Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The Chaldean Conflict

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Raap, Apr 14, 2019 at 2:56 AM.

1. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

Raap is so desperate to make sure everyone knows he is better and more honorable than them. And even though he does the exact things he says he doesn't do, it's ok because reasons.

Get over yourself dude, no one gives a fuck. I see you haven't learned at all from your new dawn experience.

CreZee likes this.
  2. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

the sweetwater kill list doesn't matter. the main fight was very close and as we all inned and started pushing them back your 4+ guys hit us directly in the back, completely fucking us. sure, before and after that you probably went for anyone fair game - although apparently one of your guys said something along the lines of us bullying a new clan

#22 Finnad, Apr 14, 2019 at 5:01 PM
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 5:21 PM
    Marxman likes this.
  3. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Ghost
    Legend

Which is ironic, seeing as they ultra-"bullied" us at Somerstone with no problems. These guys are a fucking joke

Marxman and CreZee like this.
  4. CreZee

CreZee Dire Zombie
    Loyal Supporter

Lol. I’m thoroughly shocked by all these revelations. I truly am.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kol Taggar likes this.
  5. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Celestial
    Hero

Sanctuary has remained neutral. We are a shining beacon of morality in these dark dark times.

Join today!

Sero, Fengor, Grimtide and 6 others like this.
  6. Raap

Raap Undead Dwarf

I have no reason to lie, we have no relations to The Horde and their recent... influx of new recruits. They even fought and killed us at the Sea Tower that same day (admittedly because we were not taking it very seriously).

If you claim Defiance screwed you over in a previous siege, then, assuming this is true, Defiance clearly has some internal disagreements in regards of who to help and when or why. Either way, the result of Sweetwater was factored into the outcome of the second Angfrost fight. Besides, your own allies didn't exactly do a lot to claim no hiring was done, since claiming to have big banks is a prime indicator of being willing to hire "mercs". I suggest a more grounded form of role-play in the future.

7. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

Here's a crazy idea...

How about you show some restraint for the good of the population by actually letting smaller weaker clans fight and have fun in their clan vs clan sieges by not showing up as third party "scroachers" and shitting all over everything?

(Not that literally every other strong clan hasn't done the exact same thing throughout the history of DF)

Better yet how about BPG @Andrew @Neilk @MWTaylor @Metalkon FINALLY make some game mechanics/structural changes to strongly disincentivize outside players/groups from interfering in a clan vs clan or alliance v alliance siege tile? I'm not saying don't let them show up at all, but rather give scroachers WHO DIE a real penalty and an extra reward from anyone in any clan directly involved in the siege who kills them on the siege tile.

It's not like I didn't bring this up 2 years ago and write pages of posts on how to do it and why.

Any good sandbox needs SOME structures and rules in place to borderline FORCE the playerbase to act in ways that are at least somewhat population sustainable. Darkfall never had these and that (along with fucked up economy) is a huge part of why it failed repeatedly instead of thrived like EvE/Albion/Shadowbane ect.

Xipos<3, Mega and Finnad like this.
  8. CreZee

CreZee Dire Zombie
    Loyal Supporter

Just posting this here since Raap wants to claim he is the victim here. I offered him a peace treaty weeks ago and yet here he is still sieging and getting sieged.

He’s literally the worst political navigator I’ve ever witnessed. The one thing he’s good at though is playing the victim. I’ll give him that.

Attached Files:

Xipos<3 likes this.
  9. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

So us having 4-5 people just showing up because they are bored instead of us showing with 30+ to acccctttuuually fuck with it is a bad thing? Chaldean scroached our Alberworth defense siege and Intensity scroached our bloodscar defense siege. It's not like they are innocent either :). You don't even play so idk why you're even getting into the middle of something when you don't know what's been happening.

10. CreZee

CreZee Dire Zombie
    Loyal Supporter

Directly interfering with a siege by attacking either side is indeed, a bad thing. Are you that stupid you can't understand why? Yikes. And I'm curious if these guys are scroaching your sieges or interfering before or AFTER you directly screwed up multiple of theirs?

Don't worry... I'll wait.

Marxman likes this.
  11. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

If you want to see directly interfering with a siege I can show you that 1 time if you really want. The only siege I'd say we actually impacted would be Somerstone and I left the second I realized it was a siege, at first I thought it was just an active city so I came down and fought for a bit. Few of us left with me when we saw it was a siege.

12. Raap

Raap Undead Dwarf

This was in the early period when the conflict was fresh and not as toxic as it has now become. The constant 6 AM asset destruction, the off-hour sieges, they have grown tiresome and pointless.

It was initially a decent conflict, with reasonable fights at reasonable times. This is no longer the case.

I'm not shy of conflict, I'm playing this game to seek it, but not without purpose. And before you link another supposed 'Raap dialog'; I did reject your alliance proposal for weekend-only sieges because both the time and day of such sieges were exclusively in favour of NA clans, and me accepting that 'offer' would have made zero sense as it was completely unreasonable.

13. CreZee

CreZee Dire Zombie
    Loyal Supporter

Whoa there tough guy. Please don't bring down the wrath of your people on me. Clearly you bringing 5-6 elitist vets to a newb siege of 15-25 people on each side that are largely newer / casual players and killing them is NOT directly interfering. I'm sorry that I didn't see things the way you do now. Please don't bring your 30+ siege force to any of my future sieges. Your wee wee is much bigger than mine. Sorry again!

Marxman likes this.
  14. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Was a joke I wouldn't do that anyways. I tend to stay out of peoples sieges unless it's a very small amount of us or if we're paid to show up.

Mega likes this.
  15. propain

propain Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Hero

Again, Intensity did not greatly impact bloodscar. Our 4 robed scroachers did as little to interfere as possible. The most that happened was one of our guys defending himself briefly because your crew was concerned with guarding loot over the fight so In that sense we took attention from your people while Dayar ignored us entirely. The most I did iirc was throw ice storm in the middle of the battle and loot a bag, without anything else being done.

Even killed two scroachers pelting your back lines. After the siege a few of us joined the bloodbath at marshral though.

What we did was what scroaching used to and should be, your guys make it sound like we did what seros video showed lol.

Grimtide likes this.
  16. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Your clan had 11 in system. So maybe you were there with 4 but you had others there also lol. Thank god for big systems people cant lie about numbers lol

17. propain

propain Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Hero

We didn't even have 11 on so that is an error to the highest of degrees. I have footage before the fighting started and we have 4 and another one in Party far away. Ill post that when I get home if youdy like.

LG likes this.
  18. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Air Elemental
    Legend

Im pretty sure we had some guys at the sele golem, and the system was so big it was hitting that, but definitely not 11, and 100% only 4 of us at that siege with bradtide joining us late. 2 of our guys went down trying to loot and the rest of us got some bags and dipped, even killing other scroachers who were looting, there was no comehithering, or focusing any one side down at all and thats the truth 100%

We havent asked for help at a single siege, our sieges have had multiple clans directly impacting outcomes and tbf defiance isnt one of them, sure it wasnt great timing when you boys were hitting hammerdale before the somerstone siege but we still got to the siege, the biggest problem for us there was half of our siege force crashing randomly on the way there. And then most ppl know what happened there.

Even though TTA came to our first siege they legit piggy backed, the only group that truly interferes at whatever siege they want is Dayar.

LG and propain like this.
  19. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

There’s no so called “Chaldean Conflict”

We have shit holdings you have shit holdings.

All this EU/NA sieges blah blah blah. Can stop. We can discuss terms here right now.

The only conflict that should be happening is open world pvp.

20. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

I don't really care was just pointing out you had 11 in system. Was 31 dayar/mass, 11 intensity, 8 legion/bw, then a handful of tta but they kinda came in system while the fighting started and i didnt go back and count. Anywho this convo has gotten pointless so I'm out bye friends!