Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The Franchise PVP

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Franchise, Apr 28, 2016.

1. KapteeniKoukku

Streamer

Worst video ive seen by far.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

Wow so many fem boi's and old folk here upset because someone is speaking louder than a creepy introverted passive whisper in comms. Who the hell cares?

In regards to the video, that first clip shouldn't even have been included, it was clear as day those poor saps were new DF African child soldiers, you didn't even give us the courtesy of giving us a full screen of the molestation.

The rest is vid worthy however.

In the world of subjective opinion I'm not going to really commentate on the comms, since that is a far deeper topic and could be debated forever.

I will however commentate however on peoples opinions about how this game plays out in reality with or without a shot caller.

The 2 universal truths of small group combat in Darkfall:
    • The total accumulation of skill one group has vs another more often than not, dictates the outcome of the fight.
    • The longer a fight lasts, the higher likely hood of the more skilled group is to win the engagement.

Not all groups benefit greatly from a leader, and some groups don't benefit really at all. In regards to leading smaller groups (10 or less)

• A bad group benefits the most from a good leader, a great group benefits the least from a good leader.
    • A bad group is devastatingly hurt with a bad leader, a great group is only fractionally hurt comparatively speaking from having bad leader.
    • A bad group benefits from a average leader, a great group is still a great group with a average leader.
    • A bad group with no leader are dead before they even logged in, a great group with no leader is still a great group.

If anyone here says the above is incorrect/wrong, I have countless of real world examples to better prove my point. I understand much of this is subjective since it is hard to quantify who is a "good/average/bad" leader, but there is a huge false illusion of good players playing in good groups, thinking that whomever is driving is also simply, just a good leader. (Because, duh, they win) Honestly, in a game like Darkfall, where hackers talk shit to people after beating them and cry babies that cry zerg who in turn zerged you just 5 minutes prior, this complete lack of introspection on why things are the way they are is to be expected.

Or even worse, people who haven't even led anything in this game or in their entire lives criticizing someone for doing something that they themselves could never do in the first place. Or people who act like they had led (and are now subject matter experts), when in reality they were just a voice in a sea of voices trying to talk over others.

Edit: Ok, done editing, had to tie up some open ended wording.

#42 SenseiSpades, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  3. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

You know how I usually say 'Don't mute your sound, include game sounds and voice comms!' well yeah... this is what I get. I'd suggest either not recording your mic or at the very least record the whole comms and not just yourself. Perhaps don't include clips of a fight that we've probably all seen multiple times now from different people, it's not that it's a bad clip it's just not as entertaining after multiple viewings. Other than that I liked the video and I'm sure your next one will be better which is exciting.

4. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

Beside windows mode I liked the video. Who cares who they fought and what the comms sounded like. It had fights, music, game sound, comms. everything I look for.

Circa and Franchise like this.
  5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Coach Frenchfries #1.

Pretty much everything Spades said is correct. Most of what frenchfries is calling would click into the most skilled players mind. As soon as you see an ally in melee, you wof and heal your ally/pungent the enemy/disable the enemy. It should click. As soon as you start juggling you should disable. You should be throwing heals throughout the fight to allies in need.

That being said, some players need more direction in group fights. Micro-managing in this game is tough, y'all give him no credit :(

also: Good vid, i like your vid more than Arrows, cause Arrow is mean :(

Franchise likes this.
  6. Franchise

Franchise Fire Elemental
    Supporter

Just bought a monster computer this morning, got the recording issue figured out. Some real nice stuff coming your way.

Nat likes this.
  7. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

this is great news

8. KapteeniKoukku

Streamer

please no more

9. murk

murk Crypt Guard
    Supporter

This isn't entirely directed at you, but just because you won a pvp engagement, doesn't mean it needs to be put in a video.

I have a feeling we're going to have 100 mini magnetic mans with 50 pvp videos a month.

10. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

one of my rentals will triple your yearly nanny salary.

11. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

u tell me.. youre the one with no job talking shit on forums 24/7

12. EleTaylorScoob

EleTaylorScoob Gravelord
    Supporter

Do you day trade?

13. Dotix

Dotix Air Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

I love when franny pre calls disables and pungents that he misses

Nat likes this.
  14. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

your iq must be below 50...

15. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

still higher than u

16. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

if you had a higher iq, you wouldn't dedicate your life to video games and would actually get a job.

all hyped up because you got your income assistance check.

#56 Circa, Apr 29, 2016
  17. EleTaylorScoob

EleTaylorScoob Gravelord
    Supporter

Still wondering if you day trade or something telecommute from home.

18. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

i got a job, u dont

like i said before.... u play forumfall 24/7 u cant mock anyone.. cause looking at youre post history u are by far the biggest loser/toxic person on the forums

:rage:(-- circa on forums

#58 BeatIt, Apr 29, 2016
    Fengor and chad like this.
  19. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

just stop nanny

20. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

Wasn't that bad but I used to play with him in UO and DF1 so maybe im just used to his voice lol. Window mode sucked and using a clip that we have seen 2 times already was all that bugged me. Other than that I enjoy Franchise video's keep em coming.