Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The Flash PvP 4

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by ArrowExpert, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

top player, so you have zero perspective on how difficult it is for regular player. i remember in dfo, i want to get infernal crafted cuz i had leenspar. ok, now i need to go kill baradron. oh great they spawn at the gate of apatuan/ichtan. i am bad at the game so i guess that's out. oh great nobody selling q5 claw. oh well i'll just use full plate mob drop pieces, cuz hell, i'm going to die quick anyway, why bother going through the effort of getting a bunch of hard to get shit just to give it to some pvp all star. don't really got the time to farm that much anyway, got better shit to do IRL.

oh fuck gargantua i killed 3 and got 1 q5 horn. fuck this game.

if you want to balance the game around what some shit head top tier player thinks, guess where this game is going to end up? lol, just like DFO, one of the most unpopular MMO's ever seen.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Infernal is something to be worn for rare clan events, such as sieges, you are not to have tons of it in your bank. It is gear that requires effort to be put in to gather that yes, you can drop within 5 seconds of a fight by getting zerged down, or out skilled. It is worn by stronger players who have less likely of a chance to die but generally travel in lesser numbers allowing them to compete while greatly outnumbered in a situation. It is a risk vs reward system. If the noobs greatly outnumbering the pvp all star geared up, they would most likely win the engagement. However, outgeared they are more likely to lose... it is a good system honestly... Wanting everyone's bank filled with these gear sets very early in the game makes for rather stale "full loot" pvp. I'm sorry you want to log in and farm for 1 hour and obtain a top end gear set, I however, do not.

Also Darkfall died due to a fail launch by a terrible company called AV who had no idea what to do with the code after the actual creators of the game were absorbed into AV and then quit. They advertised 0, patched 0, fixed 0 exploits, added 0 content, and leached money off a pay to play mmo for years without ever changing a thing. They relaunched the game as a dumbed down version for the soft-core casuals it was called Unholy Wars. It also failed but more or less due to 0 advertising once again, and lack of content being added to the game. I could go in more detail but do not try to say this game died due to its outrageous gear grind. Atleast say it died to its outrageous character grind, that required years of play to become max. It now requires 2 weeks of hardcore play and 2 months of casual play or less. You have no character grind, that is cool. Now you want gear handed out like candy, I'm sorry that isn't so cool.

#122 Pink Taco, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Battle Smurf, Kilset, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  3. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

That's on the right track, but unfortunately a lot of the community acts like Ywnwie Malsteen challenging you to a shred fest and looking down upon someone ever thinking their fingers could compare to his sausage fingers. The root of the problem is the lack of true sandbox options outside of the PvP sandbox.

Grimtide and Fengor like this.
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

lol you really are into yourself more than I had imagined. and I dont just mean being good at the game you know what happened when ya didn't play. And don't assume I am unable to get good gear, don't have to worry bout me I know how to play, still a lot of time involved in getting q5 mats, leenspar exc.. your playing a beta where there is tons of it, you fight people and get it from them cause it is beta and they are wearing it.. yes a lot of pixel hugging carebears around and will be even worse at launch. but if you seriously think those spawns wont be contested a lot then you sir are as dumb as the brick wall you spoke of.. and stop assuming I am sure ya know what that means

5. Kwatos

Kwatos Infernal

It died when the very vocal minority's of vets cried for changes and tried to turn a different game into DFO, remember all the crying about Watery Grave? Now you all have it, what a fun game you got there!

6. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

i'd need a book to say accurately all the wrong with your post. you have good points, gear shouldn't be super easy, infernal set in an hour? god no... not full plate either.

if you think someone winning a 4v10 or a 1v4 is because they have 15% extra resists, then there is no point talking to you again, as i said, your perspective is skewed so far you have no idea. players win outnumbered because they vastly outskill their enemies. i was in Vamp for a year or something after EU transfers opened up. There's a village near seelie, I forget the name. Evil bastages owned it, ally of vamp. It was luck came there, IDK, maybe 8-10 of us tried to kill him. He actually had time to res me after killing me, he later said he thought it was because I just started the game. Nope, I had played since the game launched, but I didn't know how to play, I sucked at what I did know, my character sucked, and I just couldn't aim or dodge or anything. He killed 4-5, couldn't get the ganks off, eventually bunny hopped away.

In LEague of legends, I've heard very high elo players say stuff like bronze and silver are all equally shitty. When you're that high up you can't tell the difference between a bronze 5 and a silver 1. I always thought I was probably the silver 4-5 (in Lol, that's the highest % of players), maybe like a 4 or 5 out of ten, as far as darkfall goes. I actually could beat a lot of players back then. As the game went on and more and more quit, I moved down the ladder to like a 2/10 or 3/10, at the very end of the game probably a 1/10 cuz literally everyone quit.

Would I ever put infernal on? Only for special occasions, cuz I knew I'd get fucking trashed immediately if I ran into nearly anyone. So why even farm for it? It's too fucking hard to farm for. For me, the best example was q5 horn. Dropped by gargantuan. Hardly any spawns in the game. IIRC there was a spawn of 1 near the center of the map and 1 somewhere else I didn't have good access to. It take me quite awhile to kill them I think i needed bolts IIRC to just wear them down. They would skin for 0 or 1 horn, and take a good while to respawn. If Darkfall wasn't dead as fucking dead could be, that number of gargantuas in the game could never fucking support a decent player base. Even if you pvp'd to contest it, what's the point? You could get 5 horn in 1-2 hours if left solo. It was pretty fucking hard, IIRC most ppl just used minotaur horn because it was such a bitch. Truth is, darkfall 1 was suited to a fucking tiny population just like it had, there wasn't enough mobs.

As far as why the game died, combination of a lot of shit, I would agree gear grind wasn't a top reason, but it was probably was a reason for some. People grind out a nice siege bag, got that nice feather chant, keened rank 60 (still no newbie would ever use a r70 in real pvp, no matter what), lose it quickly, lose their back up bags, lose the siege, and think to themselves "i don't have fun in this game" and call it quits.

Also, it would have been nice for DFO if there hadn't been so many ways to cheat the gind in one way or another through macroing, 1000's of players would quit because they couldn't compete with players who macro'd. No, not everyone had access to the knowledge of how to do it even, or enough $ for reagents or afk ppl, or access to bugged spawns. The grind *might* have been accepted if there weren't so many players who basically were able to skip it.
    could go on all day, already wasted 20 minutes. your opinions will lead to a dead game because you have no perspective on what an average player would find fun. fighting vastly better opponents in vastly better gear is not fun, and that's why players quit DFO.

7. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

nasty, love how everyone wants to push you in melee even if they are in a full bone set lol.

8. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

theres no pushing him in meleee, with 20 ping and r70 theres no escape so might as well trade a couple hits and hope you can squirrel out

RedBull9 likes this.
  9. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

how bout you don't go into melee at all.

10. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

try that with 150 ping bruh

people run at you with a melee sword out and if ur within 10 feet gg

Scrubby Bear and RedBull9 like this.
  11. Flux D

Flux D Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Legend

Again, gear is easy for the pvp elites. For everyone else, if gear is hard to get, then the only people who will have it are the pvp elites. apparently gear has been super easy to get during beta....but the only people wearing it are still just the pvp elites.

q5 anything and dragon will always be very difficult to acquire because of the fact that: kill 3 gargantua get 1 q5 horn. q5 corpeflesh 1 at a time. etc etc. theyril + dragon scales = time.

it's pretty easy to kill an erodach solo, its about 15-20mins give or take with a good character doling out decent dmg. (a low level character can barely out dps its regen) and you may be lucky to get 1 q5 skin from it. it takes 5 cinder for keen and 5 for feather. thats about 2-3hours farm time for just those 2 components on an enchant and thats with good skin success rate and no interruptions.

pro tip hit mine at 6am? im surely not the only employed df player lol

apparently the full loot aspect of the game goes away when you have a full bank of r70 with q4/q5 enchants and you stop looting corpses filled with r70 and q4/q5 enchants, but looting corpses full of bone and blackbolts is perfectly acceptable. -_-

Kwatos, Crumly and Grimtide like this.
  12. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

this guy gets it. pink taco, doesn't get it.

13. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

I've very rarely looted a single thing I'd use from an enemy player throughout the history of Darkfall except for some full plate for my scroach bags, and reagents. What the fuck is up with the crying over q5 horn, don't think I've ever used it in the game. Hell, just give everyone q5 sets and take away the full loot aspect of the game, add in death items and a loot system such as asheron's call. I'd rather get death items than that shit I loot off of yall anyways. I'm sorry your playing an mmo and wanting it to be like a straight fps, no grind, no time involved in gathering gear. You're wanting to remove the value of my gear just like the shit gear u r wearing. Also if you are thinking that gear plays 0 part in an a player winning a fight, why the fuck are we even talking. I'ma leave you noobs alone now, get your instant character and instant gear, and lets play an open world fps.

p.s.- if you think you will touch one of these spawns without a pink taco showing up 24/7 and shanking ur whole damn noob party, you're insane. Best of luck to you.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  14. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

Why, couldn't you kill any good geared players? Just fought newbies all the time? maybe not so top tier? The q5 horn was the one I could remember the best. I never said I wanted easy gear bags, you just see what you want and hear what you want. I said most players don't bother with it because it's time consuming to get and chances are good you're just going to die easily anyway. It's getting hard to take you serious as an intellectual with your insistence that I'm here saying I want easy gear bags. You're the one saying you want grind and also the confusing shit of, ok i can't loot anything cuz my bank is full of the same thing, and also saying you never looted anything cuz it was all shit. You're point isn't clear and probably unworthy also.

As far as you recking some ppl farming, you'll probably just quit again soon anyway, who fucking cares...

15. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

My bank comes from me, noone wears the shit I wear, it isn't because it is difficult to obtain. Thus I do not loot it in pvp. Never said I wanted a grind, said I was cool with them removing the character grind. Removing the gear grind is a bad choice tho. I jus didn't understand the complaint about a q5 horn drop that I've never even used once in this game. You're going for the ulti top end loot and complaining that it is difficult to obtain...which it no longer is. I dunno, I quit because the game was never patched or content added which lead to my whole clan quitting... the people who stuck around after me were simply supporting AV's bad habits. You can get off on the fact I quit in the past tho.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  16. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

By complaining that other players wanted a reduced grind, implying that you yourself favour a grind.
    Alright take q5 horn out of the equation, apparently you think nobody ever used it or wanted it (lol...).
    Look at q4 horn. Comes from minotaurs. I'm running off memory cuz I just came back to DF but I think there were 5-6 areas on cairn that dropped it, each with a small number of mino's, none with a really fast respawn time. Tell me taco, how much horn do you think those spawns could generate in an hour? Best of going with two players. I bet you could get 10-15 each in an hour if you tried really hard and didn't stop to farm anything else. Now, imagine if the game wasn't fucking dead, and each city on cairn actually had 100-300 players bound to it. Not anyone is getting enough of anything. 20 fucking minotaurs to try and split between an active population in the game? There just flat out has never been enough PVE in the game to support a real player base. I guess you liked a darkfall where there was never 1000 users online at the same time. You liked small scale pvp. Well was the game ever advertised as "you can have 5v5 battles! or maybe 10v10!"

During the EU launch and even NA launch you couldn't go anywhere without seeing other players. They'd even be in literally empty tiles that had no mobs right outside your clan city harvesting lumber. The game died before the subject of high end enchanting mats really became an important issue. We've never seen the game where 5000 people were logged in at the same time in a mature game with mature economy, and all the shit you fucking top tier "vets" think you know about the game is based on the economy of a dead fucking game that didn't have enough players or monsters.

What's your vision for a succesfull darkfall taco? Was it NA launch were Cairn was locked down by Sinister,LOTD,LOD? EU launch where everything northeast of long march was 1 clan? I'd like to see each city busting with players, calfardar players raiding at dayar or serruk. The players need something to do, a way to get gear. Even the mines need to pump out shit, if not more rares, at least more basic ore and steedgrass also. DFO map was actually set up to support the very few players who actually played it, and no more.

I think this buff to spawns is probably only the first step. Right now it seems strong because the resources generated would be a lot for the current amount of players. Put 5k more players online and see then. And that's the goal right? Are we here hoping to recreate darkfall 2011 or 2012? With a steadily declining population? Or is there hope for a big population? Maybe grow back to EU server also?

17. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I get what you're trying to say but some of your information is really outdated and inaccurate man.

18. Vader2103

Vader2103 Goblin Shaman

That dude is good...
    Too bad it's the same 4 players over and over and over.

19. EnigmaticD

EnigmaticD Fire Elemental
    Legend

Lincoln Hawk and Fengor like this.
  20. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

The video that got me into DF.