Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The "I quit" threads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADtheMADDEST, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

No one is running around in infernal and how many gear bags have been lost to the known exploits? But you are right about one thing. Peoples little feelings get hurt cause they lost. I think we are seeing a lot of that in this thread right now.

2. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

How would Sheep tell us about an exploit that we ALREADY KNEW ABOUT, and most of the DF1 population ALREADY KNEW ABOUT?

What, did he fucking erase our memories just to leak it to us?

Is this inception?

Am I Leonardo Di'Caprio?

Oh that's right, I'm not, I'm eating a hamburger, in fucking America, with grease on my fingers, while I type to some newbie ass dipshit, about a game he's been playing for 2 months, that I have been playing for 8 years.

You're out of your element, Donnie.

TryHard likes this.
  3. Rumplemintz

Rumplemintz Goblin Warlord

Again, the only narrative I see is a guy who continues to show me how he is not smart enough to come up with a real counter argument so he has to resort to what he thinks are witty lines from a movie and name calling.

Sad.

4. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Do you really not see any conflict of interest? Is that really your position?

Also why was a game released if everyone on who played the game for 8 years knew about all of these exploits?? more importantly your clan is responsible for nearly every exploit video, you don't think its suspicious at all that BPG plays with the number one cheating clan on the server???

Like honestly view this from a new players perspective. You really don't see anything wrong with this?

mrW likes this.
  5. Rocky

Rocky Goblin Shaman

Anything would help a casual player, power hour or anything. My buddy who recently quit this week said he
    I don't know if power hour would work, maybe. It would be a start that's for sure. I don't think I'm fabricating anything. Every time someone gets called out for cheating on the forums, the devs delete the thread. That makes me feel like they are friends with the accused. Its possible they aren't but in a game where the devs play/played with lots of the community it makes me think otherwise.

6. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

What's sad is your lack of reading comprehension

A person can't leak something that is already known.

That's my counter argument.

7. Rumplemintz

Of course he does. He is just trying to spin his tin foil hat or "you dont know anything" narrative. Its the only spin they have.

Of course its a glaring conflict of interest. If a friend asked me if they should play on this server I would give a resounding "NO" until I see a response from the development team promising they are going to fix the issue and keep development team members away from clans so the server integrity can stay intact.

8. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

For sure there is.

But BPG devs play in a bunch of clans, some GM's even run their own clans.

End of the day, I rather have Staff members playing the game, experiencing the same shit we do, and more people in the world.

If people leak info, they're sealing their own grave on a project they've poured a lot into, I don't think any of them are that dumb.

But as I always say, perception is reality.

I would have expected BPG to not allow any staff members in any clans, but they chose a different, transparent route, which I honestly respected. It's a shame the community is littered with a bunch of weak willed pussies who bite on any troll thread, even troll threads made by people who exploit the same shit. Now, our friend who's played with us for 8 years, can't even enjoy the game he's been working on, without pay, for god knows how long. All because you guys have no sack.

Ylahoto and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  9. Nef

Nef Ghost

Can confirm saw 20+ Dune Rats in Infernal.

Must be hacks.

/stirrrrrrr

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  10. Rumplemintz

No one is leaking anything Jonah. I know its hard to comprehend based on your garbage tier responses, but ill let you in on something.

If a player knows a development team member is in a clan that is being accused of exploits your going to have accusations like this. People will question the integrity of the server. You would be stupid NOT to question it. Now look at how its been handled. It fuels the questions and speculation even more.

Again, I know you dont understand this. But thats the way the real world works outside of an imaginary game.

mrW and Rocky like this.
  11. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Deleting hackusation threads is pretty standard fair for any online game, online with the default reply of "If you have a video / hard evidence of the offending party, send it in as a support ticket".

Literally every game does this. The Darkfall player base is just insane.

12. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Lol I meant on a day to day basis :p

13. Rumplemintz

Not true. Games do not allow people publishing names on the forums. Naming and shaming is the key phrase. In darkfalls case its 100% different as the accusations are based on devs helping players cheat. If you as a company get accused of this and then respond with deleting and banning people from the forums who made the accusations it does indeed look like your covering something up or trying to sweep it under a rug.

The problem is you cant. The are more mediums now days than just game forums. There is reddit, 4 chan, twitter etc. You delete on one medium and it will explode on another with accusations of bias/cheating. Which is what has happened to ROA.

The server looks worse now than if they would have just come out and admitted there was dev bias, it was being taken care of and actions were being put into place that insured it would not happen again. If devs want to play a game, they play in their own clan away from players. It sucks, but thats how you insure there is no dev bias. Can it be done after a dev was already in a clan? No. the bias is still there just not in the same clan. So it means little.

The issue here is that a logical person would look at this server as compromised.

14. Bandido

Bandido Skeleton Archer

Can i ask why would your clan exploit knowing for 1 it is an exploit, 2 knowing it jeopardizes your friend(sheep and other devs investment). Does not sound very friendly to me. You admit it is a known exploit, It happened as the video is proof plus BPG taking action. Why risk darkfalls and BPG's future?

15. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

You know the bug can happen upon...

transferring items

recalling

load screens.

It's more along the lines of , this bug happens all the time just from playing the game.

16. Rumplemintz

The sad thing here is that the very veterans that love this game like Jonah are going to be the same ones who damn it because of actions like the above.

Jonah is basically Scumbag Steve to the dev team. if I was the dev team I would ban him for hurting my bank account.

17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

The fact is corruption does not happen here. We do not favor any player or clan over another and we do not bend or change any rules for anyone. Facts do not matter here, unfortunately, as you will believe the narrative that you wish to believe. Why is that? Why is it that you insist on continually posting false information regarding BPG and Rise of Agon? I have my suspicions as to why, but I'm not going to spread rumors.

Ylahoto, WyLd_SyDe and Oresmacker like this.
  18. Rumplemintz

Because you have not said anything against it.

Why would you allow a QA dev to play along side a clan that is accused of abusing exploits?

I didnt create the conflict of interest. You did.

19. Nef

Nef Ghost

I have to admit it does make me chuckle that these threads continue unabated until BPG corruption is mentioned.... Are you guys running some forum sniffer that looks for Corruption and BPG in the same thread?

20. Ringo Starr

Ringo Starr Deadeye

Come on. You know he didnt accidentally get 4k battlespikes in his inventory and accidentally carried them to a siege. It doesn't matter how it is possible to bug items its the fact that this was obviously done on purpose.