Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

The reality of Darkfall's current situation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by franchisee, Oct 24, 2019.

1. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

At the end of the day it truly is sad how much misdirection this game took, the major time sinks that was invested for failed implementations that were eventually reverted. The first 10 months of this game I made a post every other week with nonbiased suggestions that I thought would truly benefit the game in the right way due to the focus being on player retention, strategies to use that would use psychology and perception for the presentation of a more "populated game" and easy modifications of current aspects of the game to extend the timeline of enjoyment from already implemented content before boredom would strike to help player retention.

Conflict of interest is and always will be what keeps a game alive.

Here are 2 post's I made at the very beginning of the game. The irony is real.. #feelsbad

[NEW PLAYER ASPECT]
    Posted April 2, 2016 (At the official release of ROA)

The most important thing that should be focused on is having a low turnover of new players coming in. If you put them in open world they will end up quitting. This game takes alot of skill to where the average players in dfo are usually above average in gaming. So for the majority of the gaming population which is below average gamers. We need to make sure they don't get drove to the ground and quit.

I believe the vets and new players need to be separated somehow. Because if you have a few jet booms running around who camp newb spawns they will be toxic to the future of this game. I'm not necessarily trying to give you a whole plan and set it in motion I'm simply trying to plant the seed that this needs to be a priority before release.

1 suggestion

one continent for new players that vets cannot get to. 1 month life span of being on the island with the option of being teleported to the main continents. death timers can auto res to be more noob friendly. and add a few other things.

https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/new-player-aspect.1410/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Reality Of Darkfall's current situation
    Posted August 18th 2016 (4 Months into release)

I'll use Albion Online as a reference, when I joined their Beta almost a year ago the player base was so big that the map was not big enough causing an extreme over populated world. within minutes multiple groups would be running up on your farming spot to either try to fight or steal your kills. During the day I could barely get any experience because of spawns being down or constant fights and only in the late off hours could I really power level my character without any interruptions.

This is something we are far from having. The world is extremely too large for the current population. We need to make it much smaller so more interaction happens to distract us from the grind and bring more player interaction in the game. I suggest we remove cairn,ruby,yssam,nif. In return you would need to take some of the Island specific mobs and put them on Agon (Human lands Fire Dragon ftw). More importantly this would chunk out so much wasted land in the world. The devil spawn is the only mob spawn that is fought over everyday and this should tell you something. We have too many spawns causing no need to fight over the majority of mob spawns. Everyone is in their own part of the world leveling uninterrupted to the point of boredom and this isn't okay. There are too many houses, too many village control points, too many cities. Albion online would have dozens of sieges everyday because of the demand was so high and not enough resources. Here we have too many resources to where "everyone is allowed to have a piece of the pie" when the point in PVE in PVP game is to initiate conflict of interest. If you remove part's of the world and make it smaller it will help tremendously with interaction which is content within itself. and this could also allow you to use the removed areas to revamp, restructure and use them as patch content in the months to come.

You don't need to use my idea exactly, but no one can deny that the world is too large for the current population.

https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/the-reality-of-darkfalls-current-situation.3840/#post-66867

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --- Post updated ---

After spending 10 months and seeing the game head in the wrong direction I posted this.

Posted Feb 16 2017
    As an investor this company has offered no real change for the game to succeed. There are no new mob's to kill, no new spells, the combat has been the same since late 2009(8 years). There's no real content for constant PVP other than camping mob spawns to kill players who are looking to farm rather than fight back. The timer's to all VCP's and Sea towers are not directly correlated with the prime times of the server they represent. There are too many reason's to not leave your city and not enough reason's to leave your city. Hacking cannot be proven, you can only gain skills in certain spells even though you should receive skill gains through casting all spells while using scroll's only allow you to level up faster. Computer's and monitor's have gotten better allowing the most dominant damage in the game to reign supreme on a whole other level while leaving strafe speed at an all time low. Character model syncing issues have existed all of darkfall and instead of manipulating the game by increasing travel speed of spells and increasing movement speed for an In-sync effect of aiming they leave it for the variable of inconsistency with your aim for anyone over 30 ping. The biggest selling point is sieges and they are one of the most monotonous part's of the game. Players are consistently getting stuck while house recalling and jumping on certain part's of the terrain in the game. The mob's AI are still the same, no new spawns have been implemented, nothing is centralized, crafting is the same, still tedious, still time consuming.

This game is an unfinished masterpiece requiring too much work in too little time for it to truly represent exactly what it is.

2. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Kol Taggar likes this.
  3. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

time to move on

MaxiHori likes this.
  4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

It must be nice living in the bottom of a bottle of ignorance.

5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

right, Feel bad for the guy.
    Work, come home, play darkfall while getting shit faced and repeat. I get why he thinks nobody cares, all that heavy drinking will do that to ya..

JasperHawkins likes this.
  6. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Stormgraive
    Contributor

You own stock in the company?

The biggest problem with this game is holding too strongly onto old values. You mention yourself "no change in combat" yet any change in combat was met with severe disdain and hatred even though they said it was incomplete the amount of pressure the old crowd put on them made them change it back.

They've finally grown enough balls to make changes to the regions and pvp rules so hopefully they'll keep working toward new player and pve. If they actually work toward completing something rather than going back and forth with the vocal shit community things might actually improve.

7. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I think he meant from a hypothetical perspective. (I HOPE HE MEANT FROM A HYPOTHETICAL PERSPECTIVE)

8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

and the balance is so bad that even those who would be willing to play with a population of 2 won't login unless there's a siege.

i would play everyday if the game was balance. i dont ask for nothing more.

9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Legend Streamer Contributor

Franny I dunno what you mean by investing....but Id say you made a very poor investment.

10. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Would fire some shots, but you both append your own ridicule,

Hop in game, and get some, or hop off the games nuts and fuck off the forums crying about a game that you don't even play.

Jman

viniciusdel and Yomi Scythetalon like this.
  11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

No
    No

Korag likes this.
  12. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Ya
    Think you can bully and or scare us into reinstalling this shit??

Failed

Much like your life

Just kidding JMan you are a stand up individual

Sero likes this.
  13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Sintan likes this.
  14. Yomi Scythetalon

Dont bother Jman.

15. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

I meant as an investor overall. I never invested in BPG, although I offered to invest 40k as a start if specific changes were made. (They were small and easy to implement, I wanted them implemented to prove efficiency in my opinion and ideas). It was rejected.

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  16. Yomi Scythetalon

Who turns down a 40k investment, geeze.

17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Which ideas? Im genuinely curious to see what they turned down 40k for.

18. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

Decreasing original durability by half --- increasing drop rate significantly (The idea was was to increase open world interaction by keeping everyone farming for their items and allow the same amount of farming to make you multiple suits of armor rather than one. We would also experience the penalty of breaking all our items from dueling inside all day)

Increasing all low end item drop rates in newbie areas. reagents weapons, armors, staffs etc. ( I wanted to fill their banks up with what we consider trash but everything they need to fully gear up after every death)

Upon character creation give players some necessary spells (wb, and few offensive magic spells)

Disable the bind stone in all NPC cities except the capital.

Remove the buying requirement of spells and allow them to be automatically available upon obtaining the required skill level

Increase base starting stats slightly

Auto res at the end of death timer with newbie protection

Disable all VCPs except 1 per racial land, 1 per continent, and the ones centralizing center map. I wanted them to do this to make it a battle grounds style aspect. Every one that went live should be a massacre )

I had a few more but cannot recall tbh. I mean I had a lot of more advanced ideas but with these I was just trying to make small changes that would go a long way.

19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

This MIGHT work. The only problem I see is enchants being harder to do because they depend on the dura of the item.

Things like 2 handed swords last way too long atm since they are never farmed with anymore, while things like bone fillers dont last long enough.

Half dura right now is a bit much though. If everything was Bone armour dura, maybe a tiny bit more, with some increased drops, it might be better though.

20. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

I don't recall any investment conversation... Unless it wasn't with me or something, can't find any messages from you about this unless it was under a different name maybe?