Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The Real Question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean Connery, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Statusquo

Statusquo Goblin Warlord
    Affluent Loyal Supporter

1vq494.jpg
    Ok first off Arena will not save Darkfall.. i say this 100 times a day. people who want an arena in darkfall are people who are hung up on PUBG or overwatch or w.e. This is an MMO not an arena based game. You don't pay 10 dollars a month for PUBG or Overwatch for a reason.. its because they are basic games at heart. log in start a match fight log out. Darkfall is an MMO its about the PVP, PVE small scale fights large scale fights crafting grinding learning skills.. its more intuitive. Arena will not save this game. POPULATION will save this game. you make changes to keep people playing and attract new players. an arena will keep peoples interest for about a few days then they realize its the same kids queing up over and over they will get bored and go play PUBG.. so please stop talking about how this arena will be the beez kneez because it wont.

also again people say there is a reason DFO died.. yeah because AV didn't patch it or add any content to it for about 2 years and then told everyone instead of patching this game we have been working on building a new game.. thats why it died.. i swear its as if people really had zero idea what went on in the world those days..

Again ARENA WILL NOT SAVE DARKFALL. it will be the nail in the coffin. people will come back try it out realize wow darkfall isn't really built to be an arena style game, they will log off and never come back.

Side note i would be down to have a GM hosted event where 50 people get ported to skull island and there are 100's of strong boxes on the island with some loot inside that could be a fun little event but it shouldn't be the focus of an MMO.

#21 Statusquo, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Faction system is clans? Didn't realize that clans opened up a faction point system with item vendors and bragging rights. Didnt realize it opened up PVP outside of the alignment system.... Maybe we are playing two totally different games?

A full mine give maybe 20 rares, no one is farming the golems cause they SUCK. Drop rates off of nodes is horrible and now seemingly crafting gains are shit on. I bought a few hundred rares at stupid prices and pounded them all down for no smelting gain and 1 level of weaponsmith mastery and 2 armor smith mastery so far. There is definately a problem. i dont want to buy some dudes weapons, i make my own and need the rares to do so. I need infernal sets and Weapons and Staves. All take mad amounts of rare ore. People have it, they want almost double launch price for them IF you find any rare for sale all day in trade. This is a problem. Apparently your solution is "Go grind twice as hard so you can afford to buy the rares now". This doesnt fix the fact the economy is horrible because population is low and people arent selling their rares since they are too tedious to get atm.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Fire Elemental
    Tester

Lol we get pvp all day at Gulghat. Today we had Sinister, pouncing pomyas and a few random hitting our city.

4. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

A full mine gives 20 rares?

Really?

[​IMG]

Are you trying to suggest that I got 6 rares from and 76 ore from a mine, when a FULL MINE only gets 20 rares? I took this screen grab so next time someone said something stupid about mines, I'd be able to post it. Glad you gave me an opportunity to use it.

Does that mean a full mine has about 250 iron ore in it?

Simply put, either a) you're full of shit, or b) the people who've told you how much ore mines drop are full of shit.

Golems, likewise, are fine. You kill a single golem, bam, you have enough for an R50.

Go farm a nearby mob whilst you wait for respawn and come back, bam, you've got enough for an R50 bow and an R50 2 hander. Repeat again and it's enough for an R60.

The selentine golem spawn just north of Alfar lands has Serpentines (Q3 horn), Raptors (Q4 claw), Matayins (Q3 claw), Revenants (Q3 corpseflesh), and Severii for Q3 bone all within a short distance.

So hit the golem, skin it, get or for weapons, get some Corpseflesh for Spell Duration (so people can stop crying about buffs), Get some Q3 and Q4 claw for your mana efficiency and your stamina efficiency, get some horn for stam eff and encumberance, then head back to the golem to kill the respawn.

Or you could buy a well underpriced weapon from an existing crafter in trade and skip all that shit and stop bitching about it.

Frankly no one's going to give a shit about "bragging rights" for some NPC faction.

You want bragging rights make a clan that is feared and respected.

5. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

GOTEM

Fengor likes this.
  6. Harley Franklin

Legend

You perfectly explained the problems with the game, you have to farm 20 differant mobs and a whole day for 1 godam gearbag.

At this state of the game, (dead) its perfectly easy to do to. But with a healthy game, good luck farming there, you will lose 10 bags to farm 1 lol

kingp43 likes this.
  7. Dingding

Dingding New Member

The possibility of being hunted while you're on your task makes completing the task more fun - like 'winning' at hide and go seek. Even if it ultimately gets you killed haha. The idea of getting chased with loot and having the chance to escape alive is also an entertaining thought. Even if you get ganked at low levels you gain skill points and you also probably got better at whatever task you were on. At higher levels you have a chance of fighting back which is also neat.

It's whether people are going to bother playing hide and seek with you at all that's the problem (a.k.a. play Darkfall in general), not whether a maxed-out character happens to be hunting lowbies for fun. Aren't there safe zones like there were in DF:UW, by the way...? I'm downloading RoA right now haha. Had ~100 hours in that game.

Also, as other wise folks have pointed out, stuff to do at higher levels. If there's nothing to do at higher levels, there won't be anything worth fighting over.

8. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

@kilrath81 This is what I will put to you.

Don't wait for the devs to implement things like this.

Implement them yourself.

There are people that kind of thing appeals to - it even appeals to me. I just don't think it should be forced on people.

So this is what you do:

You start a clan, built on these premises:

- No reds. Elf, Human, Dwarf only. RP the fuck out of this. "WE HAVE BEEN AT WAR WITH THESE BRUTAL RACES FOR CENTURIES AND THIS ALLIANCE HAS FAILED! They have murdered our people! And THEY TOOK URRRR JERRBS!"

- DO NOT trade with anyone who has reds in their clan. DO NOT trade with anyone who is ARAC. Refuse trade entirely.

- Refuse trade with people who trade with ARAC or reds.

- Hold people accountable for their actions in unlawful lands. Refuse to trade with them too.

- Start taking territory. Maintain your borders. Anyone who isn't peaceful in these areas, respond with extreme force.

- Build an alliance based on the same principles. Issue Trade Embargo's on clans.

- Maintain a red 'gank squad' who handles blues

If enough people like this idea, you will get supporters. You will also get people who want to destroy everything you want to create.

Trade is powerful. Cutting people off en masse will force people to either change their behaviour or fight against the rules being imposed on them.
    --- Post updated ---
    No, you farm 4 different mobs and then trade for the rest.

Or you can go hit iron nodes, trees and kill a few bears for an hour and you've got enough mats for 3 R40 Plate Scale Mix Gear Bags. Oh but everyone wants to roll around in infernal?

Well tough shit.

People are entirely missing the point of Darkfall. The game wasn't designed to supply 10,000 players with full dragon and R80's every day.

In a full server you'd probably see 1 person in infernal for every hundred in plate-scale.

9. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

you got a lucky go. i got 300 ore the other day with 0 rares. and what Veilron, neithal golems you farming for more than 1 - 2 ore?

10. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I must get lucky a lot.

Last night I got 4 veilron in maybe 100 ore.

Curious when the last time you logged in was?

Maybe they ninja patched mines.

11. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Log in every day. Sometimes I get 6 out of 100 sometimes I get 2 out of 300. It's rng and it's unreliable.