Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Teaser video of upcoming map changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Sep 17, 2017.

1. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Hi everyone,

@kilrain has been hard at work on some map changes for you guys to be included in our upcoming patch and put together a short video to show off the new functionality. The first iteration of these changes will allow you to search for many types of locations in the world to be displayed on your map, including from the annotations that you make yourself. This will allow new and veteran players alike the ability to easily see monster spawn locations and other important spots on the map with great ease.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Ok

3. Lucan

Lucan Ghost
    Hero

Better late than never I guess

Brown Dorf, Forgotten, gosti and 2 others like this.
  4. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Contributor

amazing work !!

will use

5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

its great for new players. good job (lot better than dnd model)

Sero and mirim like this.
  6. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

good job :) Only a couple of months behind i guess

7. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

not late yet, when everything done they can make a free time, steam etc... this game is about hope.

Nat, Sameog, negocromn and 1 other person like this.
  8. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

its pretty fun these days..

#8 NonFactor, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017
    mirim likes this.
  9. mirim

mirim Goblin Warlord
    Legend

This is the good way, basic things first, the map, fast travel system, etc. You cannot carry on putting the cart before the horse , keep going, grtz

DAlonso likes this.
  10. Dreadseth

Dreadseth Goblin Warrior

If I type in Onyclusian corpseflesh?

quietnoobz likes this.
  11. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

Good stuff. If we can assign different colored markers to our annotations, that would be great. Instead of having "ore" on the map 1000x, just use yellow marker for ore, green for portals.

Edit: One should not watch short DF videos while driving, and then comment on them 10 hours later. On second watch, it appears to have some color coding. I like.

#11 Green Chili, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  12. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

nice some UW feature

quietnoobz, Circa and Fishsauce like this.
  13. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Do the mob spawns come pre-marked or do we still need to annotate them ourselves?

14. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Spawns are listed automatically. Right now they label it the first mob in the list that shows up, but over time I will improve it to show all mobs, the numbers to expect and other information as well. More stuff like politics will be added as well.

Uncle Jo, Nat, RootedOak and 6 others like this.
  15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

That must have been Jotaro's world map. Replace the ore with ora

16. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

i'm sure it hinges on right click, which i use for other things, unless it's set as a key that can be changed they're going the wrong direction, never lock a players mouse down

17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

The only thing on the map that requires right clicking atm is setting waypoints and the only thing that I'm aware of that will cause conflict is using right mouse button for the UI toggle because when you are out of GUI mode the right click can be used for other actions.

If you happen to use right click to toggle the GUI then I recommend button remapping software. I would also highly recommend not getting attached to AHK or AutoIT as they will soon be blocked.

Slayven and kilrath81 like this.
  18. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

@kilrain its not about auto anything, i never scripted, i use a 14 button mouse as my disability makes it nearly impossible for me to use a keyboard the way others do. telling me to use a third party program in order to be able to have access to my right mouse button, tells me the direction that BPG wants to go and their attitude towards their customers. you guys are no better than AV when it comes to actually listening and thinking about what customers are saying. if i'm the only vocal one, there's probably a percentage of the players who would agree, for one reason or another, that you should not be putting in a mandatory use of the mouse buttons. at a minimum you should put the usage in the keybinds options so that we have a choice. instead, you choose the ' download something to help you because we don't care' route.. nice, real nice.

it's about functionality and the ability to choose how i use my buttons. the map changes look great, my issue is with the right click, which you've agreed already has been tied into other features of the UI. one of the primary reasons i've rarely logged in tbh, when you make the game difficult for me to play, i no longer play it. i use my keys/buttons for what i wish. when a game dev feels that he/she knows whats better for me than i do, i stop playing/paying for that game. design the game, design the map, make changes, be a dev, but if you do something I don't like, as a paying customer and someone who contributed to the kickstarter for this disaster you guys have dubbed RoA, i have the right to give my input, and my input is that your attitude stinks and forcing me to use the right mouse button without giving me the option to remap it, stinks even worse.

you do realize you told me to use a third party program right?

#18 Carrot Soup, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  19. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Could you make it so you can have an option in input options to change it?

Wes Furtive likes this.
  20. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We can look at this yes, the annotations is one of a few features that requires a right click function and there's more right-click required in the future likely as well. I'm not sure if there's any programming challenges to doing this, sometimes there can be weird scenarios that may not be feasible without rewriting portions of the GUI. We're going to be doing a focus on cleaning up the GUI at some point including bindings and other areas that need polish there, likely this will get pushed back to that time.

@Carrot Soup I'd recommend trying to setup a modifier key + right click to prevent having issues with the right-click functionality options. For example using shift+right click would allow you to get into the interaction mode using right click without messing up right-click functionality on other features. With the amount of choice and specialization with the game UI it's difficult to account for all possible needs for all players not using a standard setup. Hope that helps buddy!

-Andrew