Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Territory Control System

Discussion in 'Design Discussions' started by MWTaylor, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaze

Blaze Undead Dwarf

+1

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    ijharb likes this.
  2. game_dead

game_dead New Member

a lot of people will come back for this if you guys don't take too long to release. I know my entire clan will come back for sure.

Sero likes this.
  3. Blaze

Blaze Undead Dwarf

whos your clan?

4. Dagon Raysler

Dagon Raysler Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Like the idea of new/better rank names that fit better with the setting/lore. Possibly limit them based on clan size. 1 SG per 50 member, 1 General per 25....something to that effect. Would love to see ingame "hard coded" alliances. an SG from each current member-clan would have to vote in/out other clans. first two clans would have to give the alliance an ingame name. other clans could, for a hefty price, war-dec an alliance. Let everyone easily see the nut-cupping.
    PS. and absolutly no seasons.

Todd of Hartford likes this.
  5. Not_Primetime

Legend

Not too happy about seasons or win conditions. They usually promote burnout. A wipe of controlled territory (tiles not cities) would be ok but, again you invite burnout.

Can't wait for all the forum post about how a clan/alliance only won another clan/alliance was burned out and taking a break lol.

6. Sero

Sero Fire Giant
    Legend

??? quite the opposite... keep things fresh.

koruun and Fengor like this.
  7. Not_Primetime

Legend

You're the one that made the post about wanting WoW pets right? Bye Felica!!!!

8. Sero

Sero Fire Giant
    Legend

wow pets???

Summoning a skeleton sounds pretty cool to me.

koruun likes this.
  9. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Black Knight
    Legend

This this this this. Please.

Fengor likes this.
  10. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

The more I think about this system the more I worry that small clans will go the way of the dinosaur. Unless they are top tier pvpers they won’t survive and even those players will have a hard time.

Small clans will pretty much be annexed into the blobs.

Also how will factions fit into this? Are factions still coming?

I really miss the old racial stuff and feel that when the game is pushed more and more into clan vs clan that it loses something special it had (I mean what’s the point of red vs blue or factions if you can just attack your neighbors whenever for whatever) and alienates solo/small clan players by barring them from content less they join up.

I guess I’ll just hope for the best and see where this goes.

11. Sero

Sero Fire Giant
    Legend

From my understanding (which could be wrong), you cannot conquer territory unless you're adjacent, which means the map will effectively be split into regions of control. Small clans can pick one of the less sought after regions and start there. Also territory control wont be the only means to acquire wealth and resources which means small clans can still do things until they recruit.

If the endgame is conquest, small clans are going to have a hardtime regardless. Nothing wrong with allying up and politics.

Blaze and Dixie Normus like this.
  12. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

It should be considered to have the VCP removed from the game if the house system is going to be moved around. Resource scarcity should be what drives PvP. If the control points power up or add to a clan holdings or change mob loots stuff like that it would be neat to have.

The porting from billboards to a control point was neat, but Id like to see more Arena based content !

13. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Small clans will have lots of raiding options and contesting obelisks will provide smaller scale pvp. In addition due to the regionalisation of territories it will be difficult to control the larger world. This should allow different powers in different areas. Lastly we are looking at a mercenary system to tie into billboards which will allow smaller clans to sell services. You also have the champion spawns to contest and there's some naval additions we're looking at involving a salvage system and randomly spawned wreckage in the waters.

14. NonFactor

NonFactor Shadow Knight
    Legend

considering how game is going now.. im concerned about small guilds 5-10 ppl.

how bpg is planning to avoid big nutcuppings being created aftet that stuff?

Dixie Normus likes this.
  15. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Black Knight
    Legend

Why would you try to limit that?

Fengor likes this.
  16. NonFactor

NonFactor Shadow Knight
    Legend

not trying to limit anything, but i dont see how a 5-10 man guild will enjoy all features of this territory patch. just a point for discussion

Dixie Normus likes this.
  17. Methodico

Methodico Crypt Guard

Yeahhh, but when? We need new contents and new players!

18. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Black Knight
    Supporter

My personal opinion, if you implement this before combat changes(haven’t read up enough if y’all already plan on it) would be best. This is the kinda stuff that will bring back a lot of players. Patch this, get bugs and mistakes/changes ironed out, then slowly work into combat changes. You’ll have more population to test and get more of a idea of what your hopefully(more than likely) much larger pop wants out of darkfall combat.

I know this would be a monster patch, there will be bugs, so guys be patient. I know for me at least is what I’ve been waiting for, a actual reason to siege and fight each other.

+1 @BPG been getting pretty down about the game lately I really hope y’all put this as your #1 priority.

19. Blaze

Blaze Undead Dwarf

Suggestions, Can we made it so Clan capital cities will have billboards, make it so capital city gives you a buff, 10-20% gear durability when crafted. Want these two suggestions so it gives a good reason to base out of a Clan capital city, so hopefully city raids will be more conman with addition of crate raiding.
    Also can we make it so Clan capital city bind stone have 50% more hp, suggest this solely for the fact that it's the Clan capital should be more beefier than the other cities.

20. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Infernal

This looks awesome.

Are all current holdings staying in?

and I might of missed this but is there a difference between central city hubs and central hamlet hubs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.