Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The "I quit" threads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADtheMADDEST, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

My point exactly. Although the gear value is part of what makes Darkfall, Darkfall

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. zakai

zakai Goblin Scout
    Legend

Full plate sets with Q4 enchants should take 30 minutes to 1 hour of gameplay maximum. Infernal sets should take 10 hours and dragon sets 40 hours. Right now no one wants to fight because it takes way too long to get any decent gear and it's not like you can competitively fight in R40s.

Kwatos, The Cannibal and Sero like this.
  3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

If.a vet 1v10s thats not a problem with the game.

The gear gap? Yes i think the R40s/scale/plate could use a buff.

Kwatos likes this.
  4. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

if this is true this is sad. I am shocked they did not add reasons for pvp. They def cleaned up the gui though

Kwatos likes this.
  5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Id be more.for buffing plate/and R40s to entry level competitive.

Kwatos likes this.
  6. ChronoHood

ChronoHood Windlord
    Hero

Really? This is what you wanted? --- This is what you're getting.
    UO was never about gear grinding. It was about maxing your 7 skills and having fun. And it wasnt that tedious. For some reason this game is being peddled as one that needs to be 100x more grindier to be effective.. but as we're seeing , that's not the case.

The only thing that will help this game survive is to make PvP more accessible. Make the fun more accessible.
    This can only be done with runes and runebooks and damn near instant travel. Sure it will change the game ... it will make people login and do what they want without thinking .. "Well I dont feel like running for an hour.. and probably finding outnumbered PvP anyway .. and wasting that hour or 2" .. Which is why I generally just harvest my ass off and trade for the shit I want .. but I cant even stomach it in this game. Who in their right mind could? Sorry , I have a life now.. like .. really.

7. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

MMOArena Darkfall is the dream

Kwatos and Sero like this.
  8. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

So is it an arena or an MMO?

Whilst I probably would play an ELO based dueling version of Darkfall (DF style combat without the grind), I like DF as an MMO too.

People who want to turn DF into an arena annoy me. Do they want to play an MMO or not?

The portal system IMO hurts the game because it means less people out in the world getting from A to B. Their desire for instant action has literally reduced the probability of actually getting any action.

9. rikilii

rikilii Infernal

Why? Just fight in Plate, with no enchants. Why does Full Plate with Q4 enchants have to be the arbitrary floor for PVP gear?

10. Kurist

Kurist Goblin Scout

How long did DFO last? How long did DFUW last? EXACTLY.

At some point all of us nostalgic vets need to wake up and realize that the formula that Aventurine and now BPG is following DOES NOT WORK. The PvP portion of the game is fun. The PvE grind/harvesting is not all that fun outside of the launch window when everyone is fighting for spawns. I've been playing MMOs since the original Dark Age of Camelot. PvE grinds in PvP games are an anchor that drags the games down when they are made the focus. Yes, PvE should be there, yes, harvesting crafting should be there. But make it easier to PvP. Make PvP more rewarding for individuals. Examples: Titles for # of kills, Mat gains based on weekly PvP performance, unique loot drops, a "head store" to buy vanity items, task based on PvP, Clan bonuses based on friendship/play time together, etc. Easy stuff. just get out of your nostalgic mindset and be creative BPG! Darkfall onlne FAILED. Darkfall Unholy Wars FAILED. This game will fail too if you follow the same formula.

Airenn, Kwatos and clyde frog like this.
  11. clyde frog

clyde frog Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Honestly this all we have been saying for so long. BPG does not understand this. I wish they did. I wanted this game to succeed so badly. But they think they know better than the people playing the game who quit. The fault lies 100% with BPG they refuse to acknowledge that their idea just is not appealing to the vast majority of players.

Kwatos likes this.
  12. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

?

Massively Multiplayer Online Arena (Game)

Kwatos and Kurist like this.
  13. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Gravelord

Lol at all the people thinking AV had it right by labeling DFO as an MMO.

Kwatos and Kurist like this.
  14. Kurist

Kurist Goblin Scout

The worst part is AV believed it themselves. Just Like BPG seems to believe. The PvE, harvesting, crafting portion of the game should not be the focus like it has been in DFO, DFUW and now this game. You added housing...whoopee! How long did that excitement last? 1 week?

Adding dyes and housing and player vending is not what people want to do in Darkfall. They want to kill other people and take their loot! Make it easier! Make the loot more varied and exciting! Make it easier to get to PvP. Make it easier to be viable in PvP. Give rewards for doing PvP.

DFO and DFUW both failed following your current formula. Guess what? This game is failing too! Wake up! Make bold, meaningful changes. Forget nostalgia, that won't save your investment. Make this game work by making it focus on its strengths.

15. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

The problem isn't that gear is too hard to get though.

It's that gear flows upwards. People with strong toons farm people with low toons for gear. That's the issue. And with the current elite-vet nutcup that's happening with elites all congregating into a handful of clans too scared to fight each other in case they piss of someone who actually poses a threat to them, this will continue to happen.

Currently unless you have a maxed out toon your chances in PvP are slim. People will try to tell you that it's not their toons that make them win - it's their personal skill. Bullshit. The toon skill gap is large enough to make people with relatively poor FPS skills a massive threat with a significantly high enough toon. Just watch a few PvP videos on YouTube and see just how 'skilled' most of these players are. Most are slightly above average at best, and miss half their spells and still manage to kill a guy with half their mana pool left over.

The people who ground toons to completion early on will continue to dominate, even if you make it easier to obtain gear. You'll just spend 30 minutes gathering before handing your gear to a maxed out toon rather than 2 hours. In fact, by making gear easier to obtain, there's a good chance those maxed out toons will simply just start showing up in infernal instead of robes.

If they seriously want to make a difference to this game, then reduce grind by making more play styles viable. They don't need to reduce the individual skill grind, just reduce the number of skills needed to be viable.

Even if you start this game today and rock 100 gs mastery and 100 sharpshooter in a week, you're still going to have lower quickness, lower dexterity, lower strength and lower vitality. That veteran toon you're fighting regenerates health faster, regenerates stamina faster, regenerates mana faster, has bonuses to all of the above, hits harder than you do with both bow and sword, swings and shoots faster, has more health, mana and hp, and receives less damage per hit.

You need to wear 5-8 more points of physical protections before you even come close to matching their damage hit for hit, and they still have more hp after all that. And that's assuming they don't cast stone-skin, which is about 2.1 points of protection with a Q2 magnituded blackbolt, with ZERO earth intensify.

Even after their mana penalties, they still have more mana than you, and if you take the same bonuses they do, you have no mana to do anything with. Their archmage, veteran mage and mana conservation mean they use significantly less mana and stamina to kill you, than you do them. They can happily handle 2, 3, possibly 4 of your peers whilst you're exhausted after fighting just one of them.

If you do manage to get them low, you get to watch them bunny hop off into the distance, then heal-up and come back at you with full health in no time at all.

Reducing gear grind isn't the answer. It's really not that bad. I can go out and gather the mats for a suit of plate-scale mix in about 30 minutes.

Its the fact that once wearing that plate-scale mix, I'm still completely gimp unless I have a bunch of skills I rarely used maxed out and grind hours for the sake of keeping pace with the maxed out toons.

ElrinaS and Kwatos like this.
  16. Kwatos

Kwatos Infernal

Well said

MikeJT likes this.
  17. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

So what changes would you make to achieve this?

18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

make an arena. add an elo system. winner gets the bag and elo.

hi I'm sero, how are you. welcome to the shitshow.

19. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

So organise an arena in game then.

Don't wait for devs to do it for you.

20. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

What kind of a crack addicted adhd ridden drool encrusted loser decides to chase some guy across the map for a fight the other guy DOES NOT want and then cries that it isn't fun? If it's not fun don't chase.... it was fun for him to get run down and killed? Maybe we should nerf you because you're not fun.

#280 kilrath81, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    ElrinaS and MikeJT like this.