Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The Chaldean Conflict

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Raap, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Raap

Raap Gravelord

Greetings,

I am Raap, present leader of The Chaldean Dynasty (not to be confused with The Chad Dynasty, our great-great rival). We are a relatively new clan with a lot of new/returning players, and we are purely EU based. Our sole ally is "Clan" which is just a small group of 4 players. We have no desire to ally more clans and have already rejected several requests for alliances so far.

Tonight at 3 AM EU time, Angfrost, our main city, was sieged by Intensity and their allies Battle Saints. This siege is the latest in several back-and-forth sieges between our clan and their alliance. A conflict which was initiated by Intensity and Battle Saints.

During our first day as a clan on Agon, we took over The Chaldean Dynasty and along with it came the city of Elharrat. On that very same day, Battle Saints, unprovoked, initiated 6 AM asset destruction on our city, obliterating it completely. In response, we went to look for them a few hours later (as we woke up) at their nearby holdings, and broke a few exits/chambers in the process but could not find them.

The next morning we woke up to see the city leveled to the ground a second time, this time they brought their full alliance at 6 AM and disabled everything. I then proceeded to ask the Intensity leader what their issue was, and if he could forward my message to his allies. Here is this conversation:

[​IMG]

The next day, they sieged Elharrat, our only city.

Fast forward to right before the Angfrost siege.

I proposed to both the Battle Saints leaders and the Intensity leader a stop to a conflict where we cannot attend in good numbers due to the timezone missmatch. However my proposal was rejected:

[​IMG]

Knowing we're a poor clan since most of us only started playing very recently, they pull out the economy card along with some Jihad Muslim insults, and proceed with several nights of 6 AM asset destruction, demolishing all our holdings.

In an effort to retaliate, we sieged Sweetwater. Unfortunately, they managed to convince several members of Defiance that "Poor Battle Saints is a new player clan and our city got sieged, please help!!", and during the main fight, we got zerged extremely hard by two forces pushing in from two sides (in an admittedly bad location). This made them defend Sweetwater.

And then tonight at 3 AM EU time, we fought for our main city independently with just The Chaldean Dynasty and Clan, but unfortunately due to the time of the siege we only managed to get about 15 people online. We had one fight and it wasn't working well for us, so we retreated.

We would have lost our main city there, but because Defiance helped them directly at Sweetwater, I made the decision to call a few people in for help from various clans while compensating them for this. The end result was a second fight where we had equal numbers to the attackers, and overall it was an enjoyable fight.

In short, it was not our choice for this conflict to reach this stage. As evidence shows we were the target of an alliance looking for "easy prey", and now that they are upset that they lost the Angfrost siege, they are spreading a lot of lies about some big alliance being against them. The truth is they lost a fair fight at a battle they picked to be completely in their favour.

I hope this clears up any misinformation being spread around at the moment.

Regards,

Raap "Kermit" Naap.

#1 Raap, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Bonii, Kylexz and HaldirHardy like this.
  2. Bonii

Bonii Air Elemental
    Tester

those intensity guys got that long moneyyy

3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Hey Raap.

Nothing pisses off and wears out shit tier zerglings like 92 no show sieges in a month.

I highly suggest you stop caring about worthless holdings, get a 26 slot runebook, and have some fun.

GL.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

TL;DR: Raap reasoning why he's nutcupping against an equal force

We stand our own ground, and have done so in all the sieges we've had against each other. Defiance was bindstone camping us in Hammerdale during the Somerstone siege, so you might get an idea that there's actual ZERO chance they would help us out, ever. Fact is, you were in a bad position in Sweetwater so they went for you instead of us (although they did attack us as well). We exploited the situation, and won.

In no way does that compare to calling in favours and nutcupping 3 additional clans (3 Dayar dickheads, Horde and some Legion) to help you out to protect your petty city after you take Skaranibben. It was a close fight, but we lost due to the co-ordinated sandwhich from the "scroachers" (Mylina was mistyping info in public for you to hit the northern stone, which is how we found you asap when you made the 2nd last push)

5. naturethepleb

naturethepleb Dire Zombie

I remember discussing this with you on comms at the time of the Elharrat siege. Personally (and as I said then), I think it's more just sheer bad luck that you inherited the skeleton of a clan with a few dead holdings at that specific time. I think it was only a matter of time until any clan finally took the dead holdings.

WHAT IS KNOWN FOR SURE:
    Their roleplay PMs are hilarious .
    It's boring asf for both sides if there's no fight.
    Those 15 people will only remain "dedicated" so long with 3am sieges (even on weekends).
    Both sides will get bored and either hop-clans or leave the game in the long term.

As your previous self-appointed intelligence officer, I advise that your best route of discourse here is to talk with Thor Grim (and only him). He carries a lot of clout in the alliance, and as he is from the UK, he is the person that you will most likely find some common ground with.

As care-bear as some might call this, I would advise that both sides pact and stick to weekend sieges. Keep the timings of every siege in late EU primetime. Therefore, making it late afternoon for the Americans, and primetime for the EU players. The other way around simply doesn't work. This is the only logical way forward if both sides don't want to kill all the fun. Arguably, both sides are as well matched as things will come in the current climate; don't squander what could be good fun.

Kantor likes this.
  6. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Defiance has helped neither side so idk why you're lying about that. Just seeing that makes it hard to believe anything you're saying lol.

7. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

Officially, I don't think so. But I'm sure your guys know that seeing that Intensity / BS and co were East, with you guys coming from the mountain West, you can guess who was in the middle having to cross Water! and the fact you followed us all the way, killing members running late. You can see why its easy to for you guys to be seen as helping them.

We was killing them easy in the water, so they retreated to land, we wanted to push in and finish the job, but your guys come-hithering us back into the water meant when we're already outnumbered changed the fight.

After most of us died, I was dead in the water, that's when I saw Intensity / BS attack you guys to stop you taking loot.

Most of Raap's guys have only been on the server a few weeks, they're poor as fuck and put a lot of work in to make a siege bags. For NA vets who have had a dead server to farm on for the past two years, to directly interfere with the outcome of the siege, is totally fucking shameful bro.

So far, Defiance is the only clan that has directly changed the result of a siege. It's all pixels for me, but newer players will just see it as 4 hours wasted farming, so please, have a little more consideration next time. By all means, take the pixels of the players already dead. Just don't interfere with the result!

8. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Our side posted our kill list in Agon chat when you guys said we were only killing you guys which proved it was a bullshit lie. But feel free to continue lying.

9. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

Read my post again!

This is the other sides view-

10. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Oh I read it lol. But you're sayin officially no... "Officially, I don't think so. But I'm sure your guys know that seeing that Intensity / BS and co were East, with you guys coming from the mountain West, you can guess who was in the middle having to cross Water! and the fact you followed us all the way, killing members running late. You can see why its easy to for you guys to be seen as helping them."
    Did you not pay attention to what you were writing yourself? Would be odd to be seen helping a side as we also killed them. We also only had like 5 people there scroaching.

So far, Defiance is the only clan that has directly changed the result of a siege.

Again if anything the only siege we actually messed with in a big scale was Somerstone, which actually HELPED you guys lol. We were fighting Intensity inside of hammerdale. Other than that we've barely messed with your sieges.

11. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

I wasn't at Somerstone, so that's why I can't comment on that! Sweetwater post, was from my prospective.

Do us all a favour, and stay out of sieges you're not involved with! You have bigger problems to deal with!

Marxman likes this.
  12. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

We would have lost our main city there, but because Defiance helped them directly at Sweetwater, I made the decision to call a few people in for help from various clans while compensating them for this. The end result was a second fight where we had equal numbers to the attackers, and overall it was an enjoyable fight.

Your clans the one calling in outside help. Maybe stick to AvA's and not lying about who's helping who before asking scroachers to stay out of it. Lying about things tends to make people want to shut you up :)

13. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Gf's

Only points I am going to comment on are

1. Defiance hasnt helped us at all, and you have directly called in outside help for sieges, something we have not.

2. Dont be crying about 2am sieges when you are weekday sieging an alliance which is primarily NA at 2pm.

Edit - And we arent rich lol, we had one super rich guy in our clan and that was about it.

14. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

This is getting boring. You wanna carry on being a cunt, then so be it Myater. Intensity / BS who are rich vets don't want you involved, nor does Raaps guys, with most having come over from DND in the past weeks!

Edit: Good fight to Intensity boys, but fuck BS. All they do is asset destruction when no one is around!

#14 Mega, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  15. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

I'm not being a cunt. You guys said my clan did something we didn't lol.

16. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

My post is from my view. I have zero to do with Leadership, and I'm just helping them get a foothold on this server. I was allied to Intensity to help them, but they then joined BS / Booty alliance, so I was no longer needed!

Anyway, I'm done with this thread, see you all ingame <3

17. Bradtide

Bradtide Crypt Guard
    Contributor Hero

Myater thanks for the help at Sweetwater bud, did our generals ever get you that gold?? Anyway man thanks for helping us push these new players out of the game. Much love
    --- Post updated ---
    To be fair, if your just now coming to roa from dnd you kinda deserve to get butt fucked for a little while by the server for being so thick headed.

18. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

gfs

19. Raap

Raap Gravelord

Clarifications;
    1. The Horde was roaming, whatever mylina wrote in public was a troll.
    2. At Sweetwater, the defiance players who specifically targeted us did so because we "were sieging a new player clan" - They admitted this themselves to one of our members. Maybe this was also a troll, maybe not. Point is that a Defiance member stated this as the intent, and this is the only info I have to go on. Roamers are part of the game but this felt like a very specifically targeted assault, and while most roamers claim "we just roaming bro", these particular Defiance members claimed to aim for us.
    3. For the second push, we brought in a total of 6-7 outsiders, coincidentally, all but one of which were also EU players. This second push made the numbers even on both sides.
    4. EU players historically struggle at weekend sieges, this has been the case in every clan I was part of since 2009. It is a culture thing; Weekends are when you spend time with family. I specifically told this to the Intensity and Battle Saints alliance, yet they keep sieging us at weekends during midnight EU time, as well as asset destruct our holdings during those times. Why then, should I not siege them in return when it works better for us? For the record, in our EU timezone sieges, they never fielded less than we did, always more.

20. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

1. It was oddly coincident with your timing to drop a cannon for the siege stone 2mins later though. The moment we pushed out south-east for them, you guys came for the stones from the north. You have some tight connections with the danes that was in the Horde group as you've played with them a lot before, and you have other danes in your clan who afaik know them as well.
    2. An even more targeted assault is how they camped Hammerdale for an hour or so, and fully wiping our siege force during the Somerstone siege with an approximate 15man group. This delayed us to the point where we barely got to defend our siege stones in time. Then we got fully wiped by Dayars, who once again helped you last night at Angfrost.
    3. These 6-7 outsiders are extremely good players (Hayland), but yeah it was an even fight at this point in terms of numbers in your group. Then we ofcourse have the extra numbers added from the sandwhich where Horde and Mass Exodus hit us in the back right after we engage you (totally not timed, amirite)

but anyways, I direct my blame on Defiance, TTA and Dayar in any case. Vets who've been on the server since launch, and are now desperately trying to prevent two new political forces from establishing themselves by deciding the outcome of the sieges themselves. You cry for months to the devs that the game is dead because of shitty game design and combat changes and w/e, yet it's evident you guys are the only reason the population is low, since apart from the toxic server policing we are enjoying the game as it is. Now it's a dilemma between enjoying the PvP as it currently is vs. if it's worth playing when you know any siege you do will get steamrolled by an irrelevant 3rd party no matter what
    --- Post updated ---

As a side note I need to do one last Scribing craft to reach 100, so here it goes:

Roses are red, Violets are blue
    We will be scroaching you too

#20 Xipos<3, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Marxman likes this.