Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The Problem With Player Vendors and Sanguine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nat, Jul 6, 2017.

1. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

It's automatically evil if she was drinking before PvP. Very easy to go red.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

It shouldn't be normal behavior in this game that when you encounter someone in the world your first thought is killing them, but that's all darkfall is.

The fact that's how it is just shows the game has the depth of a potato.

There's no such thing as "consensual PvP" in lawful areas. That's the point of lawless areas, and hotspots like villages being lawless. If both sides are out in lawful areas looking for pvp, then all parties involved should be red.

The only thing contrary I've seen is sieges not turning the tile lawless (which I'm positive I read somewhere it's suppose to).

#42 Check Mate, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  3. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl
    Prosperous Affluent Legend

But it isn't the first thought that goes through everybody's head.

There are many nuanced thought processes that occur. The red/blue system squashes those nuances.

I am blue but if I killed every nooby red I came across I would be a lot more "evil" than they are. But I would still be blue. Broken.

If I am hanging with my red buddy and he gets attacked by three blues for no reason other than that he is red I have two choices:

1. Let him die. That keeps me blue but makes me a rotten person.

2. Help him. That means I am a better person but now red.

Blue does not mean good and red does not mean bad. Blue does not mean noob and red does not mean vet. In fact none of it means anything at all because it's broken.

#43 Obeesho, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Korag likes this.
  4. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Don't get me wrong, the system is terrible and broken but your examples are not that.

It's not good vs evil, it's lawful vs criminal. If you are in a lawful zone with a red player, you're assisting a criminal and should be red if you defend him. If you are red, you are in effect wanted dead or alive and it makes sense blues can kill you with impunity. Protection of the law is one of the things you give up when you decide to be a criminal.

Both your examples are organic ways the system actually works. Now if you want an example of it not working, you could point out blues jumping in front of nukes you shoot at a red who's jumping you to get you to flag. That's broken and abusing the system.

5. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl

It's all broken because it's a clan v clan game. The idea of a red being a "criminal" is ludicrous under the current system.

Korag likes this.
  6. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

If you're referring to going red in sieges I agree with you. But declaring war on a clan might be what you're looking for.

If by clan v clan you mean you should be able to kill someone from another clan anytime anywhere (in lawful zones) and not be considered a criminal, you are wrong. This isn't a clan vs clan arena pvp game, even though more simple minds would like it to be.

7. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl

I appreciate that you have an opinion that differs from mine, but you are wrong. I can't imagine why you would hold your view other than having very little or limited experience playing the game. You are theorycrafting something that has already been proven by actual gameplay to be incorrect.

All clans have a mix of blue and red players. The boundaries between lawful and lawless areas are very arbitrary.

You can only war deck one clan per day and it lasts 7 days.

If I haven't convinced you by now I never will so these posts aren't meant for you.

8. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

I have played since the first day of EU. It's not my opinion, I am stating the fact of what the alignment system is.

An opinion is what you have in that you don't like it. You want to be able to kill whoever you want whenever you want because that is your vision of darkfall, and largely what you've been able to do in the past. That is why you want alignment to be gone completely.

9. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl

Wrong again.

You were describing that fact of what the system is... Ok bud but that was never the issue. We know what it is.

10. shibb

shibb Goblin Warrior

You guys are wasting your breath. All the newbie sheep have already been pushed out of the game in the first month when vets were hungry for reagents
    Next topic pls

11. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

12. Obeesho

Obeesho Frostjarl

You are correct that I suggested the removal of the alignment system. You are wrong as to why. The why is what I have been talking about. But I am done now cause I am kinda tired.

13. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

Perhaps we need to figure out what the fuck lawful is and what being blue does. Looking at other games we can get a sense for it. In Eve Online reds are pretty much not allowed in 0.6 - 1.0 space which is basically equivalent to lawful. Do we not allow reds in lawful lands? If they are in lawful land do we reduce their stats?

If alignment were removed it would remove any and all thought behind attacking other players. Right now it might not be much between the two, but it's a lot better than the alternative.

14. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

I dont think stat reduction or any type of negative character penalty should be the answer. Blues just need to be given more "stuff" to equate for the potential loss. By more stuff lets say for example they get 20% extra med points from daily dungeons. Its difficult to give "blue rewards" because a lot of stuff just doesnt exist in game yet. For example, they said later on down the road they would eventually add in a faction system. This would do 2 things off the top of my head. This would essentially give what people lost in race wars, essentially free pvp vs the opposing faction. They could also add in faction reputation dailies where a blue player gets more rep a day, maybe a new currency is crated to purchase account bound cosmetics, and they get a currency bonus when doing faction quests, etc. Taking a page from WoW and the faction stuff, they had a "open field capture the castle" type event called Wintergrasp which was Horde vs Alliance. Once captured, they would own it for "x" amount of time until the opposing group had a chance to take it themselves. Once captured, it allow them to purchase from those vendors, special items for pvp, etc. There was also a dungeon inside the castle that would open for those who won to enter. So lets say they put in factions, and they put in 4 different types, they could do a castle conquest thing that your faction would own if they were victorious. Would promote different types of players all playing together, would give people something to do, would open up faction rep and faction currency, etc. Basically what im trying to say is, there isnt enough systems or things currently that exist in game to give bonuses to blue players. For now could give them more travel options, or more areas that are lawless so they can fight back. For some reason reds are seen as pvp gods who are constantly just killing and looting everyone. If they gave a lot more lawless options + blue perks, then blue players could kill without consequence, have that opportunity to loot players as well, + w/e other travel bonuses, faction bonuses etc for them too.