Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The "I quit" threads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADtheMADDEST, Jul 6, 2017.

1. MADtheMADDEST

MADtheMADDEST Competition Winner
    Legend Streamer ANN Reporter

What is the number 1 reason people are quitting and what can we do to bring people back/keep people?

KingLlama, DarkGhost25 and Sero like this.
  2. TheLastAirbender

TheLastAirbender Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Remove the grind.

Sameog, The Cannibal and Truedon like this.
  3. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

There isn't number one reason, to think so would be ridiculous. Otherwise, you can look at every thread on a case by case basis.

The worst problem imho is devs being silent in all of the threads. It seems like they don't know themselves on what to do. There are way more people who just quit without saying anything, showing them some sort of action plan or keeping them involved would at least allow getting more information on what can be done to fix it. Them staying silent just makes it seems that it's pointless.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    foolofatom, Bandido and Zeiken like this.
  4. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Hate to say it but... content. People complain about grind but even when finished there's just not a whole lot to do.

5. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

Haven't seen a single person quit because of the grind. Come on guys this is an MMO, having a grind is nothing new. Go back to league if you want an arena.

Inositol, DeadlyHit, Vrain and 5 others like this.
  6. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENA. ENDLESS ELO GRIND = BEST CONTENT EVER CREATED.

7. TheLastAirbender

Legend

Content for me is making gold, so i'm content.

rats, Damaja and Nat like this.
  8. LRM

LRM Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

There is more grind in league to get runes and level 30 than in RoA.

9. TheLastAirbender

Legend

I've had 2 friends quit.

Zeiken likes this.
  10. Talkin Bidness

Talkin Bidness Goblin Warrior

Input of work / output of fun needs to be majorly looked at. This is a freaking pvp game all most people wanna do is pvp. Don't make me grind for 10x longer than I get to pvp.

Also bring the tedium down. Sorting bags after grinding or getting a kill is an absolute nightmare. Need to be able to click "auto bank" that is channeled and takes a minute or so that will move items from your bag into your bank if you already have stacks of the item in there.

Probably most important is a real anti cheat and real punishment for exploiters. Having duperats in bed with the devs is more detrimental than the server lag.

11. zato1

zato1 Goblin Warrior

yes. been saying this since 2008.

DF needs structured and rewarding content. if the gameplay is supposed to be good enough, then the ELO grind is the only content that is ever needed.

Sandbox elements can be improved once the content-less void that is currently known as DFO is solved.

Synik and Sero like this.
  12. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

PVP gets really boring when there are no stakes and everyone is maxed. If you don't believe this just look back at beta or the last year of DFO.

It's boring as hell and if there were no grind I probably would've quit already.

13. TheLastAirbender

Legend

If I had to add content, it would be pvp rewards-- something to go out and pvp for. You know, maybe you can turn in heads for gear, regs, etc. Since right now they are useless.

rats and Sero like this.
  14. MADtheMADDEST

MADtheMADDEST Competition Winner
    Legend Streamer ANN Reporter

Darkfall is like gritty black crack coffee that tweaks you out; if you look at every MMO there is flavor and fluff. I'm a nerd and I would love to see "GOOD" in-game music/environmental sounds, quests, cosmetics, lore, minigames, shit like that. That being said I don't think that will solve the current issue. I'm just trying to get an idea of how people feel and what we/BPG can do about it.

streaml1ne likes this.
  15. Repo

Repo Goblin Scout

If people are quitting from the grind then there is no way they would stay anyways it would be something else in a week or two and they would be gone. Also if there was no grind this game would die just as fast if not faster. It gets boring very quickly when u are fully maxed out with unlimited gear and just pvp. The #1 reason ppl are leaving is because of content there needs to be more things to keep peoples attentions. For the ppl that dont like grinding there needs to be some kind of content that they can do for a while to take there mind off the grind and just have fun besides the pvp.

rats, Brown Dorf, Mea Kulpa and 2 others like this.
  16. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

Grind in a PvP centric mmorpg = stupid.
    the player that joins today will lose every single fight for the next 2 months. you have to be a masochist to stick that out if you're brand new to DFO

also the fact the devs don't fix any bugs and NO content will be added for MONTHS+++ to keep the vets still active and wanting to log in.

have you seen their road map? ........... founders blade and cash shop items, LOLO!L!O!L@ RWE TRSDG DFG DFSG SHSDFGH SDFAG FZXG ZFX

17. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Gotta give content for people who's main focus ISN'T pvp, but can still generate PvP.

IE the Darkfall Card idea. Go out and farm rare mobs for rare cards etc.

18. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Also armor dyes incoming!!

Zeiken likes this.
  19. Zeiken

Zeiken Undead Dwarf

This. Like every fucking post made of people quitting/complaints. nolifing kids just don't get it.

Mighty Mouse likes this.
  20. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

My go to content will always be an Arena first.

After that it's a crapshoot.

Quests, would be really nice, with special rewards.

Minigames are nice but get boring and require a lot of new mechanical implementation.

The territorial control will be nice, but I fear will cause a massive influx of materials to the eco. Still if people have to defend their territory and be out in the world it'll be cool.

Changing the siege system to be more interactive or something rather would be really cool.

More dungeons.

Sprucing up the champion spawns and making it so they aren't a ghetto "press start" button.
    --- Post updated ---
    Most Darkfallers content is the bank grind, and pvp grind. It's what Darkfall has always been about.

NonFactor likes this.