Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The "I quit" threads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADtheMADDEST, Jul 6, 2017.

1. zakai

zakai Goblin Scout
    Legend

Didn't you just place 7/7 in a tournament? I would just stop talking dawg.

MikeJT likes this.
  2. Kurist

Kurist Goblin Scout

Arguing about one individual's skill or lack there of is not going to help the game. The reality is both of you acknowledge that something needs to change. The current state of the game is not working. I am in a guild that one month ago had 32 people of which 18-20 logged in on any given day. Today, I am the only one who logs in with any regularity. People are bored with the end game. New players are not joining. The few who do join quit because of the heavy grind to be competitive with existing players.

BPG needs to quit worrying about cosmetic crap like player housing, dye colors and faction change tokens. Also, PvE based tasks and quests should be put on a back burner. It is not that they cannot add these things, but the state of the game requires help now. If no one is playing, what is the point?

Reduce the grind, add PvP centric rewards, add unique weapons, skills, etc. Focus on making the game more accessible to its strengths: massive PvP battles, high risk high reward full loot PvP. Make it so everyone, even a brand new player can partake.

I am not predicting the future by saying this game is going to die. I am recalling the past. DFO and DFUW both followed the route BPG is currently following. What happened to those games? Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

Sero and MikeJT like this.
  3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

upload_2017-7-16_10-43-26.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-43-27.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-43-27.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-43-27.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-43-27.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-43-28.gif

WHERE WERE YOU IN IT DAWG? WHO NEEDS TO STOP TALKING... DAWG. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I LITERALLY LOST TO THE #1 PLAYER IN THE DAMN GAME IN MY FIRST MATCHUP, AND THEN LOST TO ANOTHER ACTUAL GOOD PLAYER IN A VERY CLOSE FIGHT. YOU ARE SO DAMN STUPID AND IGNORANT YOU SHOULD NAME YOURSELF: EITHER A. DONALD TRUMP or B. HILARY CLINTON.

I DONT MEAN THOSE AS CHOICES EITHER, I MEAN THAT BEING YOUR ENTIRE DAMN NAME.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

There's a realist among us.

If they wanted to make bunny hopping truly "skill" based, then they could put sharpnel at 10 GM, put Stormblast at 25 Air or something, and increase the levelling speed all of the above. Then remove Agility (so vets don't get reduced fall damage). This would still greatly benefit vets as they still heal-up much faster (archmage, hasten spells, intensify lesser magic, intensify witchcraft, quicken spells LM and WC)

But no, players like Sero want to keep all these spells for themselves, claiming that it's "skill" and that everyone else needs to "learn to play", and drag every player through a boring meaningless grind to be relevant.
    --- Post updated ---
    So what you're saying is that in a tournament between you and your friends, you were the worst?

Oh I get it now - you're getting carried in all your PvP videos.

5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I'M STILL LAUGHING MY ASS OFF AT THIS GUY REFERENCING THE DUNNING KREUGER EFFECT, AND THIS GUY COMING IN USING THE PHRASE "CUCK" AS SOMEONE ELSE ARGUES FOR HIM. OMG. ARE YOU PEOPLE EVEN REAL???

upload_2017-7-16_10-49-26.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-49-26.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-49-26.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-49-27.gif
    --- Post updated ---

AM I GETTING CARRIED IN ALL MY SOLO ROAMING PVP VIDEOS? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. FACT CHECK YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

upload_2017-7-16_10-50-18.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-50-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-50-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-50-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-50-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-50-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-50-19.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-50-20.gif upload_2017-7-16_10-50-20.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.
    --- Post updated ---
    ARE YOU HIGH? I LITERALLY DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT BUNNY HOPPING SKILLS LOCATION ON THE GRIND. I'D PREFER THEM TO BE LOWER SO NOOBS LIKE YOU STOP COMPLAINING.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME KID. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    --- Post updated ---
    YOU CAN LITERALLY GET BEGONE AND SHRAPNEL IN LIKE 3 DAYS LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    --- Post updated ---

6. black horseman

black horseman Skeleton Archer

Sero can you please chill the fuck out?

7. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

What for. Seriously. What for. Gimme a good reason.

8. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Gravelord

So.much.CAPS.

Why Sero? *sigh*

There should be one "I Quit" yada yada Subforum so all the negativity can be consolidated in one place and the rest of us don't have to scroll through I Quit type thread titles

M ~

Sero likes this.
  9. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

LET'S SEE WHAT YALL TAKE AWAY FROM THIS VIDEO OF STELLAR GAMEPLAY.

10. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Game need post-grind grind. No one thinks of grind as a good thing, but everyone needs a goal to accomplish, or they won't log in. When my character is maxed, what goal is left to pursue?

BPG could literally add a shop that'll let players pay gold to have their character's eyes permanently glow. Different colors, different prices - 100k-10mill. I wouldn't want to be the dickhead rocking the 100k pleb eyes, I'd go hard for the 10mill blood-red-did-this-nerd-really-pay-10-fucking-mill eyes.

Fashionfall dude. Guarantee it'd retain a some players and keep the carrot firmly on the end of that stick for a long time. Not saying everyone would be into it, but any number of players it would retain is worth the miniscule amount of dev time it would require.

Although it would mostly appeal to the more "hardcore" of RoA's playerbase, players that don't necessarily need to be "retained", because we're addicted anyways... It would keep them off the bank, in the world, doing shit. This provides incentive for other players to roam spawns in search of nerds on that fluorescent eyeball grind.

I guess my point is that the "content" doesn't need to be complex, it just needs to exist.

Also I'm serious, I would grind for as long as it takes for some glowing eyes. As long as you add tiers, it doesn't really matter what the most expensive tier is, because that's a big part of the incentive, exclusivity.

(Maybe have them toggle off when you crouch, with a nice eased fade for stealthiness when the occasion calls for it.)

Also, dat gold sink.
    Also, dat end-goal for the wealth-focused players who sit around and trade all day. They can't do shit with 2mill gold right now except buy a house, which is their plan right now, but what happens after that? Once you've got 5 years of game time and a villa, why bother with accruing more wealth? OH SHIT, ACCRUING WEALTH WAS THEIR WHOLE PURPOSE IN DARKFALL. CARROT'S GONE. GG.

Also, continuing this shitshow of a post: Titles. I want a title for achieving hard accomplishments. 50k mob kills? Title. 10+ K/D with 1k or more kills? Title. (Fix it so you can't get K/D credit for killing the same player over and over, add a cooldown after you kill someone)

EEEEEEZ

#310 Inositol, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Sero likes this.
  11. Zoop Keep

Zoop Keep New Member

Number one reason for people to stop playing is the Grind. Where grinding for a goal in other games feels like a reward in Df that isnt the case at all. How something feels is more important then if the numbers and the timeperiod of that grinding is limited. Not every grind is a nice and enjoyable grind and the grind in DF is afwul, after each door you open another grind starts etc etc.

For instance you are a new player, you want to explore the game before getting into a clan. To be able to gear up[ they need to grind tailoring/staffmaking/weapon crafting etc etc total gold cost to be viable on your own is well over 200/300k besides the mat grind. (frustration level is rising) After they find out it isnt easy as a solo playter they start looking at buying or asking someone to craft it for them but if they didnt choose the human race Sanguine is a looooooing way from home. (frustration level is rising again). By now allready 50% of the new players stopped playing totally since it takes 2 much time and there are better looking games with easier acces to end game content. The remaining 50% found the way to get nice weapons and gear and some gold for regs and stuff, so the newbie started farming gold to get magic schools unlocked and try to get melee and archery as high as they can. After hours and hours of killing monsters that guy want to taste PVP, that guy has been playing for more then a few days and just want to have some fun. If he is lucky he finds some players with simular skil llevels so he gets drawn deeper in the game but what is far more likely to happen is that the guy gets beaten in seconds and teebeagged with some immature comment on chat about him being a noob.

Only 1% of the gamers i know keeps playing after that. Gamer X spend a few days ingame to find out he needs to grind for everything he cant make his own stuff and gets slaughtered in pvp. If he wants to be pvp viable he has to kill thousands of monster more.... Yes DF grind is less then before and other games have longer grinds but the fact is the grind in DF is not fun at all.

solution:
    * Crafting armor/weapons/tailoring etc all basic crafting options should be for free and open from the start. Remove all cloth/chain r0/r10 etc all bullshit weapons and armor no one uses at all from the game. Make them unlockable for instance so if you have 50 mining you can start smelting if you have 50 smelting you can start making weapons and metal armor etc etc. That way you challenge the player to get into it instead having to grind hundreds of monsters to able to pay for another grind.
    * Magic school needs to be unlocked and no gold req in buying them is needed. (lessermagic = 50 GM unlocksetc etc etc) Buffs or wards in the magic schools evolve with the knowledge of the magic school, so if the magic school has 50 skill points, your wards and buffs are the same.
    * Place merchants in every racial city so new players can buy r40 and starter gear. So not only in Sanguine but in every racial city since a starting player only has a racial recall and not a trading outpost recall.

That limits the gold grind for buying schools and spells and having a faster acces in making r30-r40 level of weapons and simular level in armor. In short the Grind in DF has no rewards, if you unlock something a starting player without knowledge of the game starts to wunder how do i pay for all this? Compare that 2 a new player just unlocking GM and some spells (free of charge) wow i can do more now, still a lot a work but i can do this. So i dont say remove the Grind but reward players if they reach a point instead of the negative and useless stuff we are forced to do in getting anywhere in this game.

If you like the heavy grind since that is your thing that is cool but dont be surprised if this DF version is dead after a year since in this time only 3-4% of gamers like grinding games. DF shouldnt die just because a small minority of players like grinding skills and gold...