Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The "I quit" threads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADtheMADDEST, Jul 6, 2017.

1. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Black Knight
    Staff Member

Kris quit the game to avoid the perception of him being biased in the handling of tickets. I do agree that it is sad he cannot play the game he loves, but he is willing to not do so in order to support our goal of long term success. This is yet another reason why I have respect for him as a fellow colleague, despite he and I being sworn enemies in Darkfall Online and Darkfall: Unholy Wars. The guy works close to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, and his only desire is to help ensure the success of this game, so when he gets accused of things that are not true, I feel inclined to defend him and his work ethic.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    KingLlama, DarkGhost25 and Orak like this.
  2. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

As stated, he quit due to the perception you perpetuate.

After a while we just embrace it and troll, path of least resistance.

KingLlama and TryHard like this.
  3. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

4. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

To be fair, I've never accused the Devs of any sort of bias. In my opinion, I think if you cared a little more and got control of your clan of Darkfall loving players (that also repeatedly exploit), these issues could be avoided. People also might respect your clan a little more, but I don't think you care what others think, judging by your lackadaisical attitude toward your members being caught cheating.

We're all grown adults, for the most part. The success of this game requires an extraordinary effort on the Devs part, but I also believe it involves the vet community and influential figures like Sendog and yourself. How we all conduct ourselves in game has a great impact on the life of the server. Actions that clans take can undoubtedly have a ripple effect across the server. If you cannot even show the slightest concern that your members may be ruining the enjoyment of others, I don't know what else to say.

5. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

Here's the thing.

If I really wanted to help the game, I wouldn't have joined them when they asked me to lead.

Leading people I've played with, is easy, they're self sufficient, they're not bad, it doesn't require much from me.

If I was to start a new guild and train people, that would have been better for the game. But, it's a shit ton of work. It's why I respect anyone who brings in newbies and tries to train them.

Shit, even people in Dune Rats started by saying "Lets recruit newbies!" but didn't take the time to train them and left them to their own devices.(some of those newbies are still with us, but far more quit the game)

We all want the game to succeed, it's just so much work to get people used to Darkfall. Now we have the same people who have hated us for 8 years, hating us, it's easy to just do what we've always done. Be dicks and beat them. Embrace all of the trolls. Wrap ourselves in them and make them our shield.

If the games starting binds made more sense, had a newbie island, had alignment explained, all of the bugs fixed, and we had some actual Fluff, maybe I would have been more inclined to help newbies. But I don't need a second job that I'm not getting paid for.

Rocky, TryHard and RootedOak like this.
  6. zakai

zakai Goblin Scout
    Legend

I wouldn't worry about newbs. You should worry about your guild first and should stop harboring exploiters in your guild. The negative perception your guild has created within ROA from being caught exploiting multiple times now has done more damage to the game than any of the issues you listed in your post.

Kurise LXV likes this.
  7. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

Didn't intend that you should be helping new players. That is not your responsibility at all, that is up to BPG. Simply saying you guys have a lot of influence and being caught up in exploiting, in my opinion, is very damaging to this game. You see people accusing the devs of favoritism and they have to deal with all that.

Why not just make a concerted effort to ensure your members are playing legit? I don't feel that is an unreasonable task for arguably the strongest and wealthiest clan in the game.

8. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

Completely un-true. But, that's your perception and that's fine.

If you think anyone is exploiting, report them, and stop posting about it. If you don't trust BPG to handle those complaints properly, and accurately, you shouldn't be here.

9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I feel like it is community's job to help new players along with BPG I decided to help new players and started day one and have continued to do so.

10. Bandido

Bandido Skeleton Archer

If the clan he was in would stop exploiting and getting banned it wouldn't have been an issue. I would rethink my friends if they jeopardize my work this way.

11. FashoMyBro

FashoMyBro Goblin Scout

The population is trash. People can say its good compared to blah blah mmo with 200 players is trash. There's nothing to keep casual players in the game. "We don't need casuals we need pvpers." This is the biggest sb thing I read on the forums. The current design in darkfall is Pvp adapt to how you can win or lose. If people only grind gold and lose they're bound to quit. Games a limited sandbox. You want to build a house well sure but you have to build in these locations. You want to build a city sure pick which one you'd like to build up out of our selection. The only thing that might help this flop of the game to make it seasonal. This way dune rats can win every season and bam it wipes to start all back over just like rust.

The Cannibal and Rocky like this.
  12. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

You're feeding into bs and I'm sure his fat rolls are quivering with excitement now that he's gotten a rise out of you even if it's very mild.

If it makes you feel any better he will log into nd, support it briefly and then not get his way just like he won't here and then the trolling will start there. People like him are present in every game, and every facet of life. They latch on to a reason why they are unhappy and that's it. There's nothing else for them. They claim to care about the game but the best thing people can do for the game is to actually play it, good or bad, negatively or positively. Guess what this kid isn't doing? Playing. And if he is then he's doing you a favor and eating his own words. Literally a win win situation for you. Anyone who is deterred by his forum propaganda and personal mission to shit on the game in every way possible, wouldn't have played past their initial sub anyway so try not to let him and others get to you because that's ultimately their entire darkfall existence.

He will never be a factor in game, but he will circle jerk his fellow whiney band of idiots and nd shills and it will make him feel better about that fact.

Change what you want. Cater to who you will. Make the game you would want to play. I'll support whatever you guys do.

But please please please don't give these crybabies the time of the day unless they are willing to donate hard cash and put their money behind their words. I guarantee you 95% of them aren't even subbed.

13. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Char grind and most of all GEAR GRIND. Its crazy annoying to accomplish any of these tasks. YOu have to spend hours and hours farming resources to make gear. Some of these farming mats is hitting a tree with an axe. So I have to sit there stare at a screen of my char chopping a tree. This is not a fun video game chopping trees and hitting rocks. Farming mobs is also kind of boring if you are forced to do it for hours and hours. Its very repetitive tasks and you are forced to do these things 90 percent of your time in game.

The final thing that needs to be fixed is pvp content. There has to be some reason to pvp other than roaming to mob spawns looking to gank kids. Sieges and sea towers are all we have right now. There should be very easy ways to create conflict and sides for people to take up causes for pvp.
    --- Post updated ---
    Stop saying this everytime someone brings up grind. Its not a healthy way to deal with the clear issue that is there. Nobody likes doing this boring shit and telling them to play another game is not constructive.
    --- Post updated ---
    The difference is that grind is fun... its a pvp grind not a hitting a tree or rock grind.

The Cannibal, Rocky and Zeiken like this.
  14. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

Lul of course you do. You have a personal vendetta against dune rats.

15. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

I do? For what? If I dislike dune rats it's only because y'all say really dumb stuff on this forum. Grimtide is pretty much the only one who I think has an average intelligence.

As for the severity of exploiting. The battle spike exploit was done during a siege involving hundreds of players and hundreds of thousands of gold invested.

The mount exploit was done during a tiny pvp fight with only a few players affected.

The scale is not even comparable and for the former to get a lesser punishment than the latter is crazy in my eyes. But then again BPG doesn't have a good track record of making sense with their decisions so it actually does make sense that it doesn't make sense.

Korag and Zeiken like this.
  16. otoan

otoan Undead Dwarf
    Loyal

This is my personal list of stuff that spice up the game and possibly lead to a successful game:
    • Crafting specializations
      • Give crafters a bone and don't make it just a grind. This will give crafters something to work towards and be able to sell their product.
    • Weapon/armor Decay
      • Instead of making items hard to farm there needs to be some sort of decay process so people constantly need to farm instead of massing huge banks that never go away.
      • Get rid of the ridiculous costs of the higher end gear.
      • This is specifically towards weapons/armor. Materials can decay as well but possibly at a slower rate.
    • Weapon Degradation
      • There's nothing more annoying than farming a spawn with full dura armor and full dura weapons and lots of regs and loot on you to have someone just trolling around try to kill you and when you win they have 2 dura gear on and 20 of each reg. The risk/reward isn't the same for the PvE-er and the PvPer especially considering the PvPer usually waits until they are low stats just to jump them.
    • Mob loot balance
      • There are only a handful of mobs worth farming and there are areas of the map that are saturated with the good mobs and other areas that have a terrible selection. For example: wildtribe warriors drop less than half the gold of a varangian warthane though both are equivalent to kill. Warthanes also drop r40-r60 2-handed weapons.
      • Every area of the map should have a decent selection of solo mobs for gold and materials and the areas in between cities should have good spawns for groups to fight over.
      • All easy/medium and some hard spawns should scale with players.
    • More sand in the box
      • People say this all the time but no one does anything.
      • Houses could have been interesting but they ended up just being a terrible grind that people with no life, multiple alts, and macros excelled at.
        • Imagine if houses were relatively easy to get but hard to maintain. They had a high upkeep cost and if you didn't keep up with the upkeep cost your house recall was on a longer cooldown or required a reagent to use, your house was easier to break into, and eventually your house would be abandoned and up for grabs by the next person that was willing to pay the upkeep costs you neglected + the initial materials required for the deed. This would require people owning the house to be active and also stop individuals from owning multiple houses. (The upkeep cost should be more than just gold)
      • More ways to play. Dare I say it combat specializations. Nothing that's mandatory. Nothing that locks anything. But just get less of x and take more of y sort of thing. Fire spells do little damage, ice spells do more damage. Ice spells fly faster, archery hits softer. I don't know. These don't have to be OP. They just have to give someone a since of uniqueness.
      • Make it possible to live off a ship 24/7. Make it possible to live out of a house 24/7.
      • RP Clothing(Not my personal idea but I've heard some people would love some RP clothing)
    • Reagent for portals
      • Pretty much said it right there. Make the reagent relatively easy to get but make it so it costs something to run around the map.
      • With that said redo the portal system. I've said it before. Why do some portals go right up to someone's backyard? Mehatil really has it hard. Not only does it have very few good soloable mobs around but it has 2 portals that go almost directly on top of it. One of which goes from right outside Appletown to Mehatil's arguably best solo spawn in the immediate vicinity: the duo wildtribe spawn on the island to the south. The other comes directly from human lands. Yssam is the only island that has 2 direct portals from main lands.(at least currently known)
      • The portals should have one in the middle of the islands that goes from that island to main land. There should be no direct paths from racial lands to the islands.
    • Bring back race wars
      • Everything shouldn't just be hunky dorey with all the damn races. Make it so races can attack opposing races. This could create future content like land towers in no mans land that give bonuses to entire race alliances instead of clans. This could also be a reason to stay blue(better bonus if you're blue) or in a clan that isn't ARAC. EDIT: And by bonus I mean a global buff(s). Only gold/materials/resources will be slit up amongst the winners of the actual fighting.
    • Create conflict around cities and hamlets
      • Give cities more of a bonus. Make city resource nodes regenerate a lot quicker but put them outside of walls so that people fight you for them.
      • Gives towers/city nodes a resource bin that has to be maintained to be used/regenerated quickly. Allow this resource bin to be lootable after breaking something inside of the city. This will make it so in times of low population that cities aren't just collecting a ridiculous of amount of resources for no cost and it'll also be a reason to raid cities even if they are keeping the resource nodes tapped. (Resource nodes should continue to regenerate even if the bin is empty but slowly.)
      • Allow cities to set taxes for houses in the surrounding areas. This goes with the sand in the sandbox idea for houses. This will make cities worthwhile but also possibly cause conflict if you set the tax too high and the villagers get pissed off.
    • Bounty System
      • Create a quest or group of quests to unlock becoming a bounty hunter. Make some part of the quests in an instanced dungeon. This will stop people creating alts for the sole purpose of becoming a bounty hunter.
      • People can put hits out on other players. Create stop gaps to stop people from abusing the system. Can't be done by a clan/alliance member. Can't be done by a person that has grouped with that individual in the last week. Something like this.

#176 otoan, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Madmatt, Green Chili and WyLd_SyDe like this.
  17. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

Lot of good ideas here and put forth in a positive non whiney manner. Trolls take notes

18. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

I can agree with most of this. Although I don't see what else they can do to make champion spawns be interesting. Since if its a "wave" based system, you can't exactly NOT have a ghetto start button. Unless they made champion spawns what it sounds like. A boss style mob to represent a "CHAMPION" with maybe a few "adds" to make it feel like the mob is a champion. Right now for champ spawns I feel like I'm playing The Division raids "survival mode, wave defense with boss at the end".

I've played WoW from Wrath and arena grind was fun for me thru the end of Mists. I progressed from Wrath being a complete shitter to the end of Cata and the start of Mist when I finally started to hit that 2k mark. And by the end of Mists hitting 2.5k ~100 away from one season being Glad. It felt like I was actually improving and you had a number to show for it since you'd face MMR close teams.

After playing Darkfall I feel to me Quests would be out of place. I was soon to be heading in the red direction of the game killing more and more people in my group. And MOST if not 90-95% of quests are within cities or within zap tower ranges. So for majority of people that PvP in this game, quests would be a waste of time investment for developers. On the other hand all the carebear blueberries will enjoy them, but PvP reds won't be able to.

Minigames would be fun, BUT depending on what the minigame is, it should dictate zones to be 100% safe to actually play minigames without getting ganked playing the minigame. ie. BPG releases a card game inside cities or just by right clicking on someone as if like "Trade" option. It would be "Card Game", and either one of 2 things would have to be created. Either when you start this action it gives you combat protections to not be damaged, or the second make safe zones in specific areas of the map where the game could be played, almost like a meet up to play the game with complete randoms.

All the rest I agree with and they need to be revaped or completely changed.

19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Why not just play the game? The grind isn't noticeable much at all if you just play the game. You start making money and the prices of mats have dropped substantially since launch except for rare ore (fuck you BPG) can get ore for 5 per level smelting and easily get tons of gear made, bone is the same way character grind isn't that bad for magic pick a golem and bolt it down a cpl times a day and suddenly that magic school is leveled, People spend to much time on here and in their own fucking head instead of just playing and enjoying the game itself.

20. streaml1ne

streaml1ne Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

Cool idea but that won't be enough. The initial content push should revolve around housing. Get rid of the stupid house mat grind for everything under keeps (leave those as clan goals). Put deeds on vendors for straight gold and add hundreds or thousands of additional house plots (in NPC/chaos cities, in dungeons, in new floating cities in the sky, literally EVERYWHERE). Make all the house plots able to place up to a large villa. Make large villa deeds EXPENSIVE, make house/cottage deeds not expensive (100k or so). Make the houses removable by the current plot owner so they can upgrade the size of the house later. Make houses secure with some grind (some kind of protection stone that makes breaking down the door impossible or damn near impossible. Get rid of house taxes and make the house plot tied to subscription activity, and start a decay timer after a sub runs out. When the decay timer runs out the house is lootable.

Once you do this start adding fluff and I mean a ton of it. Kill 1000 goblins get a goblin statue that can sit atop a craftable corner table. Kill the dragon 100 times get a mounted dragon head. Kill 100 neithal golems get a placeable neithal rock that's a 2x ore node with a chance of neithal ore, etc. The sky's the limit here. Remove all the random house item drops from wherever and either make them craftable or quests/tasks. Example, safes craftable, house furniture for more binds craftable (mahogany for the greater bind spot furniture, etc), the tasks can be all the fluff items. Make the item placement dynamic so you can put a herb garden, silverbirch, etc outside the house and decorations wherever you want inside. PVE people will stay and grind for that, and the PVPers will have a near constant source of fodder when they go out to kill something for the housing fluff reward.

TO THIS DAY, UO still has something on the order of thousands to tens of thousands of subs (look at the non-decayed housing plots, every house on UO is effectively an active sub).

And before anyone bitches that content takes art teams to do, while that is true there's a ton of existing assets in game that I'm sure can be reused creatively to accomplish some of this stuff. For the stuff like the neithal rock just take the existing rock that spawns randomly and paint it a different color and scale it up some. Not much effort,TONS of gain and if the time and will comes later, a better asset can be swapped in to make things look better. Much like the task system, in regular patches the next new hotness can be added, and once again PVE'ers will get out there and grind for it.