Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

[Team B] PvE Feedback & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Metalkon, Nov 20, 2018.

1. nightblighter

nightblighter Gravelord
    Patron

Anything that could be added that could be done with ships would be great. I don’t even know what to suggest because i dont know what’s possible for team B. Could they create new monsters that require ship cannons to damage? NPC ships would be great.

2. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I will soon post a video about how fun it actually is to kill forest golem solo with fire daggers and shield.

I seriously think that shielding against every melee mob in the game should be a reliable tactic. crafting top ranked shields should be highly encouraged in pve.

Currently, the melee animation for most mobs is way too fast so a shield is never that reliable. I should be able to block or dodge every hit.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    The Red King likes this.
  3. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

That could be a good fix to making PVE more enjoyable. Mobs should have better telegraphing animations. Increase the damage significantly on mobs and make them telegraph it better so that theres more risk but also engagement with PVE.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  4. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Revamp trade routes. There's been plenty of good suggestions already so refer to those.

Forgotten, Fengor, Bartlebe and 2 others like this.
  5. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Sea Pvp

every 4 hours or so a zone in agon should appear on the map.

In this hot sea zone u should be able to gather items/rare ore/maps even 110-120 pots rarely until depleted, of course u would need a boat that can fit a fishbox.

the hot sea zone can appear anywhere and any seize

6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

About veilron golem & neithal golem

Veilron

Both veilrom golems must be moved closer to a better spawns to make them become worth farming.

The veilron golem on the top left on yssam must be moved closer to the 2 raptor spawns. These 2 raptor spawn must both contain 2 raptors instead of 1. If you do that, farming that golem for an hour will be worth it and you could get plenty claws too.

With a spawn of 3 or 4 earth elemental that could spawn next to the veilron golem near mehatil, it would be fine. A solo player would be able to cycle veilron golem, earth ele, raptors, earth ele, veilron golem...

Neithal

1 neithal golem in that island doesn't look good at all. The simplest thing to do is to move the bloodknight spawn to where the neithal golem is. 1 blood knight? 2 Blood knight? You decide.

There's either nothing around the other neithal golem or the other spawns are too far away. You'd have to move that closer to the 2 fire giant spawn or you'd have to change the child of khamset spawn to make it become worth cycling.

PS. i'd even argue that we should remove 1/2 of neithal golem & veilron golem spawn. Take those 2 golems and put them both in one spawn. We almost always need neithal and veilron ingots to craft melee weapons so it's only right that you allow us to kill them both in the same spawn.

#26 Scrapnotcrap, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    rats and Blaze like this.
  7. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

I have always wanted to see time progression mob spawns the longer the spawn is left untouched the larger it grows and eventually can even over run near NPC cities and player cities as well the key to making this interesting is also to amplify boss style mobs per each 20 or so Warrior type mob spawns

8. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Pretty much all PvE past beginner is aids. Mobs have too much HP which results in the game playing more like a mobile clicking app game than a mmorpg that uses fps aiming. You may as well enable tab target aiming for PvE with the current mid to high end pve TTKs. Would save a lot of peoples wrist and fingers...... and sanity. Not to mention when your completely zoned out trying to PvE in DFO (while retaining your sanity) its really hard to stay focused and alert which means you are easy prey for PKs who by nature already have many advantages when the fight starts.

Mobs should have weak points (and not just 'back damage'). Not even necessarily damage increases either. Like you knock the spell book out of the mobs hand and it can only melee, or hitting the legs makes them walk slow enough you can easily kite them. Maybe other things as well like fire spells/transmutes makes elf shades unable to teleport. Just things to shake up PvE meta and provide actual tactics to killing mobs other than 'leash at this point and spam X or grab x number of friends and dagger'.

9. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

This!!!!!

Also make Raptors way faster and hit harder / mobs already have the reflect spell but it doesnt work..

#29 The Red King, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  10. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Pretty sure it has been mentioned somewhere but the key chests (veilron) and all others at least below Leenspar need some loot rework.

Billy Lee likes this.
  11. Metalkon

Metalkon GM Team Lead
    Staff Member Team Lead

Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions (much more suggestions than feedback though), unfortunately most of the type of suggestions posted in this thread are beyond what Team B is currently capable of but we will do what we can while keeping it all in mind.

12. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

For sure. Put simply, you shouldn't find any junk in a treasure chest, everything should be useful. R30 bows with +1 dextery and low tier rings with +1 vitality take away from the fun of opening chests.

rats, Blaze, KoKane and 3 others like this.
  13. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

I've turned in a lot of neithal keys in the last 24 hours and I've gotten maybe 3 Neithal Ore.
    The gold profit of buying them and turning them in is marginal, but still worthwhile if you farm near a chest...
    However, the rest of the loot from the key is laughable.

Clearly elements of this game were designed before any gameplay ever took place. It feels very antiquated when compared to the modern DF experience we have now.

Billy Lee likes this.
  14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I think the gold is fine, just need to get rid of all that super crap that comes with it.. I always just delete on the spot, chanting mats are fine but the rest.

15. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Patron Legend

I'm a huge sucker for sea fighting and would love something like this.

On top of a daily dungeon that gives triple rewards (as was mentioned earlier) what about daily tasks to kill certain mobs? Or some way to earn Nithron coins IG by completing daily tasks?

Fengor likes this.
  16. Geezy

Geezy Crypt Guard
    Loyal Supporter

I noticed that you can search for the toys in the market by searching 'toy' now. Maybe this was a ninja patch in regards to your suggestion?

Something that I've noticed is that mobs have the ability to drop fine, exceptional, and peerless items; I'm pretty sure the last two have better stats than even player created stuff, which seems odd to me. (Nothing major, just like a slight damage and speed increase for weapons, and a slight buff to defense stats and reduction in encumbrance for armors). Just makes me wonder how possible it would be to add these modifiers to player crafted gear, seeing this code is already in the game for mobs?

Billy Lee likes this.
  17. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Neil hotfixed the toy search :) As for the rest of your post, I was thinking about that too. It would be neat if you could get weapon augment stones and armor augment stones (working names) that would upgrade your item to the next tier. Cool as it would be, power creep can be an issue, but if the stones are difficult enough to get that they do not become mandatory, I think it could work.

Geezy likes this.
  18. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

The quality system does produce better than or equal to player crafted at the upper end but the chances of the top couple tiers is very low. The original plan regarding this system of mob dropped item quality was to use it in a sort of salvage system to extract a material to improve items. Such that you could make peerless or immaculate player crafted items which would be even better. This was planned to be a part of artisan crafting skills. We had some design and technical challenges that ended up shelving the ideas for now though.

We are planning a salvage and upgrade type system still and there is planned a salvage system in embers of war for one or more of the new TCS resources.

Geezy likes this.
  19. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Fantastic patch! This is really encouraging stuff :) I think it would be really awesome to see all the banes added, at least the more important ones for starters. That would be a huge boost to pve fun, a great way to use up junkier enchanting mats. In tandem with this, perhaps you could show the monster type beneath the monster name.

A cool way to design the recipes would be to use the lowest value enchanting materials for the best/most abundant monster types.

20. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

drop rate of basic ingredients in cooking needs to be buffed.

The most simplistic items for making good food are rare as fck