Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

[Team B] PvE Feedback & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Metalkon, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

The mob i'm farming drops up to 19 p-shards per hour. It wasn't like that before; they used to drop 6-7 pshards per hour. If 4k for shards is the right price, i have just made 113k in total with everything else this morning. And it's not a hot spot at all.
    --- Post updated ---

@Metalkon

I think we need to know what's in for the future: what you got planned. I would like to know now because i'm confused about some of your changes on the new lootable.

Menhir stoneguard are worse than Custodians/Aelders. Why?
    Menhir stoneguard drop: 500g, q3 hearts, q2 horns, stones. I did not get one rare item like keys in a spawn of 2 after an hour.
    If only sentinels drop q4 lifeforce now, it will become very scarce. Most DF players farm solo and i'm not sure if sentinels can be farmed solo efficiently.

Stoneguard was simply good for raw gold. Now, ppl should avoid them.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sheep Ish

Sheep Ish Goblin Scout
    Hero

Just came back to the game a couple of weeks ago, and could already write an essay on all the horrible pve changes.... but rather than write an essay 95% of kids will TLDR I challenge some of the "B team" guys or even @Metalkon to go farm 1 q3 bag 1 q4 bag and 1 q5. The blatant issues will reveal themselves if you just play the game for a day.

p.s. maybe update some of the tasks? 2 eodrins in game can't melee them.... gl doing that shit task

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  3. Thrill Kill

Thrill Kill Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

What? You dont want to farm 1000s of mobs? Some of them are pretty bad and need a look!

4. Metalkon

Metalkon GM Team Lead
    Staff Member Team Lead

Here's a little list of some of the things that myself and Team B will be working on after the armor patch.
    • Loot table balancing
    • Quest and task updates
    • Dungeon updates
    • Another new skill
    There haven't been any portal shard updates ever since the week or so after they were removed from vendors.
    The regionalization update was primarily planned by multiple people in the game design team but I was involved with it to some extent and I was tasked with the dev work to add it to the game.
    Menhir stoneguards were not changed compared to their old version other than the removal of the rare q4 lifeforce and some replacement drops. I can look into them when balancing the loot tables.
    I will be working on attempting to balance the pve changes that had to be made for the regionalization patch, I know every monsters loot table very well from the total loot table revamp that I made for launch in 2017.

Scrapnotcrap and KingLlama like this.
  5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

@Metalkon do something about staves. we just have bb and cobra useful cuz speed.

why not try raise it a bit.. like make orkish 0.65 or 0.70 (with lesser magnitude)

Blaze and Thrill Kill like this.
  6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

@Metalkon

I just farmed a few icejarl this morning and they drop 500 gold. What's going on here? They don't even drop q4 mats no more. I just killed 4 because i was so disappointed. Instead, it looks like they only drop q1 hearts.
    To me, q1 hearts are actually valuable for major potions, but it just doesn't feel right... icejarls are quite useless now, there's better mobs for q1 hearts anyway.

Red mobs that drop good q3-q4 mats don't need to drop so much gold: only around 500 like minotaurs. Red mobs that drop useless q4 mats or none at all must drop a lot of gold: up to 900+.

Feedback on leather: Mobs like minotaurs and gnoll vilegaults drop 50+ leather. You become overweight too fast. I think we should reduce the weight on leather if they are going to be useful after the big patch with a good sink on them.
    --- Post updated ---

@Metalkon

Old ROA bug: Gorra dar can still be healed by gorra slave's projectile.

Gorra dar don't seem to scale up to 2 no more when they used to scale up when it was first capped at +1. Even with rage, i couln't manage to make them scale-up.

7. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Map fragments are dogshit. Killing an Erodach and getting 1/3 of a map is underwhelming and adds tedium. Pointless change.

8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I think they would be fine if they just dropped of smaller trash mobs giving them value but they should never drop from a high level mob. Pretty dumb actually

Fengor likes this.
  9. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

I think map fragments would be better if drop rates were increased. I don't mind getting 1/3 of a map but it's too hard to complete a set imo.

Blaze likes this.
  10. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Any change to loot tables should be documented and published. Silently changing loot tables is bad for morale. Curious what the policy is on this?

Fengor and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  11. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

12. Metalkon

Metalkon GM Team Lead
    Staff Member Team Lead

13. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Crypt Guard

Hot Zone: Shadowband had the "Hot Zones", basically a zone that becomes the hot spot and while its active exp gains, loot, and gold are all cranked up by 50%. Also while the hot zone was active it had a chance to drop "glass weapons" which did a ton of damage but had super low durability. I believe it had a 2 hour timer I (could be 3-4, was a long time ago) but once your favorite zone became the hot spot it was worthwhile to farm it for the resource you want or the glass weapon you seek.

I don't remember what it was called, but UW had that thing to where if mobs were killed in an area it filled up some type of meter and once full you could extract it with some type of zapper thing (sorry barely played UW) to collect loot. I think every major city had this so if people farmed up in a zone anyone could try to extract it for more loot. You could add the tier system to this to where the higher tier of gear you wear the better loot you will get. And if its a group of people doing the extraction, let it average the tier of the group and adjust accordingly.

And for the love of dear lord baby jesus reduce the weight of mats, or let us carry a shit ton more (still only allow 1 mount per).

Scrapnotcrap and Billy Lee like this.
  14. KoKane

KoKane Celestial

Greater Celestial Feedback

Should I be making a separate thread like the Sea Serpent one? Or is putting it in here fine?

Anyways:
    upload_2019-6-10_15-51-32.png

Sorry for the items being split, its the only point when I took the screenshot.

That's 2 people doing a 4 mob spawn, in 40 mins.
    Solo, you get less per hour. So that's good. (I've done a couple hours solo on it)

Killing the mobs themselves is kind of annoying. They have a very thin hitbox and are constantly moving. Melee is almost completely pointless because they are pure casters and will always flee to create casting distance.

The loot seems kind of alright. Average about 90 ash per kill, which is nice considering you use less bone to kill one.
    It's just unfortunate that Essences have become useless.
    I guess Holy Fibula is more of a rarer fibula to get.

So, overall, killing the mobs is particularly boring due to their spazzy nature, tanky hp and ofc their high damage r90's making you heal a lot. That's solo
    Duo seems to be much more easier to stomach.

I dont know if I'd adjust much in that lootpack, it seems fairly decent...
    But I'm making this post for a reason, and that is scaling.
    The mob spawn didn't scale with even +1, which I found to be unusual? Unless it's regarded as some boss mob or something? But even Guardians can scale.
    I dont see why a mob like this doesnt get +1 or +2 mobs, IF you're fast enough at killing them. The loot isn't THAT good, and if you are solo you probably wont notice it can scale.. but it facilitates group pve a bit better. imo

Billy Lee likes this.
  15. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

Such a good idea, like make one mob drop double loot for the weekend making it the most opportune time to farm it.

16. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Wipe all player holdings and make them mob spawns.

If they don’t get farmed the mobs “build up” their city. Once city is complete have them start spawning in the areas surrounding the holdings in greater numbers. If left unchecked have them run rampant across the countryside until they are put down.

Or let them go until the only area safe are the starter cities and the 6 races huddle there for safety waiting for the end times.
    --- Post updated ---

Wonder if they changed it because they used to scale like crazy back when I did the title. I was constantly dodging a bunch of them dropping aoes like crazy and healing. It was also at a double spawn I think somewhere on the mahirim/dwarf border I think.

17. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Make rise of agon funny and easy if you want many players...now its a second work...
    --- Post updated ---
    Add random mobs spawn (high rank) for give an incentive to explore the map....
    Duration of the spawn 1 hour the cd start after someone hit the mobs...

18. rats

rats Goblin Warrior

Not sure if this thread is still alive but a couple really easy things I would love is to put a chance for rare ores back in regular iron nodes and also make the broken chests and containers loot better and take out the old tools and useless items. I guess also make roots, rocks, crates and barrels less common but more loot so they are worth stopping for. Oh and one other thing fix some of the loot tables on mobs and I feel like the difficulty of some mobs is wrong on the maps but maybe I'm wrong.