Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The passion of this community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rawr, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

I am sitting here at my "day job" currently which can be pretty crushing at times and very stressful. But you guys make it worth it. Being able to come home and work on this project makes it tolerable.

This game, this community is completely legendary. One of the clans I was in had such an impact on me I can't even describe it. I was in UDL at the tail end of DF1 and they made me feel like I had a home. I didn't spend long with them due to personal reasons needing to walk away from the game.

I joined back up with them in UW, and again they made me feel like I was part of something more than just a bunch of random players.

Now I am not sure if you read up on my intro but I barley touched PVP in DF1 and UW, I was a merchant, crafter and trader. I had fun hitting rocks all day, making stuff so people could go and bash each other's skulls in. But still the game sucked me in.

Now I have been hooked up with this team to bring back the game that meant the world to me for years and saw me through hell. I mean really, I have the PRIVILEDGE to work on this?

Our project leads tells me to pace myself as many of my team see how hard I am working and most of the stuff I am doing is invisible to everybody who isn't on our team but people don't realize how much passion this team has, and I want to work as hard as everybody else.

So to everybody so far, thanks for the drive to make sure I do my best. I know I make some "QUALITY" (read: silly) posts many times to keep things from getting too serious, just remember when the cards are on the table I'll be working hard.

Your gracious systems overlord,

Rawr
    (The Godlike with negative KDA)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Bloodprince

Bloodprince Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I've seen you constantly responding to posts and just staying active im unknown atm but I just wanted to say thank you to your dedication as well as the whole team. Keeping a day job and being pastionate about something but having to wait each day isn't easy!

3. ODB

ODB Akathar
    Hero

Thank you for giving us a glimpse behind the scenes!

Keep up the hard work Rawr!

4. Riftmaster

Riftmaster Deadeye

Had brief mental image of Rawr hanging upside down in a climbing harness MI1-style over a server farm, updating servers with one hand while typing forum replies with the other.

What?

Yes I'm that weird.

5. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

I had some connection problems to the forums for a bit. Not only did rawr work with me on it and help me out, he randomly a week or two later checked back in to see if the problems were recurring. He was very helpful, polite, and dedicated. I think anyone can feel that from his energy and his "sillyness" of his posts. He is very active and easy to get ahold of(as is any staff member that I have tried).

I for one appreciate the work you do bro. ALL of you. I know I am just a player but I am so excited to be part of this! I am so excited for YOU GUYS! This is a dream come true! Just to be here and witness this from the start.... its amazing.

Big thank you Rawr , and to all of the team, from me.

Dixie.

6. BlackSun

BlackSun Deadeye

We won't leave until someone puts the final nail in the coffin. Just saying....

7. DaveBizzle

DaveBizzle Goblin Warrior

Rawr <3

This dude is a beast!

8. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

I got my hammer ready! (#qualitypost)

9. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

WHAT!? WHO PUT A CAMERA IN THE SERVER ROOM!?

You know too much you must be eliminated.