Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The real problem with darkfall.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lordpete, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Lordpete

Lordpete Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Map is twice as big as it should be and badly designed, mobs are terrible, lack of interesting missions and armor sets/items for noobs, people are assholes that will gank noobs if they can.
    Huge competition from new games.
    Sorry.

2. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

No no no. The map is fine, the pop is 1/100 of what it should be!

This game is meant to have 10k players, at the moment there is probably only 100 guys on!

3. Lordpete

Lordpete Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

You are incorrect sir, but whatever, its not like they have the time or resources to design another map

4. MULQ

MULQ Goblin Warrior

Yeah I think it's time to accept that this game will not be popular enough to fill the world.

Time to remove the subcontinents and add them back later if needed.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  5. EarthMother

EarthMother Earth Elemental
    Supporter

It needs build diversity

Andrew, MikeJT, Slayven and 2 others like this.
  6. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

should work towards filling the map with players, not scaling down to fit current

Fengor, MikeJT, Damaja and 5 others like this.
  7. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

^

MikeJT likes this.
  8. Solydin

Solydin New Member

Everytime I come and have a look at forum i see a new topic about the problems that DF have.. Perhaps should we do a single topic and talk about it?

Bartlebe likes this.
  9. rikilii

rikilii Infernal

That's like 6 problems. What was the purpose of this thread?

10. MULQ

MULQ Goblin Warrior

It just doesn't work like that. People are not gonna stick around in an empty world waiting for more players.

The world needs to start small and expand when needed. It's easily doable with the current world.

And by the way, scaling the world down to fit the current population would mean like one sub-continent. We are only asking to scale down to the mainland.

11. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Patron Legend

There are many topics to talk about because there are many areas that can be improved. You see so many popping up now because public opinion has largely turned against BPG and those of us still here are unhappy.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  12. rikilii

rikilii Infernal

How's that easily doable? At a minimum, they would have to remove all the mob spawns on the subcontinents, and reset all cities, hamlets, and player housing, and then deactivate the holdings and housing plots on the subcontinents. The last one would end up being a nightmare, unless they replaced every housing plot (or at least every cottage plot) on the subcontinents with a new one on the mainland, and restored the housing materials to those who had the houses that were removed.

13. WizardKing

WizardKing Skeleton Archer
    Benefactor Tester

EVERYPOST I MAKE IS ABOUT MAKING UP LIES ABOUT THE POPULATION BECAUSE A SHIT TIER MON KEYBOI.

14. rikilii

rikilii Infernal

Except people keep starting "me too" threads, all saying the same things people have been saying (and disagreeing about) since beta. Like this one.

15. MULQ

MULQ Goblin Warrior

Yeah, sounds pretty easy to me if the alternative is to keep playing in an empty world that was designed for at least 10 times more players than we currently have.

And you know I'm being generous when I only say 10 times more.

16. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

We have you and your fellow nut riders to thank for that. Awesome job you guys did all beta

17. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Sorry, in depth could you explain what we did?

18. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

Probably the fact that the vocal minority squashed many suggestions that could improve the game, based on the idea that Darkfall is the greatest game ever made and it only needs minor changes to be successful.

Hell, I remember seeing posts like that on the DFUW forums.

"Bring back DFO and you'll see how many people will play it over DFUW!!"

For Darkfall to be succesful it has to change and not listen to players like Dick Hats that are againsy pretty much any change to the game. And they are playing Albion now, because they love Darkfall Online soooooooo much.

kilrath81, Slayven and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  19. MULQ

MULQ Goblin Warrior

A year of beta testing and 2 months after the launch the game needs to be redone completely.

So I agree, awesome job beta testers.

SomeBK and Kurise LXV like this.
  20. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Be specific, otherwise dont waste your time. The very vocal minority is asking for combat changes and 0 grind. The vets were asking for NPE, QoL and most importantly content(which can be absolutely anything that drives conflict/politics). They are playing Albion because they are done their characters and there is nothing extra to do. There is no conflict because nothing is worth fighting over. Nothing has a value, and when that is the case, nobody cares. When you have a group of people who are die hard fans of the game, and they are playing another game where the combat doesnt even come close to darkfall and the grind is far worse, that should say something. Noobs arent protected, they die and they quit, and thats not even mentioning the lag issue that had a pretty severe impact on players early on, which had nothing to do with vets, just unforeseen circumstances.