Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The gap at this stage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jakobmillah, May 27, 2017.

1. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

If anyone's affected here it's most definitely you.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

The game right now, for me at least, is not a PvP game. It's a game where I have to get meditation points, gear, gold, essences, etc, but can get killed while doing it.

When I have the same magic or gear as the people killing me then it will be a PvP game. May as well just stand still when I see an exploding charge or wall of force at this point so I can die quicker and start farming again.

Just need nithron coins so I can legally buy gold to get my magic up... illegal gold has stupid high prices, not that I would buy it anyways from a third party.

Edit not saying I'm good and the only reason I'm losing is due to my character, but its annoying to see people in r50s and with really high magic in many schools.

Many new players are already going to leave after the first month is up in a few days... What new player is going to stick around a few months from now when almost everyone playing now is already sooooo far ahead. Sure, if they no life the game they could max in like 2 months, but who want a to get shit on completely for 2 months.

Beasty, Khazgol and Dixie Normus like this.
  3. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Fire Elemental
    Legend

This is exactly the truth to the game i have been saying it forever no one wants to PVP on your terms they want to do it on their terms. So the whole game in the beginning for them is a cat and mouse game until they feel they are at the level where they can PVP I'm sorry but to me that's a very counterintuitive game design you have basically designed a game to prequalify a very particular type of player which is in the smallest percentage of a minority that you could possibly get to enter this game so unless you have ungodly amounts of money to Market to find that small percentage you're going to have big problems

4. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

The game will soon be just like it was before it died. log on for siege, log off. Alignment system is broken, nothing but vets claiming "everything is ok, get good, grind is fine" while i agree grind is WAY less than it was it's still a grief heaven with vet neckbeard no lifers playing 18 hours a day rolling noobs for their little regs and essences making them quit. Alignment system should be #1 priority but instead they focus on housing to please the nerd vets with no jobs while noobs will probably never get a house let alone progress. rip DF #3

Kurise LXV, Salival and Khazgol like this.
  5. Salival

Salival Skeleton Archer
    Hero

Yeah I am starting to see this, I had hoped the changes BPG made and perhaps some maturity in the community would have prevented the same thing from happening in this version of DF...but appears it is following the same path and its extremely noticeable how the population has shrank since launch....drastically.

I hope things turn around but tbh....the server issues, the community...the alignment system...well see but atm its eerily similar to the last year of DF1.

Kurise LXV and Zeiken like this.
  6. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Yup

I didn't even want to say this because I've been pretty negative lately (Realistic)

focusing on housing while the game is largely unable to retain new players is just crazy

But at least now vets will be able to gank a noob on one continent and then teleport to their house and gank on other continents.

Beasty and Zeiken like this.
  7. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

You also chose to start in Calf, the armpit of Cairn. Every time I ride by your city you guys are camping shit spawns like Bonecrew.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  8. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

Are there really a lot of noobs being ganked by vets in starter areas?

Because if so, we need to rally up a good old fashioned anti-pk brigade to protect the newby lands.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  9. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Too late homeboy. Most of the noobs quit already

10. WizardKing

WizardKing Skeleton Archer
    Benefactor Tester

Says the guy who would not PVP in DFO until he had 100+ strength. Something is broken with your logic here. Its not the game.

11. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

I didn't know you were in contact with all the noobs that started the game.

12. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Affluent Legend

Yeah this thread has been a magnet for negative personalities to shine.

13. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

I personally have spent maybe 20 minutes total in Calf and cairn. I voiced against calf, because its a shit holding and I hate cairn. Had the decision been made with the consideration of what is around calf, we would not have settled there.

Its a terrible holding for new players, which is what comprises most of our clan.

Try living on cairn as a new player. The spawns are camped by vets. Calf is raided non stop by vets. The new players are farming what they can, before they ganked for the 10th time that day.

Yes, calf was a horrible choice for a new player city.

That being said, there still is not content in this game other than the horrible grind and new players get shit on at every step.
    --- Post updated ---
    Most of them have. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

We have 170ish people in LXV, mostly new. Almost all of them dont log on anymore.

The game is not accommodating to new players. Unless DRASTIC changes can be made, all of which the bitchy vets will refuse, this game will be dead as UW in 2-3 months.

Rushing this game out has already done serious harm to the future of Rise of Agon and New Dawn.

14. White Panda

White Panda Goblin Warrior

No offense but if u got 170 ppl in ur clan and u cant secure some spawns around ur holding you are failing hard. With that force u could secure half the island.

In df1 launch guilds had groups patrolling for defense and groups farming..

A guild with propper organization and teamplay can greatly enhance a new players experience.

15. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

@Andrew im sure u guys are discussing this subject. u care to say something about?

im telling new ppl.. "relax, they will do something to make it more dynamic, easier.."

should i stop to say that to them?

16. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Ya let's just hold hands and dance around while pretending everything is alright

All critique is "negativity"

But it's no surprise since you're a veteran.

Watch for when/if BPG shows unique IP login analytics

The negativity is a reflection of reality. But once again - veterans are not living in the real world here. Step back from your maxed toon for a sec and look at the situation dispassionately

17. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

Right...

Just that easy huh?

I remember CoE and Really Good Friends destroying Imperium when we did anything as a group. Jonah targeted Calf and forced us to come out to fight his band of vets under threat of destroying the city.

RGF ambushed us when we had a clan outing when scrappers were released.

I can list so many instances of this happening. And every instance we dramatically out numbered out opponents.

No. New players are not going to coordinate and beat coordinated vets wih better stats and gear. They destroy new players easily outnumbered.

18. Nef

Nef Ghost

Lol now that the videos are being released with people cycling 75 in all rays, wof, AOEs, and R90s... I really feel behind haha.

Salival likes this.
  19. vehementi

vehementi Goblin Warlord

You can't expect them to secure cairn with a guild of noobs. "170 patrolling noobs" is going to do nothing but donate gear to strong character vets. In DF1 the grind took 6 months and everyone sucked so noobs could zerg people down or scare them off at the start when even the best players had relatively weak characters. Now you have people with maxed characters (and know how to cross buff which wasn't a thing at the start of DFO) who have been playing for 5 years that are going to obliterate an unlimited number of noobs (there is a breakpoint where smart play can take people down but the average noob force is not there yet and someone like buff bot is going to string out and kill an unlimited number of mediocre players).

Also, it is expected that a ton of people quit any MMO after the first month. Also we expect the noob zones to empty out over time. So I wouldn't raise the alarms just yet. First hand accounts by LXV though should be heavily weighted though.

Salival and Kurise LXV like this.
  20. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Fire Elemental
    Legend

Did I not just say people are going to PVP on their terms not yours where in my statement does this contradict that also you're not going to change the way the player reacts to the environment no matter how much you want to kick and stamp your feet and tell people that they're just not good enough the outcome will always be the same