Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The gap at this stage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jakobmillah, May 27, 2017.

1. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Earth Elemental

I'm a veteran, right. Not considered top pvper, but decent enough. I am pretty casual these days, but have still managed to pull of quite a few hours where my attributes are well-rounded 70-75. Being a bit stupid and going with the mentality of doing everything at the same time, so no school maxed out yet.

What is to me a little bit concerning is how big the gap is at this stage. Just got visited by some dune rats and me being all casual just standing around, no headphones on so didn't hear them. But a sudden stormblast in the air, 2 rays in the back and I am down 120 health. 3 more 60 hits and I was down.

I don't mind. I know Darkfall. But what is very concerning to me is how new players are suppose to compete with that. The gap is so damn huge it's not even funny. Maybe it just needs some months and it's well balanced, but right now... Hardcore veterans are just steam-rolling holding after holding, dungeon after dungeon, goblin spawn after goblin spawn without no struggle what so ever. And the gap just keeps increasing due to them getting richer and richer. And how is it done? stormblast, ray, ray, fireball and something else. down.

Please, don't say that this is some butthurt shit, since I do not mind. But I am concerned that new players will just straight up leave because of reasons like this.

I guess it's Darkfall huh? :)

MatosQc, Argast, SomeBK and 15 others like this.
  2. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

level 10 paladin cant kill a level 70..

I dont understand the problem tbh

its called progression

HighTimes, Grimtide, Myater and 6 others like this.
  3. Juicy

Juicy Black Knight
    Hero

I work 25 hours a week but I want the same pay as someone that puts in 80 hours a week.
    Seems legit

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. jakobmillah

Alright, I see where this is heading. Exaggerations.

Nevermind this thread.

Turtle_Testudo, Owyn Magnus and tech like this.
  5. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

I think the bigger concern is the juggle plus instant rays.

As a destroyer I would be hoping that better armour will mitigate a good chunk of damage.

Kwatos and jakobmillah like this.
  6. Finnad

Finnad Air Elemental
    Legend

Fact is very few people want to go grind on a spawn solo for literally hours and days on end, especially while getting shitblasted by 20h a day players.

This is why imo fleshed out spawn scaling is so important for perception of grind.

not having to grind 100 spells to compete helps too

Codeman, Maejohl, Rosco and 5 others like this.
  7. jakobmillah

When you mention rays in particular, I agree. The problem is that the people seeking pvp and aiming for pve-ers get the advantage of hitting a person for 100-200 damage before the victim can react. You also tend to go with very mediocre equipment.

8. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Wait you can lose items, get bindcamped, and lose holdings in WoW now?

Hoooooooooly. I'm going back to WoW.

Killa162, Rorschach, SomeBK and 5 others like this.
  9. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Perhaps some of it has to do with the advertising for the game "wow so skill" "skillcap off the charts"

When in actuality it's just an mmo like any other where you have to grind hard for levels and gear

The schism is between how the game is portrayed and reality

WithoutShame likes this.
  10. Kwatos

Kwatos Infernal

Lol

Teclis likes this.
  11. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

Honestly everything is fine, the people that have played a lot of beta and are playing a lot now obviously are shitting on everyone else on the server, but really, there was no avoiding this and things are not that hard for the average player, you can level and profit on literally any creature on the map after the loot table changes, there was a lot of free meditation/gold at the beggining, the grind itself isn't that absurd, etc.

I agree with Finnad that there should be more spawns scaling and so on, but that's about it, things are ok.

Thubub, Sero and jakobmillah like this.
  12. Fawley

Fawley Fire Elemental
    Legend

A 2 day character with a vet is going to stomp a noob with a near maxed account right now anyways. Character gap isn't nearly as much of an issue as skill gap which is not something you can just fix.

13. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

The difference is a level 10 and a 70 won't be in the same place inother games, there is also no real punishment for death in other games, and there are restrictions on killing low level chars as well as safe areas like High Security space in EvE where newbs/bads can retreat to learn and skill up until they're pvp viable

If only someone had talked about the power gap in this game and offered suggestions on how to ease it a year ago...

14. jakobmillah

I want to see that happen. That is BS at it's finest.

fullmight and Rosco like this.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Goblin Warrior

i was concerned too, people running around with max out schools nuking me with r90s but I'm very casual player and looking back to dfo time i have a lot better character then i would have back then so I'm ok with that. I know ill catch up and its not gonna take that long

16. SupDude

SupDude Gravelord
    Legend

I mean , yes there is a gap atm coz not everyone has the same playtime , just like every other games.
    But if someones working has most of his spells already , others can too. Stop putting people into categories that means nothing just to try to prove a point.
    Let's not pretend that schools from 1 to 75-80 aren't fast , it's just a few hours of grind per school and you can unlock most of your useful spells minus 2-3.
    Some people , veterans or noobs , are just more efficient in general in grinding or farming than most others.

DeadlyHit and jakobmillah like this.
  17. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

You are definitely correct that the gap in character power is rather large, compounded by all around know how and player skill. I believe most vets leave new players alone. What do you feel is a good solution to the gap?

Nat and Fengor like this.
  18. Yourlordandsavior

Yourlordandsavior Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

if you get hit for 200 damage before you react I think you need to put on those headphones and bind sword and board.

19. Stoned

Stoned Goblin Warrior
    Tester

I'm starting to think everyone just wants to start with a max player.

Kwatos likes this.
  20. jakobmillah

stormblast, ray, ray. 120 dmg. add fall damage and another spell when I land. That was from 1 guy. What if both attacked me at the same time?

We can go on about being ready with 1h shield as soon as I get stormblasted, but please.

After creating this thread I got to understand what is the main issue. Rays.

21. jakobmillah

Wow, that escalated quickly.

I would have died in that situation regardless. My character is not developed enough. Parrying or not. I accept that.

Just a headsup mate, you should go outside and get some D-vitamin. You seem very angry.