Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The portal Shards debat and inflation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Mar 27, 2019.

?

Portal shards back on NPC vendor

1. yes

28 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. no

43 vote(s)
    60.6%
  3. other pls explain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I actually wouldn't mind this. I do feel every good item that people want should be able to farmed by different types of players, either through solo means or as a group.

Take one of the dogshit 7K mobs that nobody gives a shit about like the Greater Celestial and give it a 4-6 Pshard drop. That thing has always been garbage. Undesirable enchanting material with Lifeforce, gives like 0 gold I think, and it is a bitch to hit because its a tiny hitbox and likes to run around and shit.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    rats, Sero, MikerotchBAGFACE and 2 others like this.
  2. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Literally anything that gives a reason to pve with more than 1-2 people would be great.

3. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I personally love it, made me think more about when I use my rune book compared to riding. I think the old system was bad cause people were so used to the cheap prices and porting ever where. I love this market makes a high demand for the pshards. If u want em farm them or farm gold and buy from the people willing to farm them. I would like to see other mobs drop them but at the high rates but a reasonable rate, who knows there might be a mob worth farming but it’s so hard since loot tables are changed a lot in past few months and without knowing droprates I are unsure if u had bad luck at a spawn or not. I say no cause it’s a nice economy. Who says 3-4K per pshards is to high? He’ll make it higher :)

Billy Lee and Inkarnation like this.
  4. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I've yet to farm (or buy) portal shards other than one time (farmed hooded ones for like 30 mins solo and got 4?) and I have a buttload still from just doing VCPs...

Did 9? billboard villages today got 21 portal shards, runed to 4 so -8 but also got 4 portal shards at two of them and 2 at one and 3 at the other.

Total of 26 shards from just going to villages.

Was in tier 6 for all caps but 2.

If you're lazy like me, go to villages, get some pvp, and you don't even need to farm mobs. Get some shards, gold, some of the new mats, and occasionally some q5 mats.

#24 Grimtide, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Blaze likes this.
  5. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

I remember…first it was... We can instant port everywhere around the map. Remove runebooks! Bring back portals!

Now it's... Where did the portal shards go?? BRING THEM BACK!

The Darkfall community. It's very interessting.

rats, Not_Primetime, Andrew and 2 others like this.
  6. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

im looking at this problem as a casual perspective..

people dont have 4/5 hours a day to play dfo..

If you duo farm oethlieges for 1 hour you get 20 ps if lucky..

basicly looking @ price of PS.. its 4k now.. tbh i think its over top amount of price.. and seeing the price of mats keep raizing every day there is inflation going.

gold keeps flowing in... but there is no goldsinks

7. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

If you balance everything around casuals, you end devaluing everything, we are already at stage where gear and holdings mean nothing.

This is meant to be an mmo, not an fps game, theres a reason games like Classic WoW are coming back.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  8. ludmitr87

ludmitr87 Goblin Scout
    Patron Tester

holding does mean something since it take 1 portal shard to port around + holding with mines.

create more hot spots at central by adding portal shards ..... u have 2 gordorocs at center - add portal shards to this 2 mobs in the center for example ( 4 portal shard in one gordoroc) its like risk vs reward. this way u make center more active and worth fight for this mobs...

the othlieges in the center is a cancer cuz ppl just loging out in the spawn it self with alts then just log in and kill u, if they see they cant kill you, they just do not break the shield and loging out

9. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

Hi im an actual casual here unlike you, i play a couple hours every few days and i can confirm that youre just lazy

#29 Inkarnation, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Battle Smurf and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  10. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

No to portal shards on the vendor. I like the idea above of adding a gold cost to runebooks (and maybe a smaller one to holding ports). Theres too much gold inflation and too much fast travel. address both at once

Not_Primetime and Fengor like this.
  11. Raap

Raap Gravelord

Traveling in RoA is stupidly easy even without teleport books, so I think they should never be made even easier to get.

I'm even of the opinion that runebooks are detrimental to the game and should be removed, but given that the books are monetized,I know this will never happen. It was a poor decision to add them however, since it makes travel trivial to the point where everyone can attend all sieges without any effort, stamping out conflicts before they can fire up.

I do not understand why the UW neutral portal chamber network was not used instead, at least this made more sense... Could not be monetized so easily though, which I assume is the reason why RoA decided to go with these runebooks instead.

12. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

thank you for summoning bpg to this thread

Squanto and Fengor like this.
  13. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Give runebooks a gold cost per use as well.

You won’t.

Battle Smurf and Lincoln Hawk like this.
  14. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

I suggested this in discord earlier and bound complained saying that you are forcing people to farm two things, god forbid we get people out into the world more huh.

Edit- He preferred ps on vendor for the gold sink which I get, but this solves both problems, all they have to do is buff ps drop rates on mobs to compensate for the gold too.

Blaze and Fengor like this.
  15. Stress Fracture

Stress Fracture Goblin Shaman

Increase the cost of enchanting to scale with the quality of enchant.

Make it like 10x higher.

16. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

no

rats, Inkarnation, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  17. Raap

Raap Gravelord

Yes lets make it impossible for new players/clans to catch up to the banks of people who played since launch. Great idea.

MikerotchBAGFACE likes this.
  18. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I would agree with you, but then I can't because most newer players who are trying to compete are already trying to get q4-q5 so it would hurt them haha

19. Tolbin

Tolbin Goblin Scout
    Legend

My main comment would be that as a new casual player, I never see anyone out in the open world- only once in 3 weeks. It's like the map does not exist, aside from cities and some VCP's.

Makes it easy to harvest, at least.

20. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

wheres those 8000 old timers guild?

Fengor likes this.