8 plus mobs and the difficulty is sort of in the medium-hard range. Svartdvergir summoners are a good example of this. I get satisfaction from killing mobs at a regular clip more than downing one high hp mob. Perhaps you could experiment with spawning mobs during spawn scaling that are at half health, but have aggression behaviors and maybe damage turned up a bunch. Add the prefix “Vicious” to differentiate them from the normal spawns.

Slightly related to the above point, you should try fixing the dumb thing where mobs slow run away from the player when healing, thus giving up their back and sealing their death. Then lower the health of those mobs as compensation.

Dungeons. I had a thought that a dungeon that forced you to progress thru mobs sort of like most theme park games could be an interesting experiment. Not sure how exactly this could be accomplished, but maybe have a bunch of mob camps where the leash range extends infinitely back into the dungeon. Thus you would need to kill thru everything in order or run thru some camps and risk it. There should be a boss at the end.

Kraken. It would be cool if the kraken wasn’t a static spawn, but at least semidynamic, and there was a way to track it. Then perhaps there would be a greater chance of pvp happening on the high seas if multiple groups were tracking at the same time. With the removal of traditional sea villages the already small amount of sea content shrank considerably. Also maybe this would be a good excuse to buff the loot, if it worked out that people couldn’t 4 man the kraken with their 4 alts without getting hit by another group of players.

Turbo Cassowary. It would be interesting to have a type of monster that tests our skills at bhopping. Take one of the critters, for example the Cassowary, and give it a medium amount of health, rename it, and make it run like hell when attacked. Then the player will need to chase it either on a mount or on foot with begone, etc.

It could drop a large amount of the carcass bone/lean meat that critters normally drop. It would be even cooler if it dropped a new type of leather that could be used to make bags that are 2x as big as normal bags, to help with inventory management. The leather could also be used for future new armors. So rather than having a new random node spawn rare leather like existing rare ores, the leather comes off a critter running around in the wild.

Monster Maps. I wrote down this idea for Monster Maps awhile ago and I still think it would be cool: https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/content-idea-monster-maps.17066/ Monster Maps would be treasure maps you dig up and have to defend a treasure chest from opportunistic waves of mobs. MaxiHori had a cool twist that this could be done by talking to and then protecting random NPCs that wander the world. Either version would be cool!

Lore. I appreciate that you are trying to inject some lore into Darkfall, but I’m not sure lore book drops is the best way to do it. It would be nice to have some quests that give more context to “The Watcher”. Perhaps the quests could be time limited and represent some sort of story progression. That way every month or two there’s some little nugget to explore. Either way just romance me a little bit before you drop a bunch of lore words into a patchnote.

Physics. Enable physics on some mobs so I can knock them up and begone them. I think this was enabled early in Darkfall, but disabled due to exploiting (or maybe I’m crazy). So perhaps try enabling it on some mobs but call the big important stuff “Heavy” and keep it disabled.

Also if mobs could be affected by blinds that would be sweet.

Abilities. We should have some sort of counterplay options for some mob abilities. I think it would be cool if adept could purge some monster debuffs (like infliction damage from iklits) with maybe a longer cool down. Not sure what exactly it’s used for in pvp anymore but I definitely don’t want to do any pvp changes. Also maybe seize would be used more often if it interrupted mob spell casting. I occasional use seize to effect when mobs are running away, but it’s still mostly useless. Again, I don’t want to deal with any pvp changes just looking for ways to spice PvE up.

Mount Recipes. Add out-of-race mount recipes to certain spawns so that we can collect them to be able to craft all 6 racial mounts.

I'd also like to add that I am excited for this team A/B thing. Even if team B is relegated to minor mob changes and lore stuff, coming up with innovative ways to stretch those capabilities could produce interesting things. In our world of games as a service being able to offer regular updates is critical, even if they are minor.

#12 nightblighter, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    The Red King and KingLlama like this.
  13. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

I wrote a ton here and there..but ya mob points.

And make stats increase to 120 with grinding...makes no sense why you can gain them from 10-100 but at 100+ you need items to raise them. Make this change asap...Just have it grind really slow...but something!

Cyborg and SinSemilla like this.
  14. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Spellgazer
    Legend

Definitely agree

The Red King and SinSemilla like this.
  15. nightblighter

nightblighter Gravelord
    Patron

Here is the best suggestion I've ever come up with: Make bighorns try to ram and knockback players if they get too close. No need to thank me for saving RoA with this change.

Korag likes this.
  16. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Deadeye
    Benefactor

Oh, 1 more sort-of-Pve thing.

Make iron veins sometimes give the rare ores of the subcontinent they are in, so sele in mainland and the randomly spawning ones in the islands. Makes mining iron veins have a purpose again, otherwise you are better off logging on yssam/mining stone on niff for stats and titles and so on.

rats, Bartlebe and Billy Lee like this.
  17. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Stormgraive
    Tester

Have high end maps and keys had their loot tables fixed or do they still have a chance of dropping bone and other junk like +5 dex rings?

Really painful to do a theyril key turn in and get a bone helm with +5 mental protection :|

The Red King and Korag like this.
  18. KeredCaltith

KeredCaltith Goblin Shaman

https://www.riseofagon.com/news/pat...18-and-free-period-extension-until-april-2nd/
    ""Rare ore has been removed from standard nodes.""
    --- Post updated ---
    No reason to farm most mobs with someone else.
    No reason to farm with 3 people unless doing a few specific things.

You basically destroyed spawn scaling. before change you got +3 to spawn, now you get 1 or 2 if lucky
    Should be dependent on how many people you bring.

also now I have to farm pshards, basically everything dropping them isnt something i normally farm for gearbag mats.

have you seen the prices of q5?

All of this was done to create organic pvp.
    add 50,100 more people there will be more organic pvp. and there has been organic pvp at q5 and
    champ spawns since July.

Do you really think some newb wants pvp when hes trying to farm q3 mats?

Ideally just make a try hard mode were it keeps adding a mob until you die. (with autorez)

The Red King likes this.
  19. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

What we should have had instead of spawn scaling (which we do have some of, and the devs do seem to be kind of moving in this direction now) is a few very good spawns and then a ton of mediocre and crappy spawns, so the good spawns become hotspots and create value for the houses and cities around them, and the bad spawns are less risky for bad players.

20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I do not understand the desire for a bunch of crappy spawns.
    We should def have good spawns that would attract pve/pvp but all spawns should have some sort of use or reason to be in game other wise they are a total waste. Even if the reason for a spawn is 1 ingredient to a mid to high end piece of gear it would make a lower end spawn worth doing.
    Much like the idea they said they would do with the current mob dropped gear, why are we not seeing recipe's drop? So that people can make the mob dropped gear at player crafted qualities? That would be a huge reason to go out and farm all sorts of different mobs. 1 recipe per piece of gear = amazing reason to go out and farm + more gear options