Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The "I quit" threads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADtheMADDEST, Jul 6, 2017.

1. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

LMAO yeah I kind felt that too.

I still can't believe they nerfed mount HP for the sake of the 1 in 30 people who actually carried 3 mounts. The only time I carried more than 1 mount was when I picked up a team-mates mount when they left it behind to chase someone. I don't think I've ever carried 3 mounts. That'd be like nerfing all armor protections for the 1 in 1000 people that go out in full-dragon. But for some reason not all gear advantages are treated the same.

I think the main reason vets are mad is because they have to actually work for their loot now. Mounts were pretty much irrelevant in DFO with every long term player having begone, stormblast and shrapnel to catch up with you anyway. If you ran into the wrong people in DFO there was literally nothing you could do to escape unless you had all those spells too.

Nerfing the weights of various things is the first mistake they made (more weight allowance for mounts). Adding instant-sprint to mount sprinting was the second mistake. Nerfing mount health to make-up for the first two mistakes was the third mistake.

Increasing the mount weight so people can't carry 3 mounts is the obvious solution, but I guess that'd make Battlehorn users cry because they couldn't carry a Bhorn + a regular mount anymore. It'd also kind of screw noobs who don't have Pack Mule as well, although this is less of an issue than how royally they've screwed noobs who've now had their chances of escape cut by about 25% by reducing mount HP.

They've also screwed anyone who used mounted combat as a viable way to play the game.

People are far more likely to actually go out into the world and DO STUFF if they know that they can pop a mount and escape with a reasonable chance of success. The less likely people are to be able to escape the less likely they are to leave their cities and the less likely they are to resub when their subscriptions due.

I mean god forbid people actually have to SNEAK UP on someone, and not let their presence be known before jumping them at a spawn. Right now you can pretty much send someone a message saying "Oh hey there noob, I'm about to roll-up on your spawn, kill and gank you and take all the loot you've spent the last hour accumulating. Just letting you know. You might be able to escape if you spawn your mount right now and run like hell but in all probability I'll catch up with you and kill you anyway. See you soon!" and still end up with their loot.

Reducing mount health seriously unfairly penalises new players whilst barely making a difference to vets who drop off a mount to begone the second they give chase anyway.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

xD xD xD
    --- Post updated ---
    THIS LITERALLY HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME. NO ONE WANTS A FIGHT THEY CANT WIN DERP DER, BECAUSE THEYRE SCARED BITCHES.
    --- Post updated ---
    You really are shit tier arent you? Like really really bad at this game? Big ole champ for noobs wants noobs to stay noob forever and not have to learn the game.

GOD FORBID A NOOB HAS TO LEARN HOW TO ESCAPE A BAD SITUATION WITHOUT A 1 CLICK GET OUT OF JAIL FREE DERP CARD. DERP DER DER.

LETS PERPETUATE STUPIDITY WITHIN OUR NOOBS SO THEY CAN STAY BAD FOREVER AND HELP KEEP DUMBING DOWN THE GAME FOR US.

ITS A PVP GAME, NOT A CAREBEAR ISLAND. GET GUD OR GO HOME SHITTER.

Real Talk, are you one of those guys who logs in and is all like, HAR MATES, WHAT ARE WE GOING OUT HUNTING TODAY? SHALL WE GO FOR A STROLL ALONG THE BEAUTIFUL BEACHES OF YSSAM!?

#282 Sero, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

What are you talking about?

Seriously mate what are you talking about? Learn to escape a bad situation? What by leveling up begone to 75 and pressing space bar? Oh and then leveling GM up to get shrapnel in case you screw up your begone? Or leveling air magic to 70 for stormblast for an easy escape with that too? Or carrying some light battlespikes?

Where is this "skill" you're talking about? Pressing space bar as you hit the ground? You think that's skill?

Stop crutching on a stupid game mechanic. You're truly pathetic if you think bunny hopping in this game takes "skill".

I get it though mate - you're from the pathetic MMORPG player crowd who thinks if they have a better character, they should win 100% of the time.

I mean there's usage of terrain, using blinds to break people off, misdirection, hiding, actually winning a fight, picking your engagements so you don't end up getting zerged - all great options for not losing a fight, but you think "me use spell, me go fast" is the epitome of gaming skill?

Have you actually played anything but Darkfall in your life?

[​IMG]

kilrath81 likes this.
  4. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

IF ITS SO EASY WHY DO YOU WANT TO BUFF MOUNTS? DERP DER DER DER. LETS PROVIDE A FREE MEANS OF ESCAPE WITH NO DOWNSIDE SO ALL THE LITTLE NOOBLETS CAN ESCAPE.

THE BEST PART. FROM THAT CLEVER MEME YOU GENERATED, I CAN TELL YOU DONT HAVE A FUCKING CLUE ABOUT THIS GAME, ESPECIALLY SINCE THE SECOND LEVEL IS PART OF THE LAST ONE OTHERWISE YOU'RE DOGSHIT. LOLOLOLOLOL.

SHIT TIER.
    --- Post updated ---
    I LOVE WATCHING SHIT TIERS LIKE YOU CRY LIKE THIS. IT GETS ME SO HARD. YOU ARE SO DAMN BAD.

Attached Files:

#284 Sero, Jul 16, 2017
  5. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

And what exactly is casting begone and flying away into the distance with a couple of presses of spacebar? Oh and then if you screw that up you cast another spell, then if you screw that up your cast another spell, and then if you screw that up the first spell is on cool-down.

You don't want an Arena because it's good for the game. You want an arena so it can stroke your ego even more and it can confirm what you already know - You have a good toon.

This is you PvPing. Have you actually watched yourself play?

Look at all those spells you miss. HA HA HA HA! YOU are telling people to get good? YOU? YOU want an arena?

Oh my lord, you make me laugh.

Look at that 427 hp, 413 stamina, and 353 mana. Or do you call it skill?

Can you actually land a spell that isn't a ray on anything smaller than a mount? Can you kill someone without relying on nukes you barely have to aim? Can you hit someone with you haven't knocked up flying predictably through the air? You can't even hit them when you have!

I bet you ground your way up to Wall of Force pretty damn quick because you can barely hit anything without it. LMAO.

Do people actually take you seriously as a 'top tier' PvPer?

And I know you don't want the grind reduced because if the grind was reduced we might accidentally attract some people with actual skill into the game and then you and your insanely grinded toon buddies would probably quit after getting your shit pushed in every night for months.

You know what other game has bunny hopping?

Quake. Quake has bunny hopping. And you know what? They made it AUTOJUMP.

Why? Because PRESSING THE SPACE BAR TAKES NO SKILL.

Timing your jumps was 1/100th of the skill of bunny hopping in Quake and the ability to PRESS THE SPACE BAR was considered so inconsequential that they took it out to save people having to spam space bar 1000 times during a match.

When they first took it out, I was like "OH NO! They lowered the skill cap of Quake!", and then it took me about 2 days to realise, no, they didn't. It's irrelevant. It takes no skill. It's like requiring someone to tap W in time to a beat to walk forward. It'd just be annoying. It adds nothing to the game.

And I have no doubt that when the rest of the server catches up to your toon you'll probably sell it to someone else and then come back for the next iteration of Darkfall to grind up another toon and dominate noobs all over again to stroke your ego.

Fact: You're not good. You just have a good toon.

Unlike you, I actually want to see this game succeed and giving anyone with no life the ability to opt out of combat with no-skill cheese spells you're forced to grind out to play the game doesn't help with population numbers. I want people to be focusing on leveling their mastery and sharpshooter, not their damn begone.

6. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

1 V 1 ME SHIT TIER.

7. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

When my characters done in 6 months sure buddy. But game will be dead by then.

GG

8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

CHARACTER WAS DONE IN 2 WEEKS. STAY GARBAGE KID. ALL YOU DO IS MAKE EXCUSES LIKE THE REST OF THE SHIT TIERS.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA BEHIND THE BASIS OF AN ARENA. BECAUSE YOU'RE STUPID AND SHIT AT THE GAME.

WHY DO YOU PLAY THIS GAME? TO PIXEL HOARD?

ALL WE HAVE RIGHT NOW IS PVP FOR PVP SAKE. IT'S POINTLESS. AN ARENA RATING IS THE CONVERSION OF GEAR AND PIXELS INTO STATUS.

WHY SIEGE? TO GET SICK AWESOME SPAWNS? FARM THOSE SPAWNS FOR WHAT? FOR GEAR? WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE GEAR? SIEGE SOME MORE FOR THINGS YOU DON'T NEED? DER DER DER.

QUESTIONS MY ABILITY AS A PLAYER > SAYS HAS MAX TOON > DOESNT REALIZE HES THE ONLY KID IN GAME WITHOUT A MAX TOON > MAKES EXCUSES WITH 0 BACKING TO HIS CLAIMS = TRASH TIER.

STAY SHIT FOREVER KID. YOU KNOW NOTHING.

9. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Your PvP videos are evidence you're average at best.

You grinded your toon up then rolled around shitting on people who didn't grind, they quit. Grinding is not a skill, son. I don't think you actually have any skills.

So enjoy your dead game whilst your stroke yourself to the fact you have a good toon in a video game.

And you don't want PvP you want easy kills with a maxed out toon to so you can feel good about yourself.

If you wanted a challenge you might drop a siege on someone who's actually a threat to you.

Ever heard the term "Pick on someone your own size"? You're a bad AND a coward.

Who's hoarding pixels mate? At least when I go out PvPing I don't specifically rock up to cities full of low end toons.

10. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT 3 MONTHS INTO ROA THIS KIDS HUNG UP ON CHARACTER ADVANTAGE. CHRIST. LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    --- Post updated ---
    YOU'RE A JOKE. "DEAD GAME" GREATEST MEME EVER, AS I THROW OUT 2 VIDS IN A DAY OF PVP. LOLOLOLOLOL.

WHAT AN IDIOT.

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Is it weird this is what pops in my head every time I see "1v1 me"?

MikeJT and Sero like this.
  12. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

FYI: SHIT TIER: TOP TIERS DONT WANT AN ARENA FOR EGO STROKE, THEY WANT AN ARENA SO THEY CAN CONSTANTLY FIGHT EACH OTHER AND CREATE NEW METAS/NEW WAYS TO BEAT EACH OTHER, YOU'D KNOW THIS IF YOU WERE EVER GOOD AT ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    upload_2017-7-16_9-30-58.gif upload_2017-7-16_9-30-58.gif upload_2017-7-16_9-30-59.gif upload_2017-7-16_9-30-59.gif
    --- Post updated ---
    I love that scene, Rob Stark lets go of his ego, and puts his people before his selfish desires. Something all these morons are incapable of realizing: I AM ACTUALLY ATTEMPTING TO DO.

The difference is this isn't a war, or a siege, it's an attempt to help make the playerbase better in general/have more fun. The game would be a lot more fun if shit tiers like this mikejt kid could fight people his own skill level and try and climb a skill ladder then get dumpstered and salty all day.

13. LRM

LRM Goblin Warlord
    Supporter

Someone got triggerd

MikeJT likes this.
  14. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

How would you know what top tiers want?

15. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

CLUELESS. TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE SHIT TIER: WHAT IS A 1V1 BO3 TOURNAMENT? IS IT ARENA STYLED MATCH UP FOR PLAYERS TO ATTEMPT TO KILL EACH OTHER PERHAPS? WHO GOES TO TOURNAMENTS, ESPECIALLY ONES THAT COST 100K? PEOPLE WITH NUTSACKS, PEOPLE WHO DON'T WHINE ABOUT CHARACTER CRUTCH, PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GET BETTER AT THE GAME BY FIGHTING SKILLED OPPONENTS, PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HAVE FUN. LITERALLY THE EVIDENCE IS RIGHT INFRONT OF YOUR DUMBASS AND YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO NOTICE ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU'RE IN LALA LAND DER DER DER.
    --- Post updated ---
    Stupidity and ignorance triggers the hell out of me. It is a god damn disease within our pathetic species.

#295 Sero, Jul 16, 2017
  16. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

It's pretty funny that you think I'm salty. You have a low end toon, you get ganked by people with higher end toon. That's part of the game.

But when a lot of people come to this game, they start leveling their toon, and the day they actually start to become even a partial threat, and get some guy low and he goes "by by!" with one of many spells, and then heals up from nothing to full in seconds, and these players realise how much of a hill they have to climb before they even stand a chance, they quit. That's pretty much it.

I've never said "remove bunny hopping", like many people have, I've just said you shouldn't be able to do it indefinitely. Bunny hopping along at 5 hp is just retarded.

Then you mention how retarded it is, and someone tells you it's about 'skill'? Nah, it's not. It's about having a good toon. Gratz.
    --- Post updated ---
    From watching your videos, I'm pretty sure Darkfall is the only game where you would ever be considered anywhere near top tier. But after all it really does have a low skill ceiling.

17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

upload_2017-7-16_9-47-5.gif upload_2017-7-16_9-47-5.gif upload_2017-7-16_9-47-6.gif upload_2017-7-16_9-47-6.gif upload_2017-7-16_9-47-6.gif

YOU KNOW NOTHING SHIT TIER.

HEALS FROM NOTHING TO FULL IN SECONDS. LOLOLOLOLOL. LIKE THAT ISNT POSSIBLE WITH A 3 DAY OLD TOON LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

OMG YOU ARE LITERALLY COMPLAINING ABOUT PLAYER SKILL NOT CHARACTER ADVANTAGE YOU STUPID NOOB.

YOU ARE SO FRIKEN DEEP INTO YOUR OWN PIT OF SHIT IT'S PATHETIC AND I LOVE IT. YOU ARE SO GOD DAMN STUPID, YOU'D WALK INTO TRAFFIC IN AN ATTEMPT TO START A LAWSUIT.

18. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Mate, you need to see a psychiatrist and talk about your narcissism.

Have you ever heard of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Here I'll give you a snippet from Wikipedia:

"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein persons of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude. Without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence."

Watch your own PvP videos. That is not a PvP video of a good player. That is the PvP video of an average player, with a good toon.

In fact it's barely a PvP video. It's more like a PvGRA video - player vs guy running away. They're running away because they have bad toons, and they know they don't stand a chance even though you're average at best.

You are not good. There are dozens of players out there who will absolutely shit on you once they have a decent toon. I'm sure there's dozens of people out there right now who will shit on you, with far inferior toons, people who can actually aim. People who don't swing 20 times when they're out of reach like you do, like a noob.

You didn't buy your account did you? Because you really play like someone who did.

Grinding a character is not a skill. It it something people do to level their toons. It takes very little skill to do.

19. zakai

zakai Goblin Scout
    Legend

Dam you have dismantled this dude. He can't even post coherently now. Sero go take a nap so your brain can regenerate. YOU GOT CUCKED!!!!!!!!!

20. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

TALKING ABOUT THE DUNNINGKRUGER EFFECT, WE'VE HIT FULL AUTISM BOYS.

GUESS WHAT NUBLORD, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU IN TERMS OF THIS PLAYERBASE? WHY ARE YOU EVEN SPEAKING? WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING ABOUT DECENT TOON AFTER 3 MONTHS OF ROA WHICH IS THE EASIEST GRIND DARKFALL HAS EVER BEEN.

YOU ARE NOTHING. WHERE ARE THOSE DOZENS OF PLAYERS IDIOT? WHY AM I NOT IN THEIR PVP VIDEOS IDIOT? MAYBE CAUSE THERES NO GOD DAMN ARENA AND WE'VE NEVER HAD A FAIR 1V1? LOLOLOLOL MORON.

RUN YOURSELF INTO THE GROUND BABY. upload_2017-7-16_10-25-18.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-25-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-25-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-25-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-25-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-25-20.gif

THIS CONVO LITERALLY MAKES MY PEE PEE HARD.
    --- Post updated ---
    BWAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA upload_2017-7-16_10-27-6.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-27-6.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-27-6.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-27-6.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-27-6.gif
    --- Post updated ---
    I LITERALLY BECOME MANIC FROM THE AMOUNT OF INTELLECTUAL EGO BOOST TALKING TO MORONS ON THIS DAMN FORUM, OH MY GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST SHIT EVER.