Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

[Team B] PvE Feedback & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Metalkon, Nov 20, 2018.

1. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Emet drop rate could use a looksie, IMO.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Grimtide, Fengor, Blaze and 2 others like this.
  2. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

Agreed. I think the greater celestial loot table in general needs some love.

KeredCaltith and Blaze like this.
  3. KeredCaltith

KeredCaltith Goblin Shaman

You made it harder to farm anything. While making it more expensive to fast travel (pshard price has lowered a lil) but I still feel discouraged.
    The prices of most enchanting mats have gone up a lot...
    #4 pve. #2 enchanting all time high score.
    Cant 500$ ptw pack so i guess im taking a break..

4. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Gold is easy to make. I make 70k per hour solo. A lot of spawn sux to me now.
    I can't believe that i'm still not getting jumped at my spawn. Yet, the shit i put on the market goes away instantly.

As for P-shards, it's easy. Cap VCP's. As you farm, you should be able to make up to 7+shards per hour or you just haven't found the right mob for that yet.

Cost on enchanting mats is high due to how easy it is to make gold per hour. We talking 25k(DFO) vs 70k(ROA).
    I feel sad for the noobs since the gap is clearly a lot bigger. I mean, it's way too easy to make q5 bags now while a noob is left with no enchants at all when you gank them.
    Back in DFO, q2 was the norm. Everything above was for the hard workers.
    Q5 is slowly about to become the norm now. The only reason i'm not carrying q5 bags now, it's because i do my own enchant and i almost got 100 enchanting skills(I'm tired of making enchanting bags for crafters; it's tedious as fuck).

I never had to purchase any p-shards and i'm constantly using them. I got like 20 or 30 left.
    --- Post updated ---

I haven't farmed in a long time and i now got 60 p-shards; made 22 p-shards in 1 hour. This is crazy.

5. Metalkon

Metalkon GM Team Lead
    Staff Member Team Lead

Please post any constructed feedback regarding todays patch in here or in the patch discussion thread if you can.

6. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

I haven't gotten to really test anything, but I really like what I saw in the patch notes. However, I do think that it would be prudent to provide more detail when writing them up because I think ambiguity tends to upset people. Mentioning "resource containers" is not sufficient because we don't know what they are.

It would be nice if there was more detail about the spawn changes, especially if it applies to dungeons because you can't browse what's inside them from the map. It's also pretty brutal that there is no in-game way to tell how many monsters are at each spawn, it's burdensome to have to trek long distances to check every spawn, that makes it tough to know if it's ideal for solo, duo, a large group, etc.

Lastly, considering the importance of rare ore golems within the game, I really think it would have been better if the loot and difficulty changes were explained a bit. Same thing with trade routes and villages, because I think that without any overview people tend to have negative impulsive reactions. The patch looks good but again, the lack of information upsets people a lot from what I've seen and I do think it would look better to new players if there was more reasoning provided behind key changes. It's important that the reader has a good first impression of changes because once they have made up their mind (typically in a few seconds) they probably will not change it and it creates a lot of negative chatter.

Scrapnotcrap, aerodude and Poetent like this.
  7. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

remember that team-B can only change some numbers around.

8. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

Moving oathlieges out of dwarflands and into middle map is just a waste of time and will likely lose activity in game. Middle map is for top tier monsters and oathlieges are middle at best. No one will go to mid map to farm oathlieges. I personally am not traveling from my home in Hymeland to mid map to farm oathlieges.

My suggestion would be to return them to where they were and just lessen / remove pshards from their loot table if that was the main reason for moving them. There was increased activity in those areas where the oathlieges were located and now that oathbounds are in those areas I can guarantee you, no one will farm those.

9. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

So i heard evil eyes got removed from the bakathuk dungeon.

I think it's fine to fix or remove broken stuff like evil eyes who kept on killing each others, but bakathuk is probably super terrible now. gray orks not worth it since they don't drop q4 taint and everything else is meh.

I'm saying that you have removed a hot spot from the game; a place in which it was pretty easy to find pvp. You had to be careful in there.

#49 Scrapnotcrap, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  10. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Would Team B be able to add the arrow protection penalty back to greataxe and polearm power attacks? Now that piercing and arrow are two different damage types these weapons were indirectly nerfed.

Korag likes this.
  11. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

i like new mob spawns,seems much better now than old chaotic spawns
    --- Post updated ---
    you dont need someone else,all mobs is soloable with r1 bolt,and this is great.
    if you want to play with friends you go play LoL,casual kid

12. Geezy

Geezy Crypt Guard
    Loyal Supporter

I'm working on the Dark Dragon task, but it's kind of difficult. There are now only two spawns in the world, with 1 dragon each...

Also Erodach, the only mob in the game that drops Q5 cinder (besides Fire Dragons) only have one spawn now as well. Only 1 Baradron spawn, Gardoroc spawn, etc.

The mob disparity, for mobs that drop Q5 mats, just seems really odd. 5 spawns of demon queens, but only 1 of quite a few of the others?

KeredCaltith, Grimtide and Billy Lee like this.
  13. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

A couple of things that could be considered would be reducing the respawn timers and/or increasing Q5 yield. I do like having fewer spawns in some cases because it increases conflict. Demon Queens are a good source of Q5 materials but they also have less potential for rare items. Totally get what you're saying though, good points.
    --- Post updated ---
    On another note, even though I didn't get to try the new trade route experience or open any resource containers, I am a big fan of them. Being able to buy and sell them on the market opens up new opportunities and you could even trade them or hand them out as prizes for player run tournaments, or whatever. I think the idea can be taken a step further by adding a chance for higher tier resource containers, something like 80% resource containers, 15% silver containers, 4% gold containers, 1% platinum containers (working names, obviously). This can also be used with village loot to spice it up a bit and when we eventually get new items perhaps they could be in the higher tier containers only, or whatever. This sort of thing would enhance trade routes and villages by a decent margin imo.

Geezy likes this.
  14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

@Metalkon

Can you move the 8 fire giant spawn away from the firedragon? The only fire giant spawns we got left aren't that great and you've removed the good ones we had on yssam. It's ok to localise resources, but having the best fire giant spawn under the fire dragon is just annoying.

Something else i don't get.

Spawn scaling got nerfed which is fine, but you took away a spawn that had so many flesh golems. I don't think it's worth thinking about killing those anymore over the evil eyes(mid map).

We had a flesh golems+oaklord spawn. It has been removed. Instead, you expect us to farm flesh golems and water elementals? Who cares about water elementals? It's either that or flesh golem + malechar.

1 more thing.

I hope you didn't remove the 4 forest golem spawn. forest golem mixed with baradron spawn. It was the best source of q3 life force. If i can't find that on yssam, it's going to be hard again to stack-up on q3 life-force. If that is the case, the drop rate on q3 life-force must be buffed.

#54 Scrapnotcrap, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  15. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

That spawn got nerfed down to 4 fire giants.

16. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

4 is actually fine, but now, why even kill this fire dragon just to have them lol.

And we need an updated darkfall map asap. I don't feel going to a spawn blindly only to find out that there's only 1 earth elemental or something. It's really hard to feel motivated about anything except sieges these day.

17. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Sun Exarchs are still the worst "7k mob". Bone is an almost useless enchanting mat and they're still nerfed so that when they drop a key, their gold pile is cut in half. Veilron key = only 2k gold drop on mob...

Sero likes this.
  18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

PShard drop rates of mobs are still absurd and the market price reflects that. I like how villages reward them, but they shouldnt be the only viable method to acquire them.

WithoutShame and Korag like this.
  19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

forest golem and other mobs weaker but similar than it drop plenty of life force. Nice to have multiple but it is not needed with current system.
    --- Post updated ---
    please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Lee likes this.
  20. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

2k med points
    2k gold
    200 regular arrows....

Helllllooo???!?!? How hard could this be? Please explain how you make regular arrows worthless but give them as quest rewards??? Why the hell do I need 200 sulfer???
    there's quests that give 50 q3 mats....all Should be like this...Harder dung better q

#60 JEDIMind, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Billy Lee likes this.