Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The Franchise PVP

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Franchise, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

exactly this

2. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

Also me and Obeesho vs Keide and Kilset, objectively better players who've played with each other much longer and we worked better together and went at least 50-50 if not winning a little more than them.

Another case where our teamwork was better and we came out on top more often than not.

Teamwork is underrated.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

Don't really know what what your definition of rag tag means, nor all the particulars of said fights, all I was generally trying to convey was that bad groups benefit the most from good leaders, and the best groups benefit the least from good leaders. Also, judging from the line up that you mentioned you were fighting, I would be surprised that they were even in a group when they were fighting you guys.

I remember one time battle smurf made some comment in some vid he posted awhile back saying that he needed to actually bind his heal other spells on his keyboard. People can be amazing players, but horribly autistic in terms of situational awareness and in not understanding that the whole is more important than themselves.

Sique and Korag like this.
  4. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

My idea of rag-tag is basically people who have barely or never played with each other and 'random' is basically saying they're kinda just meh players.

If I remember correctly the groups were:
    Skreww Loose, Grimtide, Jedi Mind, Me when I was still learning, Mo Fugga, and Kalos or some NME dude
    Rex, Gotja, Murk, another good BW member (maybe Kilset?), Cyborg Bloodfin, and a really bad player who's name I forgot

Really you would think the second group would win every time based off of skill alone, since the individual skill levels in comparison to our group is much higher, but the teamwork we had meant we won literally every time until people started getting bored and stopped listening to calls and did their own thing.

Kalos likes this.
  5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

rip serruk group duels

6. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

Well, no where did I mention any sort of absolutes, also, your line up I would hardly consider rag tag. When I say bad players, I mean battle saints, I mean the father/son/family clans, the first three people you mentioned are the top 10% if you factor in clans like "Dominion/Lady Lillian", then you have your averages of LOD/UDL where clan members vary from good to bad however even out around the average mark.

Also, lets say you double both of your numbers, more numbers in a group inherently reduces the group efficiency, would you be confident that a 12 v 12 would go the same way?

I'm not saying there are any absolutes, simply saying that is the thumb of measure that I go by.

Korag likes this.
  7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Yeah what he's leaving out is gotja was being a real annoying prick that night so he was cancerous to whatever team he was on.

8. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

Yes because their individual skill level could only go down per player while ours could stay roughly the same.

9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

the determining factor in my opinion is ability to listen and follow instruction if the individual bads can learn how to use a shield, cross heal when it is called out and focus target when called they can be way more effective than a group of "good" players, good players often know they are good and go in cocky and get caught and dropped screwing over the rest of the team.

Sique likes this.
  10. SenseiSpades

SenseiSpades Celestial
    Tester

I am opt to think that group efficiency becomes less the more people you add to a group, not remain a constant or increase.

Also, the more people you add to a group the inherent comms traffic becomes more cluttered. A leader can help dictate where a fight happens, and how it happens, but he can't parry for you, cross heal for you, and the such. On larger scales, a leader means far more due to the numerous fuck ups individuals can make that can jeopardize the group.

In regards to your 6 v 6, he may have dictated what spell to caste, but he can't control your character.

Many larger fights start off in a state one can say is “Order”, how skillful the leader is and how obedient the group is will be a direct correlation of how long “Order” can hold up against we will say “Chaos”, chaos in the sense that it's anyone's game/melee brawl/ray range/etc. In almost all medium to large fights Chaos is inevitable, it’s how long you can hold out and fight against when you have an obedient well performing group is what matters if one choices to play in such a rank/file way where there is structure.

Sometimes it's better to just flip the chaos coin and see where the chips lie. One downfall of trying to keep order is that when it breaks, it breaks like glass.

Even numbered siege, melee push, breaks order. Don't feel like going through more visual examples, but I can present more if requested.

Group coordination and leadership in Darkfall is far more complex imo than many give it credit for.