Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Temporary Enchanting Fix(only Q4)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dotix, May 3, 2016.

1. Dotix

Dotix Air Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

There was an event yesterday and the winners got enchanted items of their choosing. The GM's were able to Q4 enchant everyones items by setting a characters skill level at 99 and stopping skill gains, why can this not be done to have people at least enchanting Q4. You guys have spells capped at 99.9 and they are not allowed to surge. If you do this for enchanting and cap is at 99 that means we can enchant Q4, which would make a lot of people happy because people aren't even playing atm until enchanting is fixed and we need as many people playing and testing every part of the game with enchanting included.

If possible change the Q5 mats in chaos chests to Q4 until it is fixed.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Aristos Giannes and Old John like this.
  2. Cruza

Cruza Akathar
    Supporter

Having the gm's manaully adjust everyone's enchanting level seems like a lot of time wasted. i would prefer them spending their time on fixing enchanting imo.

3. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Why would anyone not play because enchanting isn't in? Everyone is going to get the same advantages from enchanting the playing field will be exactly the same level.

Xipos<3 likes this.
  4. Dotix

Dotix Air Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

You must be new here. Not even going to argue with someone that doesn't know the game.

It is not manually adjusting anything, all it is is capping enchanting at 99 in the game code.

5. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

it actually make quite a considerable difference. right now the complaint is on destroyers running around in the best gear and rays doing like 15 damage. The problem is even if you out play them, in most cases you cant out last them. But with the mana efficiency enchant alone, it makes quite a noticable difference. When this happens you will see a shift in complaint from destros being op to mages being op.

6. Cruza

Cruza Akathar
    Supporter

--- Post updated ---
    A lot of people keep saying this but even whitout enchants this just isnt true, especially in the 1v1 scenario you are talking about. Sure, an average destroyer vs and average mage right now the destroyer wil win 9/10 times but a good mage will kite/blind a destroyer and stat up properly. Even whitout enchants you might not do that much dmg but for rays you can switch to a corpsecaller and if you juggle people properly they'l die quickly anyway.

7. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

But destros get what, magnitude and cast speed on staffs? (now that fizzles are gone, don't know if mana eff will be needed for them), stam efficiency, keens on weapons. They're gonna hit like trucks, take very little damage and still have pretty effective heals. Both mages and destro's will get damage bonuses, both will get more out of healing, and it will cost less of the stat they value most to do so. I understand mages will also get feather so their protections are going up but destros should be strong right now, Fizzling was the balance mechanic for heavy armor, and it sucked - something relying on chance is a cheap way to sort-of-but-not-really balance your game. But with destro's not having the drawback that effected everyone, but them most heavily, should mean they are unbalanced. Not that im arguing for fizzles back the change is good,it just causes a ripple effect that has to be addressed, and I'm not so sure that enchants are going to make the huge change people are hoping for.

Thanks bud

#7 GrimmyB, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  8. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

They use to get spell success for sure and im not to sure if it was magnitude or mana efficiency next but regardless with fizzles gone they will be going the same thing as a mage, magnitude(does magnitude effect transfers? and mana efficiency). All they will have to do, which im sure they are looking into would simply be reducing magnitude and cast speed based on encumbrance value. So destros will still be able to do everything as they can now, it will just take them more time to stat and on top of that, stat for less. Like you said, enchanting wont give people the huge change they are hoping for, but it will give a better view as to what needs to happen. At the moment enchanting is quite a crucial piece in longevity of fights so balancing shouldnt be done until we can see its full effect and then tweak around it.

GrimmyB likes this.
  9. Dotix

Dotix Air Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

It is not an opinion, it is just flat out false. If you knew how big of a difference enchanting makes you would understand, but you don't. The way you are talking about enchanting "I'm not so sure that enchants are going to make the huge change people are hoping for." did you even play DFO with enchanting or are you just talking completely out of your ass?

No, transfers are not affected by encumbrance or staff damage

10. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

So many little Luck's running around thinking "This is easy, I'm such a good destro!"

There's a reason that Luck was a snowflake, because playing destro is fucking hard. Once enchants get in, everyone rocking heavy armor right now is going to hit a brick wall of frustration. Just remember, it's not the game, it's you. Don't start crying about balance when this frustration hits you.

No.

11. Cruza

Cruza Akathar
    Supporter

No.

Hey, nice argument. keep them comming.

12. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Nice formatting bro

Clarence Swamptown and Animal like this.
  13. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Since enchanting has never been in the game at the same time as fizzles have been removed it actually is 100% an opinion, just like yours. It can't be a fact because it hasn't happened yet, you are speculating the same as me. Maybe your opinion will be right, and might later be a fact, but to state it as fact now is completely false because it has yet to be seen. Enchants make a huge difference yeah, but if everyone gets that huge difference then it's just playing at a different level. Your acting like there hasn't been a change between AV's server shutdown and now, but there has.It also used to be a lot harder to run around in full dragon for every fight, that stuff was for special occasions. It's fair to speculate and you acting like it isn't it just pathetic, and just because i don't remember the exact difference enchants make doesn't mean I didn't play, it's been 4 years I don't remember exactly how much mana you save per cast with efficiency, or exactly how many points of damage increase you can expect from magnitude.

14. Gotja

Gotja Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

it takes 12.5 stats to use a ray, takes 5 stats to use a arrow

15. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

staff magnitude is broken, once enchanted cobras are back all those heavy sets are going to melt

16. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Enchanting is fixed, just to clarify the Archiver is broken. That's the thing that mashes everything into nice little dfdata.sfad files for your client to read. It doesn't mean we've stopped progressing we have someone working on the Archiver, and others are still working on other various fixes and enhancements.

The error in Enchanting is Client side, you can't drag and drop the materials into the window for whatever reason. As a mage it's a huge inconvenience to me as well, but it will be patched as soon as it can be.

Bloodscar likes this.
  17. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Transmutes. At least, for me that's the huge difference i'm waiting for. I was able to get a transmute made for me from an event and the damage difference against a heavily geared opponent was greater than 10 points to the front, and about 20 to the back.

Also people need something to do besides roaming for pvp. Farming for enchanting mats will help populate the world and give people a reason to log in.
    --- Post updated ---
    Can we volunteer to pay that guy overtime so he gets it done faster? (only partly joking)

18. Lahmage

Lahmage Deadeye
    Hero

GMs are not coders..

19. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

People are gonna be bored of enchanting within an hour. Destros will not only have basically free full dragon (if you remember this always rekt mages in the history of DF especially for hybrids) but now they're going to have stam eff, q5 fire & slashing, capped weapons, q5 encum and casting speed.

Not to mention everyone will run out of mats insanely quickly.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sure there's a lot of newbie heavy lords about but this isn't really the case. Look back and remember that most tournaments at infernal+ were heavy dominated, at least on EU where people knew how to play it. Enchants buff both sides of the fight.

Of course the bad players will remain bad just as the bad mages will stay bad.

20. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

And mages will have massive boosts to their damage, mana efficiency, and increased protections thanks to feather. Or they can use transmutes like me and just ignore dragon armor altogether.