Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The "I quit" threads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADtheMADDEST, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Drago

Drago Deadeye

tHats wrong tho.. in League you get paired against players on your level and have interesting matches from day 1.. not exactly what happens in Roa.

2. Rocky

Rocky Goblin Shaman

Ive had a couple RL friends quit recently. Mostly because this game is not for the casual player that only has 2 hours a night to play. Also, EAC is straight dogshit, i dont know why BPG wasted the money on it. There are soooo many people still cheating using aim-assists and ESP and nothing happens. Even when they upload a video of themselves cheating, nothing happens. Is this cuz they are friends with BPG? Who knows... All i know is these try-hards still cheating (since DF1) are killing the game, and BPG doing nothing about it is even worse. Why not add a banhammer website so people know who gets banned?

The Cannibal likes this.
  3. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Do you think your friends would have kept playing with a power hour mechanic?

Secondly, your post should be removed because it's legit full of fabrications.

There hasn't been a single video posted on these forums of anyone using hacks.

WyLd_SyDe and Oresmacker like this.
  4. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

Jonah, I'd wager my account that more people believe you and your clannies actively cheat, exploit and hack every day.

You did it in DFO.
    You did it on DFUW.

Your clan mates are already being called out for abusing exploits.

Im sure this time is different.

kilrath81, The Cannibal and Rocky like this.
  5. ogresk

ogresk Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Grind is fine.

I'm still working on my character (just got necro) but with only about 12 hours a week its mainly the gear. I can choose to trek somewhere for a neithal or veilron golem and kill it like 3 times but have to sacrifice grinding my character for that day.

This is if I don't get jumped by a large group.

Not the best reason but its pushing me further and further away.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Ylahoto, Synik and mrW like this.
  6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Those are some pretty big claims with no proof.

7. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

People don't like to character grind (I'm sure gear grind would be fine, as as of now that grind on top of character grind makes it long).
    There's nothing to do but open world PvP.
    PvE is boring.
    Sea Towers/Boat Combat is lame.
    Holdings are pointless.
    Server still has the occasional lag.
    Our community is garbage and some of the "elite" guilds stick their noses into everything and make other guilds unhappy for no reason other than pennies and to make people mad for entertainment.
    The grind, while in an ok state, seems long because you cast each spell 1000+ times just to level it. After the first like 5 you know what the spell does and after the first like 200 casts people are like well this is boring.
    Mobs AI are garbage. They either stand still and just get murdered or run around like chickens with their heads cut off and is annoying as shit.
    Exploits that are barely being punished and when they are punished it's a small slap on the wrist.
    People believing in GM favoritism because of ^ this right here above.
    Could go on more but yeah. The games 100% in a better state than it was in DFO, but it's still a long ways away from a true "launch" state which has some people disappointed.

8. Mork Deeork

Mork Deeork Goblin Warlord
    Legend

9. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

Well unfortunately for the devs in order to make paricular regions valuable a certain few things have to happen which the vocal minority would crush in an instant. Sooo, this is your game, it's what you want. Banking is easy and travel is easy. What people fail to realize is its the inconvenience that makes pvp.

RoA really needs to push out rated pvp arena. It's the only thing this player base really wants. Easy to obtain loot in the world and a full loot arena. That's what people here really want so give it to them.

10. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

If you think local banking would solve this game....

The Cannibal, Rocky and Sero like this.
  11. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

You said it, not me. There are only a few ways to make organic pvp. Instant travel of people and goods make holdings only worth the special nodes on the city.

Which after you get gear, worthless.

12. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Prosperous Affluent Legend

DnD will be a great experiment for local banking.

I predict that everyone who has advocated for it and supported in theory will hate it in practice.

Sero and RootedOak like this.
  13. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

You insinuated.

Plenty of ways to make holdings valuable without local banking.,

Ylahoto likes this.
  14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

You guys gotta stop with this. Go call them shit bags or basement dwellers or something. The whole thing has become a meme and people start to believe it's true for no reason.

Then they see the irony and troll on their own behalf.

15. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

I think dnd will fail because it won't have the population to support local banking

local banking and a high degree of complexity caters to certain personality types and that's why eve worked

Darkfall has a psychological schism of simultaneously catering to instant gratification with teleporting and portals and global banking and simple crafting while also making the character/gear grind extremely tedious

nerdSlayer likes this.
  16. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

I agree that local banking isn't the only way to make holdings valuable but it doesn't seem like this community wants anything "hard" or "grindy". If the forums are any indicator it's no character progression and easy cookie cutter gear that's wanted.

17. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Honestly, I dont play it because. I'm bad @PvP in this game.
    I dont mind to play a cannon folder for guild and play just for good company but unfortunately DF is dominated by a few l33t guilds and rest has a problem staying.
    Personally I dont care about losing but many people do and when disparity between l33t and "baddies" become too big people quit.
    I'm not sure what can be done about it and how to entice l33t not to bunch together but I think its a key.
    I also would advice to redesign city/hamlets to make them more defensible. IMHO they were made for big clans with hundreds of players.
    It would be great (if its possible) to have system like in Shadowbane.

18. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

character grind is not why people leave.

Player Skill grind and not feeling hope is... ping is a huge advantage in this game. People buy new monitors, new mice to compete. At the end of the day, the people who no life it and master every advantage (know which spells do the most dmg, battle spikes, bhopping, choosing when to go in etc etc.) just stack up and crush dreams.

Also an unrewarding grind, I mean cast one spell for 6 hours straight to get 1 spell you then cast til 56 or 75(the numbers to a new player are already fucking dumb and unintinutive. Fucking dumb...)

The gear grind and character grind just really give you the confidence to pvp. So you either diel the same few people to improve hoping your learning the right way or you die a lot in PVP and donate even more time to the vets who don't need to farm anymore.

The vets will say hey man come visit us and duel, we will show you.. which may be true but the needy player probabaly doesn't have time to run 30-40 minutes to get there.( lack of rune stones is fucking dumb)

Basically BPG has shown that they can harness the power of Darkfall but do not have a solid vision/solution to the problems that have plagued the game since day 1. Same issues just to different degrees and a jaded/tormented population.

Even from a marketing stand point BPG is delusional on what they are selling. Ie.
    Streamers talk about this game correctly.. a retro hardcore pvp MMO.

BPG thinks they have a sand box with good crafting... so when a crafter joins.. finds out crafting is an after thought in end game. Quits.. not cause the game but cause his expectations were not met.

Also BPG make too many excuses and do not lead the community enough. And IMO the people behind the game design are not realistic and are more idealistic.

In all these debates that are repeated over and over on these forums you rarely get any response from BPG.

Why isn't BPG making a survey to ask people why they quit?

I place a lot of blame on BPG but I also know they are working for free and working too much. So really they should not take this as a dig at them.. Rather I am speaking on the negative side of reality..

19. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

Where did I say people don't think we cheat?

I'm more or less saying that there have been no videos posted of the aimbot crap people are spewing.

People will always believe what they want to.

20. KingLlama

KingLlama Infernal
    Supporter Lifetime

We need a power hour or a rest xp boost for people who are casuals.

Ylahoto, Zuul Ghat, Tuloth and 2 others like this.